E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
gwm1959

My Ride: '04 Avus Blue M3 Con
2004 Avus Blue Convertible $28,500 OBO

Asking price $28,500 OBO. Serious offers only !!

Like New 2004 BMW M3 Convertible With
Rare Paint Option "Avus Blue", Factory Hardtop, SMG, LOW LOW Miles !!

Here is a one-of-a-kind "like new" Avus Blue M3 convertible that you will not find anywhere else.  Not only did it come from the German factory in the ultra rare special color of Avus Blue, which was a $2000 extra cost special paint option, but it was also equipped with the rarely seen $2295 hardtop option. Add to this the black leather interior and black convertible softtop and you have one drop dead gorgeous rare car which is like having three different cars in one. You can have no top, a softtop or a hardtop !! Not only does this car feature ultra low mileage at 37,020 miles (I love to drive this car), the majority of those gently driven miles were only added since July 2011 when I purchased the car with approximately 12,000 miles on the odometer. The original owner traded the car in on a purchase from the Porche dealer in Omaha Nebraska.

The original MSRP on this car was $65,490. Additional options include Heated Front Seats, Park Distance Control, Rain Sensor, Xenon Headlights and the $2400 Sequential Manual/Automatic Gearbox with paddle shift levers.  This M3 features the 333 HP 3.2L
(195) DOHC 24-valve I6 engine, CD player and 18 inch wheels. Motorweek says this car will turn the quarter mile in mid 13 second range.

The black interior in this car is still like new. Please excuse my poor photos of the back seat area where the contrast and hue are messed up. There is a small rub mark on the driver seat back bolster from the original owner sliding in and out of the driver’s seats. There is a quarter size area of concentrated scratches on the console where the original owner’s ring may have rubbed when reaching for the emergency brake handle. I replaced all four factory floor mats with new factory floor mats because the Velcro hold downs were tearing the mats backing material.

The exterior condition of this car is phenomenal for its age. There are a few paint chips on the front of the car that have been touched up in Avus Blue. I ordered a front cover for the car in spring 2012 and it has been on the car continuously since. There are a few random fine scratches on the exterior of the car, some of which may be minor enough to be buffed out. The majority of the cosmetic issues on this cars paint really have to be looked for in direct sunlight to even be seen. The rear drivers side wheel has a small paint scrape. The photos say it all about the condition of this rare M3 convertible.

The Porche dealer in Omaha had replaced the front brake pads at approximately 12,000 miles. I replaced the non-original battery in the truck with a new BMW OEM battery so the proper battery hold downs could be utilized. Front tires are 225/45ZR -18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport XL and rear tires are 255/40ZR -18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport XL. I replaced the full set of four tires upon purchase and then again replaced the rears about 9,000 miles ago. Front tires have about 40 % left, rear left about 40%, rear right 10%. I do not know why the rear right tire has more wear other than I must make mostly right turns like the UPS man. This car consistently gets 22 and 24 mpg on the highway. I have personally changed the synthetic oil/filter every 5,000 miles since its purchase. Car has a new OEM air filter. The A/C Freon was a little low this spring so the system was evacuated and recharged via the weight method. This is probably the first time the Freon was ever touched on this vehicle.

If you search the internet you will see how rare any 2000+ BMW in Avus Blue is to locate. Many BMW forums talk about the possibility of one existing and here it is. I have included photos of the paint code label from under the hood that proves it is a factory Special Paint option car as well as a photo of the original MSRP sticker (which I never received the hard copy from the Porche dealer in Omaha after many tries) showing that option as well as the factory hardtop option.

Car drives better than it looks. Still has the original windshield with the warning sticker on the driver's side. I have decided to sell this beauty as I worry about it too much when I go somewhere. I only take it on day trips and do not go anywhere with it that requires an overnight stay at a motel/hotel for fear of something happening to it. There are no leaks under this beautiful car !! The car will need to have it's 30,000 plus miles valve adjustment done soon. Car has been garage kept since new. No evidence that the car has ever been smoked in. Smells and drives like a new car.

Please Note: This vehicle does have a lien to Wells Fargo Dealer Services. Entire sales proceeds can be wired directly to Wells Fargo Dealer Services. I have their routing info. They will issue a lien release document to me and a check for the remaining balance after the lien has been paid. I will hand carry the lien release document to the State DMV to get the paper title. By doing so I can save 7 to 10 days of processing time. I have to sign off on the paper title no matter what so this is the most efficient process to get the paper title in hand to transfer it to the new owner. Wells Fargo Dealer Services said it takes about 4 days for payment to clear and about 3 days to issue the lien release documents and any check for the remaining balance.

As an added bonus I will include $1200 worth of free extras with this car including a new front end cover (bra), new car cover, new hardtop cover, new hardtop dolly, new OEM windscreen, new OEM air filter in the box, two new OEM oil filters and enough OEM synthetic oil (12 quarts at least) for two more oil changes. All these items were purchased new by me after I purchased the car.

Email me any questions at gwm1959@gmail.com

gwm1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.