E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #241
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I don't really know if there's much difference between you guys personally.
Its hard to compare between the videos angles and what not, but sollys just seem so much more controlled in the early going... maybe I'm crazy.

I think the fact chase is 4-5" taller and has the same ROM demonstrates it?

Its fun to critique :}
Old 02-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #242
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Its hard to compare between the videos angles and what not, but sollys just seem so much more controlled in the early going... maybe I'm crazy.

I think the fact chase is 4-5" taller and has the same ROM demonstrates it?

Its fun to critique :}
Neither are doing full-range/lock pull-ups (..with the exception of the few that DylloS performed from a dead hang). Plus, Chase remains fairly straight/erect during his reps and doesn't kick/thrust. It's a wash really.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 02-01-2013 at 01:36 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #243
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
I honestly think I can do at least 100. This will be very painful though.
Are you going to do it. I don't think there's anything I can do non stop for 100 reps lol.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #244
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I don't really know if there's much difference between you guys personally.
It's not too much different but there is definitely a noticeable difference I think. Play them at the same time and. If I had a side angle you'd see it. His elbows are bent way out in front and I'm more underneath.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #245
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
It's not too much different but there is definitely a noticeable difference I think. Play them at the same time and. If I had a side angle you'd see it. His elbows are bent way out in front and I'm more underneath.
You're elbows SHOULD be bent out if you're doing it properly... if your elbows are coming underneath, you're hands are too close together and you're doing more of a chin-up with your palms facing out. If your goal is to target the lats and build a V, your elbows need to go out.

Neither of us have great form.. and with your legs flailing about, I think it's safe to say that you have little room to critique my form. Leave that job to M3I6 who clearly wrecks both of us. In fact, I think it's safe to say that it would be best if ALL left critique to him. Jabs at one another is just worthless.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 02-01-2013 at 01:48 PM.
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #246
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
You're elbows SHOULD be bent out if you're doing it properly... if your elbows are coming underneath, you're hands are too close together and you're doing more of a chin-up with your palms facing out. If your goal is to target the lats and build a V, your elbows need to go out.

Neither of us have great form.. and with your legs flailing about, I think it's safe to say that you have little room to critique my form. Leave that job to M3I6 who clearly wrecks both of us. In fact, I think it's safe to say that it would be best if ALL left critique to him. Jabs at one another is just worthless.
I don't want that job. LOL! I'm here to learn just like everybody else. Sure, I learn from some of the heavy hitters here (..and some of you guys learn from me), but I'm really no better than you guys are. I'm just a more experienced/technical lifter. I've also been heavy lifting for 6 years though, and I'm a Capoeira guy. I know the latter doesn't really seem relevant, but where body mastery is concerned, that has changed my world.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 02-01-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #247
dabears

Nobodies jabbing chase, just pointing out some of the inconsistencies with your form

Once I have a video I would expect nothing less myself
Old 02-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #248
DylloS

Quote:

the difference between you and me is I admit my break down in form. You justify why you continue to do things wrong.

"Here's mine. I got 11 with some kicks lol"
Old 02-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #249
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
the difference between you and me is I admit my break down in form. You justify why you continue to do things wrong.

I never said my form was great. I certainly didn't resort to kicking nor was I shaking or using additional momentum. Did I go down to a dead hang? No.. but neither has almost anyone on here with the exception of M6I3. And yet, the comments towards me have been FAR harsher than others.. And despite all that, I've turned around and congratulated everyone on their efforts and progress.

There's no justifying here.. just asking to lay off the harsh comments. There is NO WAY you can look back on the comments made in this or the push ups thread and claim that they were fair, level headed, or remotely respectful. And that's just not cool.

So let's all be adults and encourage one another.. that's not too much to ask

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Old 02-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #250
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:

That is true! You did state your number with a disclaimer.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 02-01-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #251
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
that's pretty good. Mine weren't fresh either. Maybe next time I'll try for it fresh so I can hit a PR.

Would you be down for a max rep 95lb back squat comp? Thinking of starting it on Monday.
I feel like i could do decent on that, but then not be able to walk for a day or 2...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Trashcan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #252
DylloS

Quote:
I never said my form was great. I certainly didn't resort to kicking nor was I shaking or using additional momentum. Did I go down to a dead hang? No.. but neither has almost anyone on here with the exception of M6I3. And yet, the comments towards me have been FAR harsher than others.. And despite all that, I've turned around and congratulated everyone on their efforts and progress.

There's no justifying here.. just asking to lay off the harsh comments. There is NO WAY you can look back on the comments made in this or the push ups thread and claim that they were fair, level headed, or remotely respectful. And that's just not cool.

So let's all be adults and encourage one another.. that's not too much to ask
You're not getting it though dude. You are the only one justifying why you do something and stating why you can't do something or why what you're doing is more impressive. Every time we have a thread like this it's about how long you're fuucking arms are. We get it. Do less reps then. I admitted my form wasn't that great. Be a little more humble and accepting of criticism without always giving us a reason why you do things the way you do. Next time I do pull ups I will go as deep as I did my last few reps and not kick my legs like an assh0le.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
I feel like i could do decent on that, but then not be able to walk for a day or 2...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Good lol.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #253
dabears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
thats what she said
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #254
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

We should just come up with the E46 exercise competition... try to hammer out a whole slew of them in one gym visit :

- Max pullups
- Max dips
- Max squats with 95 lbs
- Most push ups
- etc etc

Old 02-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #255
DylloS

Quote:
We should just come up with the E46 exercise competition... try to hammer out a whole slew of them in one gym visit :

- Max pullups
- Max dips
- Max squats with 95 lbs
- Most push ups
- etc etc
I'd rather not do them all one time. I plan on adding 75lb barbell push press too. I'll do these tomorrow as well. If anyone wants to get in on them that's cool.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #256
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
Quote:
It's frustrating giving advice that is so blatantly disregarded is all.

I mimicked m3inlines video (and researched into proper form as well) thanks to this thread, and got 9 wide grips after deadlifting.

Next time I workout with someone I'll get them to film me doing regular grip pullups fresh, I'm hoping for 13.
Fvcking

Part of the reason why I gradually stopped being as active on this sub-forum as I once was.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #257
dabears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post
Fvcking

Part of the reason why I gradually stopped being as active on this sub-forum as I once was.
hey for what its worth I remember in the first year or so of me starting eating better / lifting you were hands down my motivation & taught me everything I knew at the time.

Can't thank you enough
Old 02-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #258
bimmerchop

Quote:
hey for what its worth I remember in the first year or so of me starting eating better / lifting you were hands down my motivation & taught me everything I knew at the time.

Can't thank you enough
Much appreciated my dude! Seriously, it's an awesome feeling knowing that I've helped someone along the way to achieve their goals. I'm slowly starting to lurk here more often, and I've seen your recent posts... I know you're familiar with the feeling.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
Old 02-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #259
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post
Much appreciated my dude! Seriously, it's an awesome feeling knowing that I've helped someone along the way to achieve their goals. I'm slowly starting to lurk here more often, and I've seen your recent posts... I know you're familiar with the feeling.
I think for the most part everyone around here is pretty knowledgeable now. We have a good crew here that contributes.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #260
bimmerchop

Yup... Lot's of good stuff floating around here lately. Even the quality of threads is really awesome, like this one for example. Nothing like motivating each other to set and break goals.

euro.techniks