E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

View Poll Results: How Many Can You Do?
1-5 1 3.45%
5-10 0 0%
10-15 3 10.34%
15-25 5 17.24%
25+ 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #101
DILLA

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I don't get to hang out with anyone!
Everyone come to SA. I have a kegorator.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #102
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
How come when I tell you that it's your form, you say "I have been doing them this way for over a year and have never had a problem, sooooo.....I don't think that's the issue, etc.", but when Dave basically tells you that your form is the issue and suggests that you change it, you say, "Ok cool! I will do that."? Muthaf@cker! Geez!
I wasn't clear. I meant ok cool I wont dip for a bit. But you guys are right I guess. I was watching more videos.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #103
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
I wasn't clear. I meant ok cool I wont dip for a bit. But you guys are right I guess. I was watching more videos.
If it hurts you're doing it wrong

Except butt schex.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #104
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Judging from your physique, the fact that you're a swimmer, and seem overall very fit I'd say you're into the 30's. Try it out and let us know how it goes.
Here's my fail haha. You'll see why I said I definitely want bigger legs in my thread.

Disclaimer. This was after my chest and tricep workout. My legs are skinny. I know. I'm starting to work them out more. I'm ashamed of them

Yes now that I see the video I realize I need to get my arms straighter when I push up. They weren't even all the way up so they don't count.

So this is my first attempt. It can only get better from here lol

domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #105
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: ...a stairclimber!
Quote:
Originally Posted by domcreates View Post
Here's my fail haha. You'll see why I said I definitely want bigger legs in my thread.

Disclaimer. This was after my chest and tricep workout. My legs are skinny. I know. I'm starting to work them out more. I'm ashamed of them

Yes now that I see the video I realize I need to get my arms straighter when I push up. They weren't even all the way up so they don't count.

I know you had a good pump, but you've got a good physique man; a really good base to pack on some muscle. Extend those arms. Keep at it!

Last edited by M3Inline6; 01-30-2013 at 01:14 AM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #106
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I know you had a good pump, but you've got a good physique man; a really good base to pack on some muscle. Extend those arms. Keep at it!
Gracias, gotta build up those legs though
Old 01-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #107
DylloS

Quote:
Gracias, gotta build up those legs though
you did very good man. Your legs dont look bad and keep in mind calves are probably the hardest muscle to make grow lol.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #108
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:

I didn't see your video, but as far as going all the way up, you don't want to go to full lock when doing these. Go to just before, as this keeps the pressure on your muscles.

Same thing with incline press with a barbell; you only want to go about 60% down because it then loses pressure on the pec and goes to the shoulders...
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #109
domcreates
Banned User

I don't think i'm going far enough up? You guys tell me though
Old 01-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #110
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
I don't think i'm going far enough up? You guys tell me though
I personally don't think you are going far enough up, but I also would tell you to go all the way to your chest on incline bench. Full ROM or its no rep IMO.

Many will disagree though.
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #111
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
I personally don't think you are going far enough up, but I also would tell you to go all the way to your chest on incline bench. Full ROM or its no rep IMO.

I agree with that. which makes my dips possible no reps. I lock everything.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #112
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post

Yea this is what I thought
Old 01-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #113
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
hey you could have my calves, they are incredibly skinny. Quads are fine, I squat 235x5 full ROM and do standing calf raises x 15 with 275 on my shoulders which for my size I'm proud of... but the bigger my quads get, the skinnier my calves look, its just genetics. They are strong, just don't look like it... something I've had to come to accept.

But sounds like you've been skipping leg day and know it haha

I don't know if anyone here watches entourage, but I always get reminded of johnny drama complimenting that guy on his calves, and wanting to get calf augmentation
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #114
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
hey you could have my calves, they are incredibly skinny. Quads are fine, I squat 235x5 full ROM and do standing calf raises x 15 with 275 on my shoulders which for my size I'm proud of... but the bigger my quads get, the skinnier my calves look, its just genetics. They are strong, just don't look like it... something I've had to come to accept.

I don't know if anyone here watches entourage, but I always get reminded of johnny drama complimenting that guy on his calves, and wanting to get calf augmentation
I always think that lol
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #115
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:

Yea I used to skip it all the time
Old 01-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #116
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
For a period of 7 months a couple years ago I had leg/shoulder days on fridays... and I would always skip the gym on friday. That really set my balance back, took awhile to get it where it should be (and still working on it).

Just don't be this guy

Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #117
DylloS

Quote:
For a period of 7 months a couple years ago I had leg/shoulder days on fridays... and I would always skip the gym on friday. That really set my balance back, took awhile to get it where it should be (and still working on it).

Just don't be this guy

I am that guy. That's why I try to just take off on a Friday now if I can. I'd rather workout Saturday.

Last edited by DylloS; 01-30-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #118
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
^^ LMAO.

There is a guy at Golds that my colleague and I have nicknamed EDUB.... every day upper body. The guy isn't quite that bad but similar

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #119
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: ...a stairclimber!
Quote:

Just don't be this guy

He looks absolutely horrible.....like an Incredibles cartoon character or something....

....and I bet he's using.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #120
domcreates
Banned User

haha hopefully It won't get that bad, especially now that i'm not skipping leg days