E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #21
Whammy

My Ride: ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemwe_03i View Post
"A gun rack? A gun rack. I don't even own a gun , let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
I thought the same thing :highfive:

Last edited by Whammy; 02-02-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Whammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #22
RKiepper

My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRZY BMW View Post
I remember mass killings that occurred in Europe... Although guns wouldnt do it fast enough so they switched to gas chambers.
To my knowledge, they sure as hell didn't ban gas chambers...

Lets get this thread back on track guys! There are other threads this side-topic can be discussed in.
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #23
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
I have a photo somewhere of a modified rear seat folding arm rest.

Folds down and had an MP5 attached.

With the right hardware you might be able to attach any weapon.

Probably wouldn't be able to conceal a long arm tho.

GL!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #24
shockin330i

My Ride: '13 AW F10 535i
Send a message via AIM to shockin330i
Hand me my longsword!!!
2013 535i AW F10 "Lola"

"Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay330Ci View Post
:drool:
i'd cosign loans for that ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Thanks dude. I knew she was a keeper when she blew me during a game of cod. I didn't do too well that game
shockin330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #25
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvasi View Post
I know of that one..
What else have you got? Nothing, and i knew it..
I see humans, lets shoot them?
Well, for one, Norway and largely the rest our Europe don't have the problems we do here, such as huge immigration issues, drug cartels, and this little thing called Mexico to our south which is one of the most violent countries in the world at the moment. Guns help to give our citizens some semblance of security over these threats.

You can rip on us all you want, but you know what's funny? Here's some stuff.

1). We saved Europe twice. Without us, your little Norway would be under German rule. And guess what saved you? That's right, Americans carrying and manufacturing American Guns. Soldiers who were civilians and had been trained since childhood on their fathers' guns.

2). Despite the shootings of civilians here since the gun has been invented, it pales in comparison to the 6 million people killed during the hollocaust in the span of a few years in the 40s. I might add that that was in mighty Europe, where all is anti-gun and safe.

3). Despite our problems as a country, people are still trying to get into it in droves legally and illegally. Why? Because we're the greatest country on Earth. And the rest of the world knows it and half hate us for it.

So as far as I, and many others are concerned, you can stay in your cute litte country and live out your life. Me, I'll enjoy living in America with my guns and my freedom to do as I wish. Cheers mate

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #26
david05111

Now, as far as the original topic is concerned, I'm not sure what would be an appropriate weapon to stick in the trunk. To be honest, I think you'll have a rough time getting a full-sized rifle or shotgun to be able to flip down from a rack in the trunk. It's just too long. I think the inky way it would work is with an SBR or SBS.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #27
CicciLaPorta

My Ride: 2003 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Now, as far as the original topic is concerned, I'm not sure what would be an appropriate weapon to stick in the trunk. To be honest, I think you'll have a rough time getting a full-sized rifle or shotgun to be able to flip down from a rack in the trunk. It's just too long. I think the inky way it would work is with an SBR or SBS.
The 887 Tactical is only an 18" barrel (if that helps).
Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #28
04_e46

My Ride: 2004 325ci
Ar pistol/ak pistol or an ak with folding stock I think would be best if your trying to stash a semi rifle in your vehicle.
04_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #29
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Well, for one, Norway and largely the rest our Europe don't have the problems we do here, such as huge immigration issues, drug cartels, and this little thing called Mexico to our south which is one of the most violent countries in the world at the moment. Guns help to give our citizens some semblance of security over these threats.

You can rip on us all you want, but you know what's funny? Here's some stuff.

1). We saved Europe twice. Without us, your little Norway would be under German rule. And guess what saved you? That's right, Americans carrying and manufacturing American Guns. Soldiers who were civilians and had been trained since childhood on their fathers' guns.

2). Despite the shootings of civilians here since the gun has been invented, it pales in comparison to the 6 million people killed during the hollocaust in the span of a few years in the 40s. I might add that that was in mighty Europe, where all is anti-gun and safe.

3). Despite our problems as a country, people are still trying to get into it in droves legally and illegally. Why? Because we're the greatest country on Earth. And the rest of the world knows it and half hate us for it.

So as far as I, and many others are concerned, you can stay in your cute litte country and live out your life. Me, I'll enjoy living in America with my guns and my freedom to do as I wish. Cheers mate
Way to discredit the Russian initiative. And I am sure those in Norway live with freedom as well. Gun ownership doesn't guarantee freedom. Just look at the Patriot Act. Your number 3 comes from a flawed perspective. How are you defining the best country in the world? Medical care, education, etc? Because the US is constantly losing ranks in those areas among many other. A lot of blind patriotic chest thumping.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #30
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
the patriot act is another abomination in the name of "safety"
Old 02-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #31
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Way to discredit the Russian initiative. And I am sure those in Norway live with freedom as well. Gun ownership doesn't guarantee freedom. Just look at the Patriot Act. Your number 3 comes from a flawed perspective. How are you defining the best country in the world? Medical care, education, etc? Because the US is constantly losing ranks in those areas among many other. A lot of blind patriotic chest thumping.
The Russians did their part, sure. As did the Brits and the French, for example. But ask any expert on history and they'll tell you that without America and American arms, Europe would be very different today. Germany would have won.

The patriot act blows, don't get me wrong.

You're right, I don't know what brings them here. But they're not flocking to Canada, they're not flocking to China or Japan. They're all headed here, and they have been for centuries. That should tell you something. You can call it patriotic chest bumping all you want, but the facts speak for themselves. People come to America because it's the greatest country on earth. Period.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #32
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
You're right, I don't know what brings them here. But they're not flocking to Canada, they're not flocking to China or Japan. They're all headed here, and they have been for centuries. That should tell you something. You can call it patriotic chest bumping all you want, but the facts speak for themselves. People come to America because it's the greatest country on earth. Period.
And Americans threaten to retreat to Canada. What does that say?

Period doesn't equate authority of the subject. Do you know how many people go to Europe?

Last edited by badfast; 02-03-2013 at 01:20 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #33
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
People come to America because it has the potential to be the greatest country on earth. Period.
there i fixed it.
dont get me wrong, i love this country, what it stands for, and all who have stood for it. but in it's current state and with the direction of which it is going, i do believe that we have fallen from greatness.

that being said, i wouldnt want to live anywhere else(well ny blows so maybe another state would be cool)

Last edited by Sentaruu; 02-03-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #34
dburgoon77

My Ride: 02 WRX
Wow this thread got off topic quick. To get back on track, I had the gun on the back deck, but no longer have that gun or car. I am about to get another e46 though have a Subaru now and miss my bmw!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #35
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
And Americans threaten to retreat to Canada. What does that say?

Period doesn't equate authority of the subject. Do you know how many people go to Europe?
It means that some Americans are fed up with the way the country is changing recently. And they're tired of unguarded boarders and policies designed to encourage illegal immigration and free-loading.

Sure, loads of people are leaving. Loads of corporations have moved their bases to outside the US. That's also a sign of the economy and the frustration many are feeling toward the way the US is going.

But you're not going to sit there and tell me there are more people permanently leaving than there are permanently trying to enter, are you?

Old 02-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #36
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by CicciLaPorta View Post
The 887 Tactical is only an 18" barrel (if that helps).
True, but with the stock and receiver, it's considerably longer. I'm not sure of the dimensions on the upper deck. I'll try to measure it later maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_e46 View Post
Ar pistol/ak pistol or an ak with folding stock I think would be best if your trying to stash a semi rifle in your vehicle.
Tend to agree with this, or as I said earlier, an SBR/SBS. All of this raises issues about security though. Are you just going to leave it in there? Seems risky to me

Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #37
04_e46

My Ride: 2004 325ci
Quote:
True, but with the stock and receiver, it's considerably longer. I'm not sure of the dimensions on the upper deck. I'll try to measure it later maybe.

Tend to agree with this, or as I said earlier, an SBR/SBS. All of this raises issues about security though. Are you just going to leave it in there? Seems risky to me
I wouldn't leave them in there..haha
04_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #38
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
Could get a used handcuff style lock system. There about $100 used on ebay, operate off a key or 12v hidden switch.

tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #39
rover220

My Ride: Golf MK VI GT
Mounting: make sure its properly secure. Don´t know how many times I have seen pics of what happens in an accident when something is not properly secured and comes flying at the occupants (Dad used to work for Autoliv that make seatbelts and airbags, they have som horrible promo videos to scare people haha)

Oh and to the guy from Norway, might want to check out the school shootings in Finland in recent times. I´m not exactly pro gun, but just because they are outlawed doesn´t make it hard to find one that is illegal. You want to kill people there is always a way.
rover220 is offline   Reply With Quote