E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #21
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
I remember sending one to one to a guy in texas who was taking it over the border....but that was 6 months ago....Ive sent quite a few to the south of you, but very little to Mexico.

You shouldn't worry about the install though, its fairly easy for a DIY, and MUCH easier than a "regular" install that audio shops do every day.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #22
Ivanhoe

My Ride: BMW 330 xi 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
I remember sending one to one to a guy in texas who was taking it over the border....but that was 6 months ago....Ive sent quite a few to the south of you, but very little to Mexico.

You shouldn't worry about the install though, its fairly easy for a DIY, and MUCH easier than a "regular" install that audio shops do every day.
Agree 100%, instalation its really easy. I do it last week on Saturday and not problem at all. I am not an technical installer or somenthing close.

DM1, if you decided to get it I am more then happy to help you, in English or Spanish
Old 06-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #23
Boosted_TiAg

My Ride: 09' 535xi M Sport
Just got my dynavin and reading this review has really helped me get a proper intro to this thing as I'm still learning how to use it...I'm expecting that new sd card with the new gps program on it soon. I'm pretty happy with my purchase as well.
Boosted_TiAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #24
futureFACS

My Ride: 330xi, e36 325i gone
i love everytime you say "PROCURE" in your write ups....and so...i procured a dynavin for myself!
2004 330xi ZPP ZCW. Mods: All weather rubber floor mats | EE LED Tail Lights | Clear Corners | LED Clear Side Markers | LED Angel Eyes | 35% Tint | iPod Aux | LED Interior Lights | M Tech II Front Bumper | Dynavin V5 Navi & Reverse Camera | Front Night Vision Camera | HID Fog Lights | CSL Trunk Lid
futureFACS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #25
Kukanuka81

My Ride: 02 E46 M3 conv.
Send a message via ICQ to Kukanuka81
Anyone in the NJ area that can help me with the Android unit?
Kukanuka81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:01 AM   #26
JazHead

My Ride: 325xi
Great review!! It really helped a lot. Just ordered the Dynavin (D99+) Windows CE. I'm looking forward to it after all these years of the business CD. Keep you posted.
JazHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #27
Kukanuka81

Any Dynavin installer in NJ?
Old 12-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #28
the xecutionr

My Ride: Imola M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukanuka81 View Post
Any Dynavin installer in NJ?
Do it yourself plug and play very straight forward
Where in nj are you? If your close to me i could give you a hand
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Bimmer App

THE ONLY THING I FEAR IS FAILURE, AND FAILURE IS NEVER AN OPTION. GO HARD OR GO HOME.

Last edited by the xecutionr; 12-29-2012 at 10:14 AM.
the xecutionr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #29
Kukanuka81

Quote:
Originally Posted by the xecutionr View Post
Do it yourself plug and play very straight forward
Where in nj are you? If your close to me i could give you a hand
Thanks!
I already have the unit installed for over a year already but I don't know how to mess with it at all
I can't even get it to download any apps I've tried couple deferent thinks already but don't know what I'm doing wrong. If u know how to mess with it I won't mind taking a ride.
Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #30
the xecutionr

My Ride: Imola M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukanuka81 View Post
Thanks!
I already have the unit installed for over a year already but I don't know how to mess with it at all
I can't even get it to download any apps I've tried couple deferent thinks already but don't know what I'm doing wrong. If u know how to mess with it I won't mind taking a ride.
Thanks
I have the WinCe version i havent messed with the android but i think you need wifi tonget apps.. i may be wrong but i thought thats what the deal was

THE ONLY THING I FEAR IS FAILURE, AND FAILURE IS NEVER AN OPTION. GO HARD OR GO HOME.
the xecutionr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #31
Kukanuka81

Quote:
Originally Posted by the xecutionr View Post
I have the WinCe version i havent messed with the android but i think you need wifi tonget apps.. i may be wrong but i thought thats what the deal was

Yea I have wifi. I can go online with it but I guess to complicated for me lol
I was hearing of all these software updates and was wondering if anyone couple help me do it.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
JazHead

My Ride: 325xi
Brand new proud Dynavin owner here!! Installation took a little longer than expected but everything worked out fine. No real surprises but the vents took the longest time!!!
My unit did not have installation instructions so I had to depend heavily upon the forums. The GPS antenna is in the right corner post and the microphone is in roof console. No problems ...just time.
My sound is much better and the Bluetooth works great! My only question ....is there a Bluetooth screen because I have not been able to find it. The iPod integration is cool but the iOS upgrade still needs some work. Steering controls are working fine once I found out what the little black box was for.
Very happy indeed after all these years of the Business CD. Plus, movies sound and look great! My kids love it.
Got a nice deal plus I used my EBay Bucks to buy the Climate Control relocation console. Got to love it!!!!

2003 325xi - "...And Swingin'!!!"
JazHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #33
navy_guy

My Ride: BMW 318i E46
Does it have lane assist?
navy_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #34
tpannell

My Ride: 2005 330ci
Here's my Dynavin experience for anybody considering this product.

I picked up a 2005 BMW 330Ci convertible with the intention of upgrading the audio system. My previous, less cool ride, had a nice touch screen system with satellite radio, bluetooth phone integration and streaming, and an iPod interface in the glove compartment. All of these things had become pretty important to me.

It was important to have the job done right and look like the unit belonged there. I stopped by a car audio shop and they told me they'd have to build a custom kit to relocate the HVAC controls and another one for the head unit. After the steering wheel control interface, ipod interface, labor and custom work, it was over $1000 not including the actual head unit. They would also need the car for an entire day. I went by another shop to get a second opinion and they didn't even want to quote the job. They said it would be a lot of work and recommended a simpler single din system. I stopped by Best Buy not expecting much and didn't get much. As expected they said it was a lot of custom work which they couldn't do. The guy at Best buy told me the other places I stopped by were good but would get me on price and recommended another shop. So I stopped by this other shop. He would need the car for three days to do the job, make all the same kits and charge about $1500 for the whole job. He gave me some story about the bluetooth microphone and the GPS antenna being very complicated to do in a convertible.

I felt like this was something other must have done before so I started doing some online research. I found out about the HVAC relocation kit available from BMW, then I found some bezels I could order online for the head units. I didn't need any custom kits but when I looked at the pictures, the head units just didn't look like they belonged in a BMW. They looked decent but they were decent hacks. Even with the kits I found, I'd still probably pay around a grand for something that looked like a hack.

Finally I came across this video.

These guys at Bavarian Soundwerks in Atlanta put together this video to show just how to install this Dynavin unit in an E46. They were getting a lot of questions so they put together the video and uploaded it to Youtube. They pulled off the interior trim, removed the old radio and prepped the installation in about 3 minutes. Relocating the HVAC controls was a no brainer. They showed just how to install the GPS antenna and hide the bluetooth mic. Instructions for removing the glove box and hiding the wires were also provided in the video. It all looked like a really simple job but I didn't know who this Dynavin company was.

A little research on Dynavin led me to e46Fanatics and bimmerforums. I found that a lot of people were praising the product and it really seemed like the best and only option. There were a couple of knock offs but nothing was getting the satisfaction of Dynavin. I came across Jeff Bechtel at www.jandtdistributing.com and asked him a couple of questions. He got back to me with some honest answers and helpful information. The lack of satellite radio was a drawback for me but given the look, fit, and satisfied customers, it seemed like the best way to go. Jeff's site has everything you need for the installation (HVAC relocation it, USB extensions, etc.), so I put in my order for the D99 plus.

I had my stuff in about a week, setup the video in the garage, and followed along. The video was helpful for seeing how to remove the trim and get the old unit out, but the Dynavin itself didn't take much effort. Everything is plug and play. Now remember, these pros needed the car for 1 - 3 days and said it was a real complicated job. I have never done this before and had the job done in 3 hours. The last hour was just getting the glove box mounted again. If I had a second person to hold it in place, the whole job would've been done in 2 hours. The unit looks and sounds great. My bluetooth mic is hidden in the light compartment, the gps antenna is in a corner on the dash, and all wires are hidden. Yes, even on a convertible these things were a piece of cake. Installing and tucking the wires for those two items took less than five minutes, but it's a real complicated job on a convertible for the pros. The GPS is easily updatable. I always like having the latest data so I popped the micro sd card out of the front of the unit, put it in a $5 sd reader/writer from Walmart and connected it to the computer. The tools they provide back it up and update the nav software. For satellite radio, I just use an app on my phone and stream it over bluetooth.

Do yourself a favor, check out that installation video, consider getting a Dynavin and doing the job yourself. The new D99 plus also comes with a lower price. I can see why none of the audio shops mentioned Dynavin. They must hate the company. When Dynavin makes the job this simple, who needs a custom audio shop?
tpannell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #35
J&T Distributing

Glad you like it, yes the dynavin really solves a problem for the E46....

Old 03-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #36
pan2

My Ride: 325i
I must say that Jeff at JandTdistributing are professional in their approach and I will thank Jeff publicly for his communications via email. Being in Australia can make buying Dynavin a little bit more difficult and my first mistake was to go to Navshop in Cape Town at the end of January. I am still waiting for a refund for goods not sent. Apologies for the rest of the post.

Last edited by pan2; 03-13-2014 at 10:36 PM. Reason: not for public consumption
pan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:10 PM   #37
J&T Distributing

Thanks for the good word!

Old 03-19-2014, 03:00 AM   #38
pan2

My Ride: 325i
And once again I can thank Jeff. After 6 weeks and a claim through PayPal to force that scumbag from the NavShop; I have my money back. I immediately contacted J&T and in the space of 12 hours a new Dynavin E46 99+ and Fakra cable are on their way. already have a tracking number After all the bullshit I've endured over the last 6 weeks, this is a breath of fresh air. Might invite him over to Coolangatta on the Gold Coast to do the installation
pan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #39
Kayss

My Ride: Bmw 328i 1999
Anyone have the average price of the unit on the top of their heads? Im interested In getting the one capable of playing media via bluetooth
Kayss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:54 PM   #40
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan2 View Post
And once again I can thank Jeff. After 6 weeks and a claim through PayPal to force that scumbag from the NavShop; I have my money back. I immediately contacted J&T and in the space of 12 hours a new Dynavin E46 99+ and Fakra cable are on their way. already have a tracking number After all the bullshit I've endured over the last 6 weeks, this is a breath of fresh air. Might invite him over to Coolangatta on the Gold Coast to do the installation
Glad we could help. Yeah, Gold Coast indeed, not creepy or anything but part of my shipping process is taking a look at google maps to see the shipping address to verify that everything looks legit.....so yeah, I saw your area........i might want to take my next vacation down the street from your house, haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayss View Post
Anyone have the average price of the unit on the top of their heads? Im interested In getting the one capable of playing media via bluetooth
See those links in my signature.....click, click....