E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #21
Redflea

My Ride: 2005 330Ci/2003 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by halohead52 View Post
Congratulations! You've got a great car!
Thanks, I wish I had a great car. As wife keeps reminding me, SHE has a great car.

;-)

I, on the other hand, have car-envy for the first time since we were married 20-odd years ago.

We did drive a few Z4's before she settled on the 3-series convertible, and I was a bit bitten by that bug. I'm thinking that as soon as we get the last child and his car out of the house, there may be a Z4 in my future.
Redflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #22
Poncho@home

My Ride: MY04 330Cic ZSP
Max'd out, yeah we have DDs as well, this is just our family fun car.

My previous summer toy I was like that with at first, explaining the fine details of defensive/preventive driving. It took years, but I finally threw her the keys and told her to have fun with the car and not to worry about it, it was just a car and I wanted her to experience the joy I feel when driving it. After all I wasn't exactly MR.Saint when in it, raced it many times over the years!

Since then she drove that car a handful of times, but we sold it last summer to buy the BMW. When we got the BMW, I told her from the get go, that if anything happens, we can always buy another one, but I think she saw the pure joy I had when we first bought it that she didn't want to risk anything spoiling that for me. I am sure next summer I'll convince her to atleast take it for a spin to experience it.

As I get older, I have come to realize that everything is replaceable. Heck, if something happens to this one, I might just replace it for a clean M3 vert, so in a way I am looking for an excuse to upgrade yet again

Last edited by Poncho@home; 01-30-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Poncho@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #23
zAiD973

My Ride: E46 330ci
Expensive to maintain it/parts, hardly breaks on the good side and it's soooooooooooooo worth it
Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #24
Poncho@home

My Ride: MY04 330Cic ZSP
Hey RedFlea, I noticed your wifes car doesn't seem to have the proper license plate holder. I have one off my car that I don't need, its yours for $20 + the cost of shipping if you want it.

Its a nice piece, complete with screws. OEM BMW

Let me know, and I can get a shipping quote.
Poncho@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #25
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
Congrats. Unfortunately, $100 is a good price for coding from a dealer. There may be local garage mechanics or Indy's that would do it for less though.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:27 AM   #26
Redflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho@home View Post
Hey RedFlea, I noticed your wifes car doesn't seem to have the proper license plate holder. I have one off my car that I don't need, its yours for $20 + the cost of shipping if you want it.

Its a nice piece, complete with screws. OEM BMW

Let me know, and I can get a shipping quote.
Thanks, I'll ask the wife if she wants it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
Congrats. Unfortunately, $100 is a good price for coding from a dealer. There may be local garage mechanics or Indy's that would do it for less though.
I called my indie BMW guy, and he's going to do it for free!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #27
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
Awesome, free is better! BTW, if you're really into that, its not hard to get a laptop, download the s/w, and DIY. Plenty of threads on how to do it.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #28
Redflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
Awesome, free is better! BTW, if you're really into that, its not hard to get a laptop, download the s/w, and DIY. Plenty of threads on how to do it.
Yeah, ordered this yesterday:

http://www.xcar360.com/bmw-scanner-1...scan-tool.html

Use:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...7&postcount=26

Thought it would be nice to be able to muck about w/out having to take the car in.