E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > New England

New England
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
MA ME NH RI VT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
I Love Salt

See Sig.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
CJW2OO4

My Ride: LANDSHARK
Send a message via AIM to CJW2OO4
all i see is rust spots

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
CJW2OO4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
all i see is rust spots
HAHA! He's ALIIIIIIVE!

I went to Turner's website yesterday and thought of you. I put in your stupid womanly BMW and there's just no worthwhile exhausts for it. Why did you get the only BMW that cannot have a glorious exhaust?????
Old 01-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
Jesse M

My Ride: 05' ZHP
Looks about right for time time of year in new england.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
eapecially after putting on my UUC Corsa exhaust! Salt all over!!!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL Interior Door Panels l OEM CSL Bootlid l CSL Center Console | Nav s/w v32 | LCM s/w 4.5 One-Touch Triple Blink | OEM Black Interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Bar/SSK/Cross-Drilled Rotors l Gruppe M CAI l BMW iPod/Sirius Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l One piece 1x1 cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
CJW2OO4

My Ride: LANDSHARK
Send a message via AIM to CJW2OO4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
eapecially after putting on my UUC Corsa exhaust! Salt all over!!!
let me know when you get bored of it.

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
CJW2OO4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
cak323i
Modded ///Member

hehe! I will never get bored of my UUC Corsa exhaust...
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL Interior Door Panels l OEM CSL Bootlid l CSL Center Console | Nav s/w v32 | LCM s/w 4.5 One-Touch Triple Blink | OEM Black Interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Bar/SSK/Cross-Drilled Rotors l Gruppe M CAI l BMW iPod/Sirius Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l One piece 1x1 cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
Old 01-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
trizzuth

Quote:
hehe! I will never get bored of my UUC Corsa exhaust...
No worries Chuck. Those tips take salt, carbon exhaust deposits, road debris, whatever you can toss at em and to this day (mine is about 6 years old now) a simple spray with some wheel cleaner and a light scrub with your washing mitt and it just falls off like melted butter.

Your tips will always look like that!

have you had a chance to take that ZHP beast into a covered garage yet with the windows down a bit? Oh the glorious heaven that is in that gurgle!

Last edited by trizzuth; 01-25-2013 at 03:24 PM.
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
cak323i
Modded ///Member

I had my driver's door opened when I put my ZHP against the garage door had the car cold started.....I agree that gurgle....sounds so good Now this is how all 330's should have come from BMW!

Last edited by cak323i; 01-25-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
trizzuth

AGREED!!!!

sounds better than an M3 exhaust if you ask me, unless you have a nice aftermarket setup to eliminate that rasp and make it more throaty..
Old 01-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #11
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
AGREED!!!!

sounds better than an M3 exhaust if you ask me, unless you have a nice aftermarket setup to eliminate that rasp and make it more throaty..
Problem is that I happen to like the rasp on my ///M, although I have been thinking of getting the UUC exhaust for my ///M but I have lot's of other things I want to do instead...when we meet up this summer you will see all that I have done to either my ///M or ZHP

Speaking of which....we all need to get a group together sometime just to meet up have some drinks and food.....what do you say? I can show you my Sprint Booster/Sport Button mod I have installed into my ZHP this winter

Last edited by cak323i; 01-25-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #12
CarterRuss

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323Ci
feel the same way, need the weather to get a little nicer out to take to the car wash, dire need

CarterRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #13
trizzuth

Quote:
Problem is that I happen to like the rasp on my ///M, although I have been thinking of getting the UUC exhaust for my ///M but I have lot's of other things I want to do instead...when we meet up this summer you will see all that I have done to either my ///M or ZHP

Speaking of which....we all need to get a group together sometime just to meet up have some drinks and food.....what do you say? I can show you my Sprint Booster/Sport Button mod I have installed into my ZHP this winter
Yeah as soon as it gets a little nicer outside.. now, i've been dying to know this.. did that sprint booster really make any difference on your 330?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #14
E46Enthusiast20
Modded ///Member

My Ride: 2008 135i M-Sport
I want to wash the salt off mine so badly. Can't because its fricken -10 every damn day.

My hellrot sedan thread.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...382&highlight=
E46Enthusiast20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #15
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Yeah as soon as it gets a little nicer outside.. now, i've been dying to know this.. did that sprint booster really make any difference on your 330?
With Sprint Booster, I have more confidence that I can merge into the traffic scheme with the same precision and "get up and go" that I have when driving my ///M. The "old" ZHP felt good but when compared to my "Sprint Boosted" ZHP, the old one feels so much slower off the line. My "new" ZHP now feels awesome!

I know that Sprint Booster does not increase the horsepower of the car... tune programming such as Shark Injector, changing out your exhaust, headers, and adding a CAI will add some horsepower to your car. The Sprint Booster improves the throttle response of the car so that there is less delay when you press on the throttle. What I like is that with Sprint Booster, there are three settings to choose from stock / Sport Program (my preference) / Race Program.

Until I purchased my Sprint Booster, I really had no idea as to how much it would change the way I now look at driving my ZHP... all I can say is that with Sprint Booster, my ZHP is so much more fun to drive! Right now, I'm seriously considering getting Sprint Booster for my ///M! That's how much I love this little device!!!

oh....something to think about....
For those who are not inclined to do the Sport Button mod as my friend John and I did, I still recommend getting Sprint Booster for your car...you will notice the difference! I got my Sprint Booster from eBay, but you can also find links in the classified section. Instead of paying $299 + shipping I got mine for $153 with shipping included. You can find them at a more reasonable price....just keep an eye out in the classified section

Doing the sport button mod does require some soldering skills and for some, nerves of steel. The surface mount LEDs can easily be burned if you're not careful and not work as a result...I found this out with one of mine since it does not work (Sport mode LED)... William's guide was instrumental when I did mine and I now know how to do this mod....one thing I will do different is get brand new LEDs so that I won't have to "reuse" any when I go back and redo my sport button.

Hope this answers all of your question, including those you haven't thought of yet...

Last edited by cak323i; 01-30-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #16
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Did someone say salt?
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #17
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Enthusiast20 View Post
I want to wash the salt off mine so badly. Can't because its fricken -10 every damn day.
HATE those reindeer things on all cars, but i LOVE it on yours, so funny dude! I wonder if they'd stay put if you went 100.

Quote:
With Sprint Booster, I have more confidence that I can merge into the traffic scheme with the same precision and "get up and go" that I have when driving my ///M. The "old" ZHP felt good but when compared to my "Sprint Boosted" ZHP, the old one feels so much slower off the line. My "new" ZHP now feels awesome!

I know that Sprint Booster does not increase the horsepower of the car... tune programming such as Shark Injector, changing out your exhaust, headers, and adding a CAI will add some horsepower to your car. The Sprint Booster improves the throttle response of the car so that there is less delay when you press on the throttle. What I like is that with Sprint Booster, there are three settings to choose from stock / Sport Program (my preference) / Race Program.

Until I purchased my Sprint Booster, I really had no idea as to how much it would change the way I now look at driving my ZHP... all I can say is that with Sprint Booster, my ZHP is so much more fun to drive! Right now, I'm seriously considering getting Sprint Booster for my ///M! That's how much I love this little device!!!

oh....something to think about....
For those who are not inclined to do the Sport Button mod as my friend John and I did, I still recommend getting Sprint Booster for your car...you will notice the difference! I got my Sprint Booster from eBay, but you can also find links in the classified section. Instead of paying $299 + shipping I got mine for $153 with shipping included. You can find them at a more reasonable price....just keep an eye out in the classified section

Doing the sport button mod does require some soldering skills and for some, nerves of steel. The surface mount LEDs can easily be burned if you're not careful and not work as a result...I found this out with one of mine since it does not work (Sport mode LED)... William's guide was instrumental when I did mine and I now know how to do this mod....one thing I will do different is get brand new LEDs so that I won't have to "reuse" any when I go back and redo my sport button.

Hope this answers all of your question, including those you haven't thought of yet...
Interesting feedback here Charlie. I've never really felt that my 330 was "slow" merging into traffic, but then again I have a pretty heavy foot, I might be concerned that it would get too touchy with this mod. But nonetheless your review here is the most positive thing I've read so far, and other than your ZHP parts in the engine and rack, we basically have a very similar 330i now.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #18
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Did someone say salt?
clearly, you were not as lazy as me and took the time to clean off your headlights so light output was not affected. My projector beam pattern must have been sweet when I drove home that night!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #19
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
... Interesting feedback here Charlie. I've never really felt that my 330 was "slow" merging into traffic, but then again I have a pretty heavy foot, I might be concerned that it would get too touchy with this mod. But nonetheless your review here is the most positive thing I've read so far, and other than your ZHP parts in the engine and rack, we basically have a very similar 330i now.
Thanks Mike Regarding your comment in blue, I said this because I have an ///M to compare my ZHP to... So with that said, the ZHP is much faster coming out the line with Sprint Booster. The best part is that you can keep your original setting (stock) by staying in mode 1 (led off), and then then if you want more you can push the button to mode 2 (sport mode) and see if you like the setting and go from there.

For daily driving, I like keeping mine in mode 2 (Sport mode). It works good enough for me but occasionally the aggressive mode makes for a fun time

Last edited by cak323i; 01-30-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #20
E46Enthusiast20
Modded ///Member

My Ride: 2008 135i M-Sport
The salt is gone!!!!!:beer:

My hellrot sedan thread.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...382&highlight=
E46Enthusiast20 is offline   Reply With Quote