E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #801
guardedandburnt

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
Just wanted to give a shout out to Jeff at J&T Distributing for all his hard work and great support!

After some initial problems and bugs to be ironed out (with Jeff's help), my D99 has been working great. While I haven't had any recent issues, Jeff keeps impressing me too. If you are going to buy one, he's the man. Thanks Jeff.
guardedandburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #802
kaboo0m

My Ride: 04 325xi
Send a message via AIM to kaboo0m
so everyoen, how's the reliability of this version on window ce platform? run into any random bugs or crashes yet?
kaboo0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #803
dayusmc

My Ride: 01 325ci & 06 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboo0m View Post
so everyoen, how's the reliability of this version on window ce platform? run into any random bugs or crashes yet?
My wife's D99 Windows works good. I do seam to have some sound quality issues with it. The speakers seem to almost cut out, but not fully some times. My D90 does not do that. I think the D90 has a better interface, the new interface just looks to much like a cell phone and kind of takes away from the OEM look that these things are suppose to have. But her D99 has not had any random bugs or crashes- Keep in mind that all my wife does with it is play music (On the Radio side) from the SD car and use the NAV...
dayusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #804
dayusmc

My Ride: 01 325ci & 06 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsears00 View Post
I'm hoping the community can help me track down a post I can't seem to find again. I've contacted Jeff and he remembers the post too, but neither of us can remember where we saw it. It's a post about how to connect the Dynavin head unit to the stock OEM GPS antenna that is under the rear parcel shelf for cars that came with OEM nav. I believe it was a single post describing how to do it and had a link to the connector that is needed to perform it. Does this ring a bell for anyone? I appreciate any help. Thanks.
I am really hoping that someone remembers this post. I want to do the same thing and hook the Dynavin to the Stock OEM GPS antenena!!! Please someone remember how to do this
dayusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #805
alirz

My Ride: E46 M3 Coupe.2003
I currently have a dice media bridge in my 2003 M3. I wanted to upgrade to a Dynavin unit mostly for the ipod and nav feature. But from it seems the ipod interface is crappy as a dice unit.For the Dynavin, from what i see in youtube vids and pics, while in ipod mode, why the whole screen being wasted with a fake cover art display and the song, artist list showing in the middle of the page.
Im sure people at dynavin are smarter than this? They make such a nice tech computer and yet fail miserably in getting the ipod UI good. I mean how hard is to either intorduce alphabet search, or a bigger scrolling area. Deal breaker for me.
alirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #806
AProudSailor

My Ride: '06 330ci ZHP (e46)
Send a message via AIM to AProudSailor Send a message via Skype™ to AProudSailor
Question

Is there a firmware upgrade coming anytime soon?

Car not for sale, driver negotiable..
AProudSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:03 AM   #807
Gully

My Ride: E46 M3
Thumbs Up

I have been using my D99 for over 6 months now and I can say that Iam very satisfied with it.
I had a few difficulties early on which Jeff helped me with but i think that most of these stemmed from me being unfamiliar with this type of unit.
I enjoy using the navigation when needed, Bluetooth is always being used for phone connectivity and for streamming music. I have a USB dongle permanently connected.
The radio quality is much better than the original and unlike many people i like the PDC and find it very useful as i often park in tight places.
I would give the D99 a good 9 out of 10.
Gully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #808
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
Anybody in dallas that can help

Sent from my VM670 using Bimmer App

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #809
Kukanuka81

My Ride: 02 E46 M3 conv.
Send a message via ICQ to Kukanuka81
Anyone in the NJ area that can help me with the Android unit?
Kukanuka81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #810
klinwart

My Ride: Audi TT mk2 coupe
sorry to jump in here, but don't know where I should be asking this question!
Can someone advise how to calibrate the D99 screen please.
Thanks in advance
klinwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #811
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
there are a couple different calibrations.....one is for the radio hardware, go to radio settings>display>press the upper right corner of the screen, follow the prompts. If the calibration is so screwed up that you cant get to that menu, select aux as the source using the hard buttons, hold down 8 on the remote.

Then there is the winCE(nav) screen calibration. Exit the nav program to get to the winCE menu (or just take the SD card out before you start the unit), go to setup>touchscreen, follow the prompts.

If its an android unit, screen calibration is in the android settings menu.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 12-27-2012 at 01:15 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #812
klinwart

Thanks Jeff, It is the Wince screen I want to calibrate, I will give it a go and let you know how I get on.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #813
klinwart

Hi Jeff, calibration all sorted thanks.
I do have another question. I have the wince hack from Petrut, if I want the 3g set up for internet do I need a USB mod on the wince side for the dongle?
Cheers
Old 01-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #814
330i dragon

My Ride: 330i 03'
DVN-E46 manual

Hey all,

New and proud E46 owner here. Just bought mine for a family x-mas gift...but it will really be most enjoyed by me

Mine came with a dynavin system and my navi is not functioning right but after some great posts on our site and some research here is a helpful link to get some manual help too.
http://www.incarnav.com/downloads/d90_user_manual.pdf

http://www.incarnav.com/dynavin_downloads

Hope this helps and pics will come soon of my 330i._nr_
330i dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #815
klinwart

is there a USB input on the GPS side of DVN-TT (D99+)?
Thanks
Old 01-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #816
330i dragon

My Ride: 330i 03'
I have a SD card on the bottom left of the unit and then in the glove box I have a USB input cable with a white flash drive attached to it. I am guessing that that is what I would need to use to update the system.

Thank you for responding and your help so far.
330i dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #817
ljmutuc

My Ride: 2006 M3 E46
Hey guys...long time follower but a new member to this forum..got a few questions regarding the dynavin d99 wince head unit i just purchased from Jeff..
i'm a mac user and it seems like naviextras only run on PC, so downloading the toolbox or any kind of update would be impossible since there is no option for mac specs..any solution or alternatives to this? the only thing i can think of is purchasing a parallel program so i can run windows on my mac..or if any of you kind folks can recommend a nav sd that works excellent on the unit.
ljmutuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #818
giggsy72

My Ride: 2001 E46 M3
Folks, I've got what some might consider some pretty basic questions, but I've scrolled through a lot of the forums and threads and have been unable to find answers so far. Hoping some of the knowledgeable people here can either answer, or steer me in the right direction. I have a 2001 E46 M3 and I'm looking to get the Dynavin E46 D99 installed to replace the original head-unit.
I've heard that the OBC data will only display on the Dynavin if your car has CAN-BUS. Is this an accurate statement? If so, how do I determine whether my vehicle has CAN-BUS, K-BUS or something else? I've also noticed on other forums various people talking about clones for the Dynavin unit. Is there any quick way to tell? Certainly what I've been told in HK is an original unit, compares well to what I can see on the many photos uploaded on the forum. But there are slight differences, like the microphone appearing to the left of the cd-slot at the top of the unit, or slightly different writing for the SD-card ports towards the base of the unit. Living this close to Shenzhen, you're always wary of knock-offs from across the border.
giggsy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #819
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggsy72 View Post
Folks, I've got what some might consider some pretty basic questions, but I've scrolled through a lot of the forums and threads and have been unable to find answers so far. Hoping some of the knowledgeable people here can either answer, or steer me in the right direction. I have a 2001 E46 M3 and I'm looking to get the Dynavin E46 D99 installed to replace the original head-unit.
I've heard that the OBC data will only display on the Dynavin if your car has CAN-BUS. Is this an accurate statement? If so, how do I determine whether my vehicle has CAN-BUS, K-BUS or something else? I've also noticed on other forums various people talking about clones for the Dynavin unit. Is there any quick way to tell? Certainly what I've been told in HK is an original unit, compares well to what I can see on the many photos uploaded on the forum. But there are slight differences, like the microphone appearing to the left of the cd-slot at the top of the unit, or slightly different writing for the SD-card ports towards the base of the unit. Living this close to Shenzhen, you're always wary of knock-offs from across the border.
All E46s have a ibus, its not really relevant though. The dynavin will display whatever info is available on the ibus, this varies by car and equipment level. The OBC readout screen is a fairly minor feature on the dynavin. Interesting but not all that useful to most....

The "clones" are not clones, they are a competing, different brand. They dont look really look the same.....they both fit an E46 so they are similar in that respect, but in the details are different, look at the buttons, the layout, etc... The dynavins come in a dynavin box, says dynavin all over it, startup screen says Dynavin on it, etc....

Just go to one of the dynaivn dealers listed on dynavins website, im pretty sure there is an HK one listed on there.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 02-05-2013 at 12:12 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #820
giggsy72

My Ride: 2001 E46 M3
Thanks for the info Jeff.

Agreed it's not the most interesting data, it was more a way for me to determine whether or not this guy was spinning me a line. He is apparently an authorised dealer, but while the main buttons and dials are in the right place, little things just look different. Microphone and RST holes either side of the CD-slot, rather than at the base of the unit near the dials. Smooth, slightly shiny finish, rather than the more textured matt finish to match the other interior trim. User Manual looks like a nicely photo-copied booklet titled "Multi-Media Entertainment User Manual", doesn't mention Dynavin or have Dynavin branding anywhere on it. The language barrier here isn't always the easiest, so all the other litle differences and then the claim the OBC data won't display.........just trying to be cautious over here in HK.
giggsy72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d90, d95, d98, d99, d99 navigation system, dynavin, dynavin android, dynavin d99