E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:47 AM   #2061
CTRob

My Ride: Alpine white e39
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainBreak View Post
I don't see Google Nav working for quite some time....
PainBreak in that case I think the only way this is going to be fixed is if you are able to fix it (your free time allowing of course) because it looks like Szenco aren't sure how to fix it.
I'm 100% behind you if you take this on pal
Again free time permitting perhaps you could do something similar in time to what M3Evolution did with the Dynavin - Perhaps you could make a custom ROM for the new Android 4. O/S systems with tweaks and fixes!?
You could even setup a paypal fund, I for one wouldn't mind donating for a decent ROM for the unit
CTRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #2062
madbull1986

My Ride: 320d Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRob View Post
, I for one wouldn't mind donating for a decent ROM for the unit
Subscribed!!!
madbull1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #2063
Barto89

My Ride: E46 320 cabrio
i've got a problem: ipod connector is too long and touches the plastic behind. So the radio doesn't enter completly. how can i do??

this is the connector

Last edited by Barto89; 01-25-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Barto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #2064
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Last 20-30 pages are all about Android version....I don't think there is a single post regarding anything specific to WinCE version. I think it's now safe to assume that WinCE version is stable and working correctly....minus a few (comparatively small) bugs, and without a even remote chance to get an upgrade. But, stable is good....
Old 01-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #2065
PainBreak

My Ride: 2004 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
Last 20-30 pages are all about Android version....I don't think there is a single post regarding anything specific to WinCE version. I think it's now safe to assume that WinCE version is stable and working correctly....minus a few (comparatively small) bugs, and without a even remote chance to get an upgrade. But, stable is good....
I'm holding out for the PalmOS version, myself. I, for one, love running abandoned operating systems.

Edit: To expand on that snide statement, I think it's great that there are people who are OK with the WinCE version.

The WinCE version, to me, is a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20, where Android version is a bottle of Chateau Mouton-Rothschild.

The Mad Dog 20/20 does one thing, and one thing well: get you drunk.

The Chateau Mouton-Rothschild is a bit more particular. It's quite a bit more expensive, and if you open it too early, and drink it immediately, it's going to be tannic, and bitter--a little hard to swallow for the price. If you give it a little time to mature, and let it oxygenate a bit, it's going to be smooth, and pleasing to the palate. It's multi-faceted--you can pair it well with a variety of food, and bring a bottle out to impress your contemporaries.

Oh, and it'll get you drunk.

Things that I run on Android in the car that won't work on WinCE:

1. Subsonic. I have my entire music and video library hosted on a PC at my house. When my Android-based head unit is connected to the internet, I have access to all of it. I listen to albums on Subsonic as my primary entertainment when I'm in the car.
2. Pandora. If I get tired of my music, I put on Pandora.
3. Tune-In Radio. I use this to listen to sports events that are outside of my area.
4. iGo Primo is currently my navigation. After modifying the sys.txt I have online traffic alerts working as well.
5. Wyse PocketCloud RDP/VNC. When connected via PPTP VPN to my home network, I can log into my PCs while I'm in the car. Doesn't sound too handy to most, but it's pretty handy when you're on the road, and need to hop in and take care of something at home.

And Angry Birds, bitches. I gots to have my Angry Birds.

Last edited by PainBreak; 01-25-2013 at 11:32 AM.
PainBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #2066
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
I appreciate what you are doing for this comunity (yes, I've been following this thread from the beginning and read every single post) and that's one side of things. Thank you for making E46 an even better car.

I'm certain you understand that different people have different needs. Me...when it comes to ICE, I need the following:
-GPS with good and "changeable" software (IGO, Garmin, etc.)
-MP3 using USB or SD
-Bluetooth/mic to make/receive calls
-CD/radio/clock (this is probably my OCD...I almost never use these, but since the car's OEM unit had those functions, I don't want to loose any of the functions the car originally came with
-All of the above using touchscreen
-OEM-ish look - this is a must

When you look at it this way, WinCE version really covers it all...for me, anyway... Does it matter what do I need?! Of course not! Except to me.

EDIT: If "Torque" worked using that OBD bluetooth thingy + Bluetooth dongle on the Android side, that, I think, would be totally different ball game...again, for me, only.

Last edited by daki_bmw; 01-25-2013 at 04:00 PM.
daki_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #2067
HighxTech

My Ride: 2002 330i
I've been reading forum since the first post. i have a 2002 330I.
Ive also been messaging jolly since November and I placed my order last night.

First off thank you to all who have supported this forum in anyway, all your experiences have helped me in my decisions.

I will see what I can do for making a custom ROM for this device when it comes..can anyone make a summary of all the problems the 4.0 version has?
HighxTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #2068
PainBreak

My Ride: 2004 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighxTech View Post
I've been reading forum since the first post. i have a 2002 330I.
Ive also been messaging jolly since November and I placed my order last night.

First off thank you to all who have supported this forum in anyway, all your experiences have helped me in my decisions.

I will see what I can do for making a custom ROM for this device when it comes..can anyone make a summary of all the problems the 4.0 version has?
I have created a new thread for the Android 4.04 version of the Enco B046. I go into a bit of detail about it here:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=967737
Old 01-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #2069
HighxTech

Alright thanks, Jolly said I should recieve the deck by next week but id like to see what I can put together. has this been rooted with no problem yet?
Old 01-27-2013, 02:55 AM   #2070
Barto89

My Ride: E46 320 cabrio
Quote:
The Amp Remote Turn-On wire is the thinner blue one. The thicker one is a speaker wire.
hi! thanks for answer. In my piece there is only one blue cable. Is this the correct??

Barto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:52 AM   #2071
jchuillier

My Ride: 330CD
Yes
jchuillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #2072
Kripas

My Ride: 04 325ci convertible
Found her
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1359344274.435461.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	488097  
Kripas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #2073
Mman004

My Ride: 2000 E46
Do you think we may have a possibility for aftermarket PDC using using this info especially for the wince side of the board and hopefully android later? apparently they made a USB interface for carpc. I am wondering if one can be made for the enco units? I found this here:
http://www.mp3car.com/rr-released-pl...on-plugin.html

Quote:
I don't see this as ever being an option on these, unfortunately.

Last edited by Mman004; 01-28-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Mman004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #2074
nissan00b

My Ride: 323 Ci
Has anyone had any trouble with the built in microphone on WinCE version? I've had mine for about 1/2 a year but the built in mic went out a couple months ago but I have no idea how to fix it. I've heard the dynavins have an output for an external mic but I believe the encos don't. Does anyone have any ideas?
nissan00b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #2075
HighxTech

My deck was shipped Monday and got here (Ontario) today! its at home now I cant wait to finish work ill take pics and post an unboxing vid and keep you all up to date!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #2076
HighxTech

She has that pic at the end of all her messages, shes been really nice ive been messaging back and for since the 2.3 version
Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #2077
HighxTech

Got my unit, installed I in 45 minutes. I swear to God I've never been happier with my car (other then my Angel eyes).

Android side is fast, not laggy or anything, Bluetooth works excellent on other side (especially when playing music). Steering wheel controls work flawlessly, WiFi connects great...

The GPS is my only problem but I'll work on that another day. This is well worth the money. ($20 duty even though I was told I wouldn't pay anything) totals it to about $580 with backup camera and WiFi.

Like I said bad things at the moment are GPS, the fact that I played $20 (but it was worth it), and no instructions.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #2078
Kripas

My Ride: 04 325ci convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighxTech View Post
Got my unit, installed I in 45 minutes. I swear to God I've never been happier with my car (other then my Angel eyes).

Android side is fast, not laggy or anything, Bluetooth works excellent on other side (especially when playing music). Steering wheel controls work flawlessly, WiFi connects great...

The GPS is my only problem but I'll work on that another day. This is well worth the money. ($20 duty even though I was told I wouldn't pay anything) totals it to about $580 with backup camera and WiFi.

Like I said bad things at the moment are GPS, the fact that I played $20 (but it was worth it), and no instructions.
I ordered mine, android version .hows the camera? Does it fit perfectly ?
Kripas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #2079
HighxTech

Haven't installed it yet it's night and pouring outside and I just got off a 13 hour shift so I'm going to install the rest tomorrow after my g test and I'll post more info
Old 01-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #2080
HighxTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kripas View Post
I ordered mine, android version .hows the camera? Does it fit perfectly ?
No it doesn't.infact after I got mine installed and put it in AUX It was upside down..had to pull it apart and turn the square camera around and had to drill the plastic so the wire would go in.

Anyhow after using this deck for a while I've notice a few things.

As mentioned the camera doesn't fit perfectly (2002 330i) and it was upside down..its plugged into aux but at least it works.

The radio reception isnt as good as stock sometimes its fine but most times its crappy.

GPS doesn't work

Boots into a random mode

Some apps can't be installed through market..such as Google chrome

Older iPods (my older nano) don't work , my new nano does work though

Steering wheel controls work 95% of the time. Other 5% its laggy or doesn't work.

Bluetooth doesn't work on android side. WiFi works great (tethering)

But everything else works great sound is great especially the bass (10 speaker HK)