E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
Stankia

My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
Vice: Gun Crazy USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KNZO30lPGm4
Old 02-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #2
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Vice just isn't as good without Shane Smith. The video was decently done, although when talking about the US, seems odd they only did Florida.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Well put together, but the guy is an uneducated, naive person diving into a world he does not know.

He shuddered at the thought of how accurate a 14 year old kid could be behind an AR-15? WTF was that about?

He clearly has no idea of the legal side of things from contracts to gun laws, and took it upon himself to try and hang with everyone else. He googled a few laws, and stats and put a video together. Good for him, I just hope this message he is sending doesn't spread too far.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Oh no.... two private individuals conducting themselves in the private sale of an item in a public parking lot....

Soooooo shady.....

Make it illegal and guess what happens? Criminals will still do it, yet honest citizens will not be able to

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 02-01-2013 at 08:48 AM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
Black///M

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
At 20:29, did anyone noticed the two Montanas in the U.S.? When I do a private sale I use a bill of sale from the info on the drivers license to cover my a55.
Black///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Oh no.... two private individuals conducting themselves in the private sale of an item in a public parking lot....

Soooooo shady.....

Make it illegal and guess what happens? Criminals will still do it, yet honest citizens will not be able to
So a "law abiding" citizen conducts a private sell to a convicted felon. No problems there?
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
How do I know if you've committed a felony?

I could easily sell my car to someone with a revoked license. Not my issue.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
So a "law abiding" citizen conducts a private sell to a convicted felon. No problems there?
Are you therefore suggesting that if a law abiding citizen will not sell to a felon, the felon will not be able to procure a firearm?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #9
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
How do I know if you've committed a felony?

I could easily sell my car to someone with a revoked license. Not my issue.
dude...stfu with the stupid car bs. A person with a revoked license can own a car. A felon can't own a gun.

Glad to know that you are willing to be an enabler.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
NFRs2000nyc

The point is enforce the law on the books. The responsibility is on the buyer. If you are not allowed to own a firearm, and buy one, 15 year minimum sentence. Pretty simple.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #11
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
dude...stfu with the stupid car bs. A person with a revoked license can own a car. A felon can't own a gun.

Glad to know that you are willing to be an enabler.
Glad you're willing to revoke my right to sell private property.

What if the felon has learned his lesson and has been rehabilitated by the justice system? Isn't that the point?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #12
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
The point is enforce the law on the books. The responsibility is on the buyer. If you are not allowed to own a firearm, and buy one, 15 year minimum sentence. Pretty simple.
You are more a reactive person than a proactive. Let a felon buy a gun from a private citizen use that gun to shoot someone and then deal with the crime. Got it.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #13
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Your question conflicts itself. If a person KNOWINGLY sells a gun to a prohibited person, that person commits a crime. They are not law-abiding.
There is ALREADY a law for that

If they aren't aware the person is a prohibited person, no crime is committed by the seller

I fail to see a problem. Felon or not... once I sell a gun, knife, piece of paper to a person, what THEY do with it is NONE of my responsibility anymore than the
clerk at home depot selling someone a roll of duct tape and they go on to kidnap someone with it.

PERSONAL accountability. Geez. what a concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 02-01-2013 at 11:46 AM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #14
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Your question conflicts itself. If a person KNOWINGLY sells a gun to a prohibited person, that person commits a crime. They are not law-abiding.

If they aren't aware the person is a prohibited person, no crime is committed by the seller

I fail to see a problem. Felon or not... once I sell a gun, knife, piece of paper to a person, what THEY do with it is NONE of my responsibility anymore than the
clerk at home depot selling someone a roll of duct tape and they go on to kidnap someone with it.

PERSONAL accountability. Geez. what a concept
How do you know who you are selling it to? That is part of the point. I suppose you can ask, right? Criminals commit crimes they don't lie.

You are right personal accountability. You should do the responsible thing and know who you sell your sh1t to.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
NOVAbimmer

Maybe we should brand a big "F" on the foreheads of all felons. Background checks no longer needed!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #16
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
You are more a reactive person than a proactive. Let a felon buy a gun from a private citizen use that gun to shoot someone and then deal with the crime. Got it.
Actually our entire gun law system is reactive. Proactive laws would be like pre-crime in minority report. Like I said, it is already against the law for a felon to possess a firearm. Generally speaking though, felons dont usually obey these laws.

I will agree with you on one thing....with one catch....the government should provide a service where a private person CAN check up on someone if they wish, and that check is 100% free. Basically, a NICS check that is free that any private person CAN (not MUST) call in, and verify some info. I would have no problem with this.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-01-2013 at 11:54 AM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #17
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Maybe we should brand a big "F" on the foreheads of all felons. Background checks no longer needed!
Why not? People have called for databases against people with mental illnesses. Stigmatize one group of people what's wrong with stigmatizing another?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #18
badfast

Quote:
Actually our entire gun law system is reactive. Proactive laws would be like pre-crime in minority report. Like I said, it is already against the law for a felon to possess a firearm. Generally speaking though, felons dont usually obey these laws.
You're stupid. Go back to watching your B rated movies. You are an individual not worth discussing anything with. Because you do the same thing, sit there with your eyes crossed and your tongue stuck to a window.

Last edited by badfast; 02-01-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #19
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
You're stupid. Go back to watching your B rated movies. You are an individual not worth discussing anything with. Because you do the same thing, sit there with your eyes crossed and your tongue stuck to a window.
It's hard to discuss something when so many jimmies are rustled. Maybe if you knew anything about firearms, or law, we can have something goin here...
Old 02-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #20
badfast

Quote:
It's hard to discuss something when so many jimmies are rustled. Maybe if you knew anything about firearms, or law, we can have something goin here...
you are the most frivolous person here.