E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #21
jgs99v

My Ride: E46 328I
Not to be rude, but I'd just like to make a comment:
The oil leak will not appear on the garage floor, but if driving continues - the back of the engine case and tranny, and all the compenents downstream will be soaked
So yeap valve cover, oil filter housing, sump pan - all gaskets kind of costly, and good luck finding a place to steam clean all the gunk off.
But yea I was thinking of selling mine, but locally I'd be lucky to get 4K in the SFbay area, and I have all the really good stuff, setup.
So I'm going to track this posting just for my own edification, if others in the Bay area or central valley can comment that would be great to set my expectations when it comes time.

Thanks for your time
jgs99v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #22
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
I've looked into the oil seepage. I'm 99% positive it's the oil filter housing gasket. It still does not drop oil level at all between changes so its simply a seepage. But I will be getting it fixed at some point. I'm kinda a perfectionist when it comes to this car so things like this get fixed whether they present a true problem or not.
And yeah I don't disagree with you guys on the price. However I priced it slightly lower than what it's actually worth to me. The amount of maintenance I have into this car is amazing. It's almost a new car and it shows.
I REALLY like this car so if no one makes a close offer anytime soon, I won't be sad in the least bit. If someone does, I'll buy an m3.
It's a win win either way.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Last edited by peytonracer4; 01-12-2013 at 10:12 PM.
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #23
peytonracer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgs99v View Post
Not to be rude, but I'd just like to make a comment:
The oil leak will not appear on the garage floor, but if driving continues - the back of the engine case and tranny, and all the compenents downstream will be soaked
So yeap valve cover, oil filter housing, sump pan - all gaskets kind of costly, and good luck finding a place to steam clean all the gunk off.
But yea I was thinking of selling mine, but locally I'd be lucky to get 4K in the SFbay area, and I have all the really good stuff, setup.
So I'm going to track this posting just for my own edification, if others in the Bay area or central valley can comment that would be great to set my expectations when it comes time.

Thanks for your time
Should cost me around $10 to replace the oil filter housing gasket. So pretty cheap.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #24
2000beamer

My Ride: 2000 323i
Gorgeous car! I have a 2000 323i
Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #25
Blocked Out

My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
I gotta pitch in on this.

^^^ this is how I felt when I saw the asking price.

Thinking that you will get even half of what you put in the car (mods and maintenance) is beyond ridiculous.

Unless you lower the price to 6k, you will be driving your car forever

====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #26
peytonracer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked Out View Post
I gotta pitch in on this.

^^^ this is how I felt when I saw the asking price.

Thinking that you will get even half of what you put in the car (mods and maintenance) is beyond ridiculous.

Unless you lower the price to 6k, you will be driving your car forever
Sorry but around here $6k will get you a ford focus or some pos Camry.
If someone bought my car for $6k I'd call the police on them for stealing my car.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #27
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
FWIW OP: If I was in need of a new car I'd consider give you $9-$10k for yours. I understand the value of things you have done, even though they are hardly ever reflected in the selling price.

To me it has what an E46 needs. It's clean, well maintained, is a stick, has the sport package, and is new enough to have DSC.

"All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #28
peytonracer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
FWIW OP: If I was in need of a new car I'd consider give you $9-$10k for yours. I understand the value of things you have done, even though they are hardly ever reflected in the selling price.

To me it has what an E46 needs. It's clean, well maintained, is a stick, has the sport package, and is new enough to have DSC.
Service records and good maintenance are big in my book. Ill pay a premium for a car that has full records.
$10k would not be a bad offer to me.
Like I said, I love this car and if no one wants to buy it for what it's worth to me, then all the better cause I get to keep an awesome car.

Last edited by peytonracer4; 01-21-2013 at 07:10 PM.
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #29
DrkSide_RbL

My Ride: 99' 328i Sport Sedan
Send a message via AIM to DrkSide_RbL
super clean car. I give my car the same attention when it comes to maintenance. Resale value is definitely one reason why its so hard for me to sell mine. I don't like the price that our cars are worth in the market but what can I say...that's depreciation for yah! Goodluck with your sale if you do end up selling it. This car is one worth buying.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #30
aahmed2016

My Ride: 2003 330i ZSP/CP/PP
You put an MtechII rear bumper on a non zhp? Or did you put a Standard bumper on a ZHP? :trippy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
Spends $2000 on car DVD + stereo -> Running 25000 mile oil changes and 87 gas with blown shocks
aahmed2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #31
peytonracer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahmed2016 View Post
You put an MtechII rear bumper on a non zhp? Or did you put a Standard bumper on a ZHP? :trippy:
They didn't make the zhp till like '04 so no it's not a zhp. I put a genuine bmw bumper on it. I like the way it looks.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 PM   #32
aahmed2016

My Ride: 2003 330i ZSP/CP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
They didn't make the zhp till like '04 so no it's not a zhp. I put a genuine bmw bumper on it. I like the way it looks.
Oh yeah i feel you, I want to do that, but MtechII rears are mad expensive! How much did it cost in total, like after paint and everything- if you don't mind me asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
Spends $2000 on car DVD + stereo -> Running 25000 mile oil changes and 87 gas with blown shocks
aahmed2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #33
peytonracer4

I think it was somewhere around $950. Got it painted by the same shop that my bmw dealer uses for new cars that get damaged on the lot so it was a quality job.
I also had them instal it because the bumper are notorious for the bolts stripping and I didn't want to deal with it.
So you might be able to get paint/instal cheaper.
Bumper was around $500 from bmw
Old 01-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #34
peytonracer4

And I actually did it because my original bumper had a small blemish from contact with something. So I just upgraded
Old 02-01-2013, 03:28 AM   #35
EverydayGetaway

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Bump because I just noticed this in your sig... lol. Also, I might be making a similar thread in the near future...
Old 02-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #36
gferrer

My Ride: '91 318is/ '03 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Sorry but around here $6k will get you a ford focus or some pos Camry.
If someone bought my car for $6k I'd call the police on them for stealing my car.

that sucks.. I'm sorry GLWS!
Heck yea more e30 owners on here!

Last edited by gferrer; 02-13-2013 at 12:32 AM.
gferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #37
combsatl

My Ride: 2000 BMW 328ci
Sounds like this is one of those cases where the item for sale is worth more to the owner than anyone will be wiling to pay.

For what it's worth, in October I picked up a 2000 328ci, records and what not for $4750. Yesterday I was rear-ended so I'm pretty upset.

GLWS.

Last edited by combsatl; 02-25-2013 at 10:58 PM.
combsatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:10 AM   #38
///BeckeR

My Ride: 03 TiAg 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by combsatl View Post
Sounds like this is one of those cases where the item for sale is worth more to the owner than anyone will be wiling to pay.
GLWS.
This is what happened to me. My ZHP is worth a hell of a lot more to me than the 10k people were offering.

You need to find a buyer that will appreciate your work and care for the car, then they will pay a premium. I can buy sh*tty e46s all day long for 5k but I'd much rather spend a few K extra to get one that was cared for.

Just my opinion

GLWS

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
///BeckeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:52 AM   #39
peytonracer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BeckeR View Post
This is what happened to me. My ZHP is worth a hell of a lot more to me than the 10k people were offering.

You need to find a buyer that will appreciate your work and care for the car, then they will pay a premium. I can buy sh*tty e46s all day long for 5k but I'd much rather spend a few K extra to get one that was cared for.

Just my opinion

GLWS
Thanks. Yeah my 328 has been really good to me. We've had some good times. You can see it in my showroom thread. We've been through a lot. I've put a lot of blood sweat tears and money into this car to make it one of the best. I don't really want to sell it. I guess I'll just have to figure out how to get a LSB m3 in addition to this car rather than to replace this car. Lol
Old 04-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #40
trentcdrums

My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
If I'm interested in the later year and this is avavilable. I'm hitting! I'm in Illinois!

sig resized by tim330i
trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote