||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Rating:||Display Modes|
|01-31-2013, 08:23 PM||#1|
1985 BMW E24 635CSi Gorgeous Original 2-Owner CA Car w/ Records 635 - $12500
I want to get a feel for the level of interest on the forum. I've listed and sold several cars (BMW and non-BMW) on the forum, and I know there are BMW enthusiasts that prefer to buy unique vehicles offered from within the community rather than any old used car. I am also a BMWCCA member, and will likely post the vehicle there as well. The vehicle is located in the Los Angeles area.
I realize that this thread is a reflection of my reputation on this forum, so I will update the thread when I have any relevant new information. That being said, here is the rundown on the vehicle. I have taken detailed pics of my own and had the car inspected by the BMW dealer. Please refer closely to the pics so you know what you're buying.
Thank you for considering my all original 1985 BMW 635CSi E24 bodystyle "Shark" coupe in original Diamontschwarz metallic on black leather sport power Recaro seats with service records since purchase from original owner's estate in April of 2007. Mechanically, the car is sound, and has 170,500 true original miles. It is pulled out of a climate controlled garage and driven twice a week and serviced regularly. Everything the car ever needed, it got, no expense was spared. The car is in phenomenal shape for its age with none of the typical wear characteristic of these vehicles (no cracks in the dash, or rust).
Currently, the only known issue is a loose tachometer cable, so the RPMs are not registering, however the MPH and odometer are not affected so the mileage is true and speed is represented accurately. Aside from a ding in one of the kidney grills, and minor knicks from being nearly 30 years old, the car is ready for shows. Always a big hit at Cars N Coffee, as well as Bimmerfest. Please see pictures below for reference, as well as an abbreviated list of service history below.
This is not a distress sale, if I don't get what I need for the car I will gladly keep it. I am a BMWCCA member, and own multiple BMWs of different vintages. This is my second E24, and without question one of the best BMWs ever made.
The paint is original, and is shiny and magnificent. The body is very straight and has never had any body work. The car has a couple of minor door dings, and some rock chips on the front bumper and hood. Overall VERY clean, and the paint is shiny. Interior is like new, and only shows minor wear where the driver enters and ingress/egress scratches on rear of driver's seat. Aside from that, the car is very clean for its age. The leather is supple and has no significant cracking or drying.The dashboard has zero cracks. The headliner is original sags a bit around the sunroof.
The specifications are listed below. Please feel free to email any questions, or if you'd like more pics. I believe in full disclosure, so if you need to know something you feel I haven't covered, please don't hesitate to ask. All of these pictures were taken by me in January, 2013.
Keep in mind, this is a used car, and is being sold as-is without any warranty beyond the factory issued warranty. I am not a dealer. Vehicle is in perfect running condition, and there are no malfunctions that I am aware of beyond what has been disclosed here. If you are seriously interested, I will be happy to meet with you to show you the car.
• Original In Service Date: September 24th, 1985
• Legendary 3.5L Inline-6 Engine 215HP, 224lb-ft TQ - 4spd O/D Automatic Transmission
• Original Paint - Color Code: 181 Diamontschwartz (Diamond Black Metallic) with 0203 Black Leather Interior
• I am the Second Owner (First family owner sold to me in April, 2007 at 165,275 Miles)
• Stored in Climate Controlled Garage - Never Driven in Rain
• Southern California Car Since New (Alhambra, Sherman Oaks, Santa Monica)
• Original blue California license plates from 1985
• All Original Equipment
• 16'' Period Correct BBS Gold Mesh Wheels
• Four Brand New Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Tires
• Original Metric Wheels / TRX Tires Available to buyer
• Original Paint/Chrome/Glass
• Rare (Code 0941) Special Handling Package from Factory
• Maintained Regularly at Dealership or Reputable Independent Shop with Relationship
• Averages 24 MPG
• Power windows
• Original BMW AM/FM/Cassette Stereo
• Runs and Drives Like a Dream - Fantastic at Highway speeds, Mountain Roads or City Streets
• Reliable - I would drive this car across the country without thinking twice
• No Problems/Concerns - Everything Works as it should (One Exception: Tachometer Cable Loose/Disconnected)
• Recent Smog Certificate
• All Maintenance Up-to-date
April 28th, 2012 - Mileage 169,739 - Westside German (Santa Monica, CA)
- Replaced All Drive Belts
- Replaced Center Link, L and R Tie Rods
- Four Wheel Alignment
- Complete Transmission Flush/Fluid Exchange
- Replace Transmission Hose
- Service Vehicle - Check/Replace Fluids/Air Filters
December 28th, 2011 - Mileage 169,428 - O'Reilly Auto Parts (Santa Monica, CA)
- Brand New O'Reilly Auto Parts Battery w/ 3 Year Warranty
June 4th, 2011 - Mileage 169,256 - Stokes Tires (Santa Monica, CA)
- Four Brand New Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Tires
October 27th, 2010 - Mileage 169,068 - Westside German (Santa Monica, CA)
- Safety Inspection
- Check/Replace Fluids/Filters
- Lubricate Power Antenna
- Service/Replace Mass Air Flow Sensor
- Check for Battery Drain - Remove Aftermarket Alarm Completely
August 29th, 2009 - Mileage 168,330 - Santa Monica BMW (Santa Monica, CA)
- Oil Service and Vehicle Diagnostic at Santa Monica BMW
- Oil and Filter Change
July 21st, 2008 - Mileage 167,643 - NoNo's 76 (Santa Monica, CA)
- Smog Check / Passing Certificate
May 16th, 2008 - Mileage 167,434 - German Independent (Los Angeles, CA)
- Complete Vehicle Service/Diagnostic
- Oil Change/Filter
- Air Cleaner Element
April 9th, 2007 - Mileage 165,272 - Center BMW (Sherman Oaks, CA)
- Vehicle History Report
- Vehicle Diagnostic/Condition Report
- Distributor Cap
- Spark Plug Wires
- Ignition Rotors Wire Set
- Ignition Coil
Total: $ $486.94
Asking $12,500 obo
Last edited by Gucki83; 01-31-2013 at 08:24 PM.
|Ads by Google|
Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
|02-02-2013, 09:58 AM||#4|
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dirty South
My Ride: E36 M3
|02-03-2013, 01:32 PM||#7|
Join Date: Aug 2006
My Ride: '99 328i 300K miles
I think it's the most beautiful bmw ever made. I wish...and I wish you good luck with sale, OP!
|02-05-2013, 05:45 PM||#8|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|