E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 05:32 PM   #61
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
No one....at least no one directly. I was merely making a statement that while this might be a black problem now, to get all holier than thou is a bit misplaced since ever race has their violence issues.

In any event, I asked this before, but what is the solution? Mandating personal responsibility won't work.
Fair enough. What race in the US has been on a decline socially, financially, criminally, etc like the blacks have? Again, if you are going try and solve an actual problem, be honest about it.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #62
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 561
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Maybe if you can post using proper grammar you can make comments about me...until then
Look, Sgt Sh1thead from the grammar police is on duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
You don't have to be an expert to read statistics. I'm sorry you feel threatened, but maybe a little honesty would do everyone some good.
Perhaps some of you could benefit from being an expert. Because some of you sure as hell don't know how to interpret stats and simply draw your own conclusions.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #63
phrozen06
Banned User
 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 39°27'33"N 77°58'04"W
Posts: 7,535
My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
You don't have to be an expert to read statistics. I'm sorry you feel threatened, but maybe a little honesty would do everyone some good.
If I felt threatened I would use STAND YOUR GROUND.

Last edited by phrozen06; 01-31-2013 at 05:40 PM.
phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:40 PM   #64
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 820
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Fair enough. What race in the US has been on a decline socially, financially, criminally, etc like the blacks have? Again, if you are going try and solve an actual problem, be honest about it.
Any backup for the various declines? Honest question.

I'm researching now and so far have found that AA's average household income has been on a steady climb since 1965 and holding pace with other demographics. Also, homicides by race have dropped pretty dramatically for AA's since the 70's.

While these are only snapshots of the greater picture, it's what I've found in 10 minutes of esearch.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #65
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Any backup for the various declines? Honest question.

I'm researching now and so far have found that AA's average household income has been on a steady climb since 1965 and holding pace with other demographics. Also, homicides by race have dropped pretty dramatically for AA's since the 70's.

While these are only snapshots of the greater picture, it's what I've found in 10 minutes of esearch.
Not really able to do decent research on my phone, but off the top of my head, highest unemployment of any minority, largest inmate population, largest out of wedlock birthrate, and generally areas (cities) with dense populations of African Americans are regarded as dangerous cities.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #66
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,529
My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Not really able to do decent research on my phone, but off the top of my head, highest unemployment of any minority, largest inmate population, largest out of wedlock birthrate, and generally areas (cities) with dense populations of African Americans are regarded as dangerous cities.


From the NAACP's website:
  • African Americans now constitute nearly 1 million of the total 2.3 million incarcerated population
  • African Americans are incarcerated at nearly six times the rate of whites
  • Together, African American and Hispanics comprised 58% of all prisoners in 2008, even though African Americans and Hispanics make up approximately one quarter of the US population
  • According to Unlocking America, if African American and Hispanics were incarcerated at the same rates of whites, today's prison and jail populations would decline by approximately 50%
  • One in six black men had been incarcerated as of 2001. If current trends continue, one in three black males born today can expect to spend time in prison during his lifetime
  • 1 in 100 African American women are in prison
  • Nationwide, African-Americans represent 26% of juvenile arrests, 44% of youth who are detained, 46% of the youth who are judicially waived to criminal court, and 58% of the youth admitted to state prisons (Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice).
__________________
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #67
Swish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 285
My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Maybe if you can post using proper grammar you can make comments about me...until then
I don't have time for that... I'm at work, trying to change the myth that we're all lazy welfare recipients!
__________________

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #68
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish View Post
I don't have time for that... I'm at work, trying to change the myth that we're all lazy welfare recipients!
No one here said anything of the sort.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #69
Swish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 285
My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
No one here said anything of the sort.
Was just a dig at AoG... At the end of the day, I respect AoG, just disagree with some of his (and your) views. I would rather see it as a national problem that needs a national solution! Some would rather point fingers. So, what's the solution to the black people in the ghetto shooting each other up?
__________________

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #70
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Part of the solution is identifying the problem. If you had a brother or sister with a drug problem would you call them out on it? Part of caring about someone is also dealing them the harsh truth sometimes. Also that sibling's drug problem is their problem first and foremost.. And a family problem second
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:25 PM   #71
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,027
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
The problem isn't blacks as a race. The problem is the "black culture" in the USA that, as a generality, frowns upon success, education, hard work, and the typical core values that made america great. I'm convinced that this results from the animosity held towards "the system" that has passed down from generation to generation. How many Irish do you see complaining about their inability to get work in the cities as a result of pure discrimination? How many Jews do you see harboring resentment towards Germans? Jews towards Egyptians? Irish towards English? There have been crummy predicaments throughout the last 500 years.. and everyone has been impacted. But to sit around and simply hold contempt at the very roads OUT of that misery (education, hard work, employment) is to embrace your own failures and shortcomings.

We have a black president, blacks hold powerful business positions... and yet, what is going to be the answer to almost EVERY black child when you ask what they want to be when they grow up? An entertainer or athlete... and why? Because they aren't being given proper values.

Look at AFRICANS in america... not blacks but AFRICANS.. first or second generation. They work hard, save up, and are prosperous. They appreciate all the riches and greatness of the US. Now look at "blacks" in the ghettos.. they complain about x, y, and z. It's not the white man.. it's their own self-inflicted misery that enslaves them and results in this violence.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #72
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Sorry on phone... Not calling someone out on their drug problem is doing the abuser a disservice. We call that enabling. In America we feel so bad about past wrongs that we now enable because we're scared of being labeled
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:33 PM   #73
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish View Post
Was just a dig at AoG... At the end of the day, I respect AoG, just disagree with some of his (and your) views. I would rather see it as a national problem that needs a national solution! Some would rather point fingers. So, what's the solution to the black people in the ghetto shooting each other up?
Listen, obviously it's a national problem, it's within the borders. However, calling the problems in the black communities an "american problem" is simply being dishonest with oneself (with the nation really) and like I said...it may sound "feel-good" but it wont solve the problem, since the core of the problem is not called out head on. I don't know why however. I guess most are afraid of the backlash, the media, etc etc. Even Obama himself recognized the "problem" in Chicago, but he never used the world "black" like he should have. Alan Keys has, and look where he is.

The solution isn't to have anyone shoot anyone. The solution is first, to identify the problem. The black community leaders should PUBLICALLY shame those in question. The deadbeat dads, the moms having 15 kids. Shame them to no end. Make it unpopular to speak like a deadbeat (there is no reason to say aks). Have celebrities deliver the same message. Don't make it cool to gangbang and sling crack rock in your rap videos. Stop calling women hoes. Cut entitlements, etc. This will take over 50 years to achieve, as this generation, and probably the next is already doomed to the same cycle. Hold criminals accountable. Make prisons worse, and longer sentences. Reform the prison system so it starts becoming a method of actual rehabilitation, not just a tax sapping revolving door. There are a million things to do, but Washington and the media just keep harping about stupid god damn assault weapons.
__________________

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 01-31-2013 at 06:40 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 PM   #74
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
The problem isn't blacks as a race. The problem is the "black culture" in the USA that, as a generality, frowns upon success, education, hard work, and the typical core values that made america great. I'm convinced that this results from the animosity held towards "the system" that has passed down from generation to generation. How many Irish do you see complaining about their inability to get work in the cities as a result of pure discrimination? How many Jews do you see harboring resentment towards Germans? Jews towards Egyptians? Irish towards English? There have been crummy predicaments throughout the last 500 years.. and everyone has been impacted. But to sit around and simply hold contempt at the very roads OUT of that misery (education, hard work, employment) is to embrace your own failures and shortcomings.

We have a black president, blacks hold powerful business positions... and yet, what is going to be the answer to almost EVERY black child when you ask what they want to be when they grow up? An entertainer or athlete... and why? Because they aren't being given proper values.

Look at AFRICANS in america... not blacks but AFRICANS.. first or second generation. They work hard, save up, and are prosperous. They appreciate all the riches and greatness of the US. Now look at "blacks" in the ghettos.. they complain about x, y, and z. It's not the white man.. it's their own self-inflicted misery that enslaves them and results in this violence.
I said this in another thread. It is NOT about blacks as a race. There is a reason why black immigrants HATE American blacks. If it more specifically, American blacks, which isn't so much as a race as they are a culture.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #75
Swish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 285
My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Listen, obviously it's a national problem, it's within the borders. However, calling the problems in the black communities an "american problem" is simply being dishonest with oneself (with the nation really) and like I said...it may sound "feel-good" but it wont solve the problem, since the core of the problem is not called out head on. I don't know why however. I guess most are afraid of the backlash, the media, etc etc. Even Obama himself recognized the "problem" in Chicago, but he never used the world "black" like he should have. Alan Keys has, and look where he is.

The solution isn't to have anyone shoot anyone. The solution is first, to identify the problem. The black community leaders should PUBLICALLY shame those in question. The deadbeat dads, the moms having 15 kids. Shame them to no end. Make it unpopular to speak like a deadbeat (there is no reason to say aks). Have celebrities deliver the same message. Don't make it cool to gangbang and sling crack rock in your rap videos. Stop calling women hoes. Cut entitlements, etc. This will take over 50 years to achieve, as this generation, and probably the next is already doomed to the same cycle. Hold criminals accountable. Make prisons worse, and longer sentences. Reform the prison system so it starts becoming a method of actual rehabilitation, not just a tax sapping revolving door. There are a million things to do, but Washington and the media just keep harping about stupid god damn assault weapons.
Easy to say... Problem is White America is buying this "lifestyle" up quicker than the black community. Rap sales aren't making record numbers in the black community, it's whit suburbia that's buying that lifestyle.

Edit: Blacks aren't the only ones glamorizing the lifestyle you speak about above... Do you think we can come together as Americans and maybe stop being enablers (full circle my friend)!
__________________

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"

Last edited by Swish; 01-31-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #76
phrozen06
Banned User
 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 39°27'33"N 77°58'04"W
Posts: 7,535
My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Would we be discussing this if the teen that was shot was white? BTW Chase. You don't seem to like the AFRICAN that's in the WHITE house. Didnt that African work hard too?

Last edited by phrozen06; 01-31-2013 at 09:10 PM.
phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 PM   #77
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cornwallis had his final ass kicking
Posts: 4,892
My Ride: E46 M3
holy sheet my thread...
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick View Post

Had to turn off the TV... Fox was making more sense than anyone else.

The rest of the world must be laughing at us now. It is so bad slipping to third world status...
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #78
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
lol @ reporting posts in this thread
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #79
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,117
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
You clown... Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation. And look where it has gotten them.

In the 80's DC was the gun crime capital of the nation... and they were one of the few places in the nation that banned ALL firearms.

How can people be dumb enough to believe that criminals will abide stricter gun laws
For the most part, I'm against the new gun legislation coming down from the idiot.

But no one can deny what NYC's gun law did. You carry a gun in the boroughs, you get 2 years at Rikers. Numbers don't lie.
__________________
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #80
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,117
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
The problem isn't blacks as a race. The problem is the "black culture" in the USA that, as a generality, frowns upon success, education, hard work, and the typical core values that made america great. I'm convinced that this results from the animosity held towards "the system" that has passed down from generation to generation. How many Irish do you see complaining about their inability to get work in the cities as a result of pure discrimination? How many Jews do you see harboring resentment towards Germans? Jews towards Egyptians? Irish towards English? There have been crummy predicaments throughout the last 500 years.. and everyone has been impacted. But to sit around and simply hold contempt at the very roads OUT of that misery (education, hard work, employment) is to embrace your own failures and shortcomings.

We have a black president, blacks hold powerful business positions... and yet, what is going to be the answer to almost EVERY black child when you ask what they want to be when they grow up? An entertainer or athlete... and why? Because they aren't being given proper values.

Look at AFRICANS in america... not blacks but AFRICANS.. first or second generation. They work hard, save up, and are prosperous. They appreciate all the riches and greatness of the US. Now look at "blacks" in the ghettos.. they complain about x, y, and z. It's not the white man.. it's their own self-inflicted misery that enslaves them and results in this violence.
I disagree. It's an ideal of liberals, not just african americans.
__________________
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use