E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #101
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
OP thinks if he called the cops he would've been ticketed for disturbing the peace?! dude you're fart can isn't that loud. i promise
he was in the wrong. i'm guessing you had something illegal in your car.
troll on my friend. troll on
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #102
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
OP thinks if he called the cops he would've been ticketed for disturbing the peace?! dude you're fart can isn't that loud. i promise
he was in the wrong. i'm guessing you had something illegal in your car.
troll on my friend. troll on
Was thinking the same thing. Never ride dirty

^Driving this car makes me a homosexual
2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #103
Freddog

My Ride: 08bmw3series 2ltr
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_Image View Post
So i was visiting my moms house today and I visit her at least once every 2 weeks but on certain occasions sometimes more. Leaving the neighborhood, some redneck looking guy wearing a ravens jersey starts walking into the middle of the suburban neighborhood street (not a main road) . So at first thought, I didnt think too much of this guy at all and proceeded to drive. he gets closer and closer, does not make any hand/wave motion and keeps his arms at his waist side, nor does he say anything. Going at around 12mph he walks up to the very side of my driver door as im passing him and im thinking to myself, he is just doing one of those arrogant keep-on-walking the road to-barley-miss the rear end of the car, kind of pass. the second i fully pass him, he punches my rear windshield and ended up putting a small hairline crack at the top.

So details on my car, 330i zhp, rouge engineering exhaust. Its really not that loud of an exhaust. Background on myself, 7 years of driving and zero speeding tickets, zero accidents, not a day of wreckless driving.

Anyway, i slam on my breaks and roll my window down only to yell at this guy by asking him wtf his wrong with him. he yells back while walking towards my driver side window, saying i have an illegal exhaust. This is the continuing convo:

me - so you decide to hit my car because of that???
him - Youve been going up and down this neighborhood with that illegal exhaust all the time! (which is not true), i was trying to get you to stop but you almost ran me over, you know that!
me - well what kind of idiot walks in front of a car because of an exhaust?!
him - you know have to yield to pedestrians, you know that right!?
me- well youre an idiot for purposely walking so close to my car like that
him - (mumbling) well you have to yield to idiot-pedestrians
me- well i'll make sure i'll yield to idiot pedestrians like you next time...
him- great then, i have your tags so im going to report you to the police
me- go right ahead and do that (i didnt really care for his threat)
him - okay fine! (looking confused)
---I then immediately drove off irritated.

Basically would like to know who is at fault here?? even if my exhaust is illegal, can anything be done from a report? (if he actually does go thru with a phone call report) I dont care about reporting him as i dont want to waste the energy, time or if need be, any money, but im pissed he actually put a hairline crack in the rear windshield.

So im left with having to possibly hear him bitch again the next time i visit my mom or, I encounter him calling the police on me before i can leave the neighborhood. I really dont want to deal with this guy again but from the looks of it, i may have to put my stock exhaust back on, which i really do not want to, or feel like doing. Any advice appreciated.
--------------DONT BE AN ASS GO TO THE COPS HAVE HIM ARESTED FOR CRACKING YOUR REAR WINDOW! YOU DONT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THAT **** ' HE BROKE THE LAW BY TAKING IT IN HIS OWN HANDS ---------ASK ANY COP ?????
Freddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #104
AmazingNutz
Banned User

My Ride: carpet
Thanks freddog, now I have to scroll down a mile just to post a reply.

Sent from my G6
AmazingNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #105
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
I didn't ask you to break his limb OP. Just asked if it were a shotgun or a baseball bat on your rear windshield. Would you still walk away without calling the cops.

My reply to you was to report the incident to the police so you have grounds for getting a restraining order against him.

You talk about graduate school, I am done with grad school and doing my second masters. I've been in similar situations and have handled it calmly without touching the other person. Or even raising my voice. I just called the police and asked the guy to wait till they arrived. Later getting restraining order against the person. Now the person has to stay away from me and my fiancÚ 100 yards out. From your conversation the other guy was even wanting the police to come. It would have been easy.

It is one thing to avoid possible trouble and it is other thing to let someone walk all over you. Now imagine you have to go to your parents again and you see the same guy. How long are you going to avoid him?
Also if you had called the police, he would have got in trouble for walking on the road and got a ticket for jaywalking and destroying personal property on purpose. You would have got a fix it ticket for your exhaust if at all.
Front license plate, are you kidding me? I have had front plate tickets and I fixed it and got the ticket cancelled.
The same day when I had to call the cops on this guy, my car windows are tinted to 20%. That's illegal. I don't give a **** about a ticket if it was about the safety of myself and fiancÚ.

It's not about how big your balls are, it's about being rational and to take a right stand. Not necessary to punch him on his face. Deal with the situation with the right means.

Everyone who says he should have punched the guy, he did the right thing by not punching him but did the wrong thing by not calling the cops and just driving away.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #106
Freddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
You have more control than me. I would have took a hammer to his face.

But then again I hate that redneck self-righteous type of white people with a burning passion.
I carrie A wheel brace ( LUG WRENCH )BETWEEN DRIVERS SEAT &THE DOOR ,---------- IT IS ONE OF THE SLIDING ONE'S ( LIKE A BRITSH COP'S BATTON ) ------------------ ONE DAY I WAS LEAVING A DUAL CARRAGE WAY, AS I REDUCED SPEED GOING UP THE SLIP ROAD THIS ASS H O L E CAME UP BEHIND ME AT HIGH SPEED WEVING FROM SIDE TO SIDE BLOWING HIS HORN &FLASHING HIS LIGHT'S--------- I HELD THE CENTER OF THE ROAD WHEN I GOT NEAR THE TOP IT NARROWED TO A SINGLE LANE 'I STOPPED AND ASKED HIM WHAT THE F C K , HE WAS AT---------- HE CAME UP TOWARD'S ME WITH HIS FIST'S UP, I REACHED DOWN AND PICKED UP THE WHEELBRACE AND SHOOK IT OUT , HE NEARLY **** HIMSELF AND CLEARED OFF :
Old 02-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #107
AmazingNutz
Banned User

My Ride: carpet
I will be directing future hostilities towards freddog with his annoying obnoxious CAPS..

Sent from my G6
AmazingNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #108
Fergo

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #109
ImPulSe

My Ride: Bentley GT
ImPulSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #110
ImPulSe

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddog View Post
I carrie A wheel brace ( LUG WRENCH )BETWEEN DRIVERS SEAT &THE DOOR ,---------- IT IS ONE OF THE SLIDING ONE'S ( LIKE A BRITSH COP'S BATTON ) ------------------ ONE DAY I WAS LEAVING A DUAL CARRAGE WAY, AS I REDUCED SPEED GOING UP THE SLIP ROAD THIS ASS H O L E CAME UP BEHIND ME AT HIGH SPEED WEVING FROM SIDE TO SIDE BLOWING HIS HORN &FLASHING HIS LIGHT'S--------- I HELD THE CENTER OF THE ROAD WHEN I GOT NEAR THE TOP IT NARROWED TO A SINGLE LANE 'I STOPPED AND ASKED HIM WHAT THE F C K , HE WAS AT---------- HE CAME UP TOWARD'S ME WITH HIS FIST'S UP, I REACHED DOWN AND PICKED UP THE WHEELBRACE AND SHOOK IT OUT , HE NEARLY **** HIMSELF AND CLEARED OFF :
you are a pussy
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #111
Freddog

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Clever. Based on what I have seen from your posts in certain threads, I was being totally serious.

While I would never damage someones properties as this guy did, I'm fairly certain that you deserved it.

Have fun with the repair bill.
IF THAT BUMPER STICKER REFERED TO YOU MAYBE YOU SHOULD THUMP HIM , -- ( NOT THE POOR CAR LIKE THAT OTHER IDIOT ) I 'D TELL HIM TO GET THE STICKER OFF ?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #112
ImPulSe

thump his ass fred
Old 02-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #113
Fergo

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddog View Post
IF THAT BUMPER STICKER REFERED TO YOU MAYBE YOU SHOULD THUMP HIM , -- ( NOT THE POOR CAR LIKE THAT OTHER IDIOT ) I 'D TELL HIM TO GET THE STICKER OFF ?

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Old 02-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #114
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Aww, guys, go easy. Fred is just excited.
dont listen to these fuQ faces... just go to a junk yard and get a used complete left rear end. i cracked my left rear control arm on the highway because i was driving w/o shocks... lol! ***Was too busy caking on these bitches instead of taking care my car!***
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #115
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Or is Fred the OP.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #116
always-there

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330I
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg2247 View Post
That's called vandalism. You should've called the police right away. And lets get this straight, you are running scared because you think your exhaust is illegal (which I HIGHLY doubt it is), when some asshat clearly caused damage to your property setting you back with an expense?! And you're pissed about all this yet unwilling to do anything about it?

Either man up and call the police on this guy, or don't whine about it.
Truth.
always-there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #117
Freddog

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcoleman View Post
That kind of thing is why I carry one of these in my car:

Comes in handy if you break down, get a flat, etc at night.
ya right ------------------ NICE LAMP ----A WHEELBRACE WOULD NOT BREAK BUT EVERY ONE HAS THEIR OWN WAY OF DEALING WITH ZOMBIES :-------------------------------I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY GUY'S GIVING GOOD ADVICE 99% OF THEM :----------- IT WAS ON THE SIXTH PAGE WHEN I GOT AN E MAIL ABOUT IT : ------------------IM STARTING FROM PAGE ONE ,THATS WHY IM POSTING SO OFFTEN THE BEST ADVICE I HAVE EVER SEEN GIVEN : FRED
Old 02-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #118
always-there

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330I
! dude you're fart can isn't that loud. [/QUOTE]

Hahaha !
always-there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #119
Freddog

Thumbs Up

Quote: