E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #41
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Make sure the HP is not cold!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #42
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Make sure the HP is not cold!!!!!!

Who needs waterboarding, huh? Ve have vays to make you talk.

OP, an easy way to warm the HP is to just put the bottle under your arm or between your legs while you watch TV or whatever. It will bring it close to body temp with no risk of it being too hot when you put it in your ear.

Last edited by Xcelratr; 01-28-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #43
pballa

My Ride: is so damn fine.
Saw this on TV: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/ear-wax-facts
pballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #44
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Heard a story at work recently (incident happened before I started here), where a guy out in the warehouse used an airgun to clean out his hears. He instantly blew out his left eardrum, and was taken to the hospital.

Several weeks later, his other ear became clogged, so he tried again, but with less air pressure. He's incredibly deaf now, in both ears.

Kids, don't use air guns to clean your ears.

Last edited by Silversixspeed; 01-28-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #45
JEFFEFECKS

My Ride: AW ///M3
Send a message via AIM to JEFFEFECKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
anyone else feeling hungry?

Alpine White/Cinnamon
JEFFEFECKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:24 AM   #46
roastbeef

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Hydrogen peroxide flush or have an ENT doc remove it with instruments
this.

professional grade '02 nissan frontier rock crawler, and a 325 with a few add-ons.
roastbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #47
etidd01

My Ride: is gone...
ear candles: haven't used them nor do I know if they work.

Last edited by etidd01; 01-29-2013 at 11:30 AM.
etidd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #48
clk500

My Ride: 2010 Acura TSX
I tried the hydrogen peroxide and worked like a champ.
Just had my girl drop a few drops into my ear and heard some fizzing and bubbling, tickled a little but no pain or discomfort. Layed on my side for like 10-15 min then took a shower with the shower head pointing directly into my ear, washed it out and everything seems to be pretty good now.
Not sure if any big chunks came out since I was taking a shower and looking the other way.
Highly recommend this method and saved a trip to the Doctors who probably would have done the same thing. Thanks for all the tips fanatics.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #49
Tutankhamon

My Ride: '02 Individual 330ci
Send a message via ICQ to Tutankhamon Send a message via AIM to Tutankhamon Send a message via MSN to Tutankhamon
Ear candles work but are dangerous and aren't recommended by most physicians. Hydrogen peroxide works but only problem is if it's a bad blockage it won't help much since it essentially takes all the moisture right out of the ear wax. If you have a bad blockage, best thing for you to do is to use ear drops overnight or even simple mineral oil and have it flushed by your doctor with water. I've battled this for many years and an annual flush is the best way to deal with it.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #50
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by etidd01 View Post
ear candles: haven't used them nor do I know if they work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutankhamon View Post
Ear candles work but are dangerous and aren't recommended by most physicians. Hydrogen peroxide works but only problem is if it's a bad blockage it won't help much since it essentially takes all the moisture right out of the ear wax. If you have a bad blockage, best thing for you to do is to use ear drops overnight or even simple mineral oil and have it flushed by your doctor with water. I've battled this for many years and an annual flush is the best way to deal with it.
Quote:
Doctors are particularly scornful of ear candling. "I think it's the work of the devil," says Dr. Stackpole. The process uses a long, hollow cone-shaped candle. The patient lies down on one side, the bottom of the candle is placed in the ear and the other end is set ablaze, theoretically creating a vacuum inside that draws out the wax.

Many physicians—and the Food and Drug Administration—warn that it can drop hot wax into delicate ear tissues, cause burns or even set hair on fire. Doctors also say it doesn't work—that brown, gooey stuff inside the cone is candle wax, not earwax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clk500 View Post
I tried the hydrogen peroxide and worked like a champ.
Just had my girl drop a few drops into my ear and heard some fizzing and bubbling, tickled a little but no pain or discomfort. Layed on my side for like 10-15 min then took a shower with the shower head pointing directly into my ear, washed it out and everything seems to be pretty good now.
Not sure if any big chunks came out since I was taking a shower and looking the other way.
Highly recommend this method and saved a trip to the Doctors who probably would have done the same thing. Thanks for all the tips fanatics.
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote