E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
mbadger

My Ride: '02 325i '95 325ic
Eonon D5113U GPS DVD Player Installed - my thoughts

I bought something with the description like this "D5113U Eonon 7" HD Digital LCD Car GPS DVD Player for BMW E46 IPOD RDS 3D UI" for $400.00 shipped after submitting a best offer, no camera was included, just the radio, remote, connector cables, manual, antenna adapter etc.

- The installation was easy after watching a few vids from the TheTTBoyz on youtube and here: http://blog.ttints.co.uk/2011/06/27/...ibility-guide/

I didn't follow everything they did like removing the pillar molding to route the nav receiver I just mounted it on the dash at that same location. It's good to see how to remove the vents and properly access the slot where the new radio will sit however.

That being said, the radio harness connected to the factory harness with no issue, I didn't need the additional 5M cable since I didn't have factory nav to begin with. They do supply both cables if you have the new or old version radio harness.

The biggest issue really was the FM antenna connection which is too long to push the radio back in as it hits the metal firewall with about an inch of the front protruding. I bought a right angle adapter to resolve this.

Enough said, here's a few pics of the installation, sound quality is very good, iphone integration is good with the cable - current playlist play/display only, blutetooth audio/telephone works seamlessly.

Sorry I didn't clean the car before taking any pics so some of this stuff will be a little grimy, forgive:

Trunk Wiring for the Reverse Camera - Drilling was required to get the camera rca and power casing from the outside to the inside of the trunk behind the trunk lid

Camera purchased separately on Ebay for about $20.00 shipped

It's been so cold that I couldn't get to wire up the camera to the front rca and rear power connections for about a week since I installed it, but today we had a heatwave - 40 degrees

PAC USB and Auxillary Input extension wires from Ebay - around $45 shipped for both but well worth the money for a "clean" install minus my grit and grime shown here...

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
mbadger

The only nagging issue I have with this installation so far is the fact that the LOC I had connecting my aftermarket amp and subwoofer seems to fade in and out randomly. Since the head unit comes with a dedicated subwoofer out, I've since run the RCA wire from front to back, but I have to connect it still and haven't had time. Will update the thread to see if that goes away. But overall I'm still very very happy with this unit as my old radio wasn't even compatible with the Aux input cable modification and this trumps those features.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
mbadger

Reverse Camera Video

Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 AM   #4
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
Love your work,you have done a fine job!,i have a d5113 in my car also.
Do you also have the issue where it starts up on a different screen every time? and do you find the ipod interface primitive? apart from those niggly issues i think it is a top unit.
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:41 AM   #5
mbadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
Love your work,you have done a fine job!,i have a d5113 in my car also.
Do you also have the issue where it starts up on a different screen every time? and do you find the ipod interface primitive? apart from those niggly issues i think it is a top unit.
You nailed it on the head, both those statements are absolutely true and I agree, for what it does it is a great value. Thx for the kudos on the install, now I have find another project to keep me busy
Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
linom3

My Ride: M3
How is the GPS?

Last edited by linom3; 02-03-2013 at 07:26 PM.
linom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #7
mzeed

My Ride: 05 M3 ZCP no sunroof
1)Did you buy the HVAC Relocation Bracket?
2) If not, could you post some close ups of the HVAC Control in the new/relocated position. I really want to see how it looks as some people say its minor and livable while atleast 1 person was not able to snap in the Hvac Control into the new space with the originaal HVAC bracket. Just wondering how necessary it is to swap in a new $70-$99 part
3) How does the BlueTooth Sound to the people you call? Do they complain at all about noise, or that they can not here you?

Thanks

Last edited by mzeed; 02-03-2013 at 10:22 PM.
mzeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #8
asdetail

nav is great( i use igo primo 1.2),which, imho, is the best one out there.
as for bluetooth calling,well i have had no problems apart from having to speak a little louder on call,but i put that down to the location of the microphone on the unit.

I did not use a relocation bracket, just took out the sunglass holder and hvac fits just fine,or at least i can live with it ok.

Last edited by asdetail; 02-04-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
mbadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzeed View Post
1)Did you buy the HVAC Relocation Bracket?
2) If not, could you post some close ups of the HVAC Control in the new/relocated position. I really want to see how it looks as some people say its minor and livable while atleast 1 person was not able to snap in the Hvac Control into the new space with the originaal HVAC bracket. Just wondering how necessary it is to swap in a new $70-$99 part
3) How does the BlueTooth Sound to the people you call? Do they complain at all about noise, or that they can not here you?

Thanks
2) Pics of the HVAC Control, I guess it will come down to whether you want to spend the money or if you can live with the minute gaps that the unit leaves without the new bracket..personally, from where I sit in the car or where the passenger sits, these details really do not show up:

Last edited by mbadger; 02-04-2013 at 02:41 PM.
mbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
mbadger

Quote:
nav is great( i use igo primo 1.2),which, imho, is the best one out there.
as for bluetooth calling,well i have had no problems apart from having to speak a little louder on call,but i put that down to the location of the microphone on the unit.

I did not use a relocation bracket, just took out the sunglass holder and hvac fits just fine,or at least i can live with it ok.
I'm still on the original Sygic that it came with and it's basic/functional but convenient in certain instances. It's not "turn by street name" but rather, left, right, etc.

Haven't been bored or daring enough to do the igo primo, yet . Maybe in the spring I'll look into it, but of course our phones and google maps are so intuitive, the NAV is just a feature that's nice to have on this radio..
Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #11
mzeed

My Ride: 05 M3 ZCP no sunroof
Wow, Looks good installed at almost all angles.(except perhaps that very first picture)...and thats with a gray console. I bet with a black console and some weather stipping along the very top of the HVAC Control most people can save the money by not buying the relocation bracket, I doubt its noticeable at all while driving
mzeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #12
mbadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzeed View Post
Wow, Looks good installed at almost all angles.(except perhaps that very first picture)...and thats with a gray console. I bet with a black console and some weather stipping along the very top of the HVAC Control most people can save the money by not buying the relocation bracket, I doubt its noticeable at all while driving
Thx, your right not noticeable at all while driving. 1st pic is the camera at eye level with shifter , totally unnatural angle that otherwise you would never be in a position to see. It's my first time even seeing the small gaps ...
Old 02-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #13
Mircea's M3

My Ride: Bmw M3 2001
does your phone connect to the blue-tooth automatically? or do you have to do it each time you get in the car?
Mircea's M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #14
asdetail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea's M3 View Post
does your phone connect to the blue-tooth automatically? or do you have to do it each time you get in the car?
mine connects automatically every time
Old 02-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #15
Mircea's M3

Cool thanks
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #16
pawelgawel

My Ride: 330CI
might be stupid question, do you need to connect to your phone for gps capability?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Bimmer App
pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #17
Mircea's M3

no it comes with a sd card that i believe has the maps on it which you plug into it.
I wonder if you can connect your phone and use the phones gps tho
Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #18
pawelgawel

My Ride: 330CI
is it possible to install garmin on this? or is limited to certain programs?

pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:47 AM   #19
asdetail

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelgawel View Post
is it possible to install garmin on this? or is limited to certain programs?

in theory,yes,but i have not been able to get win ce garmin to run successfully,apparently it does not play well with wince6 only 5
Old 02-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #20
mbadger

Quote:
mine connects automatically every time
Sorry guys, been busy and haven't checked in for a while, yes Bluetooth connection is automatic.