E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
ST06M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: California
Posts: 438
My Ride: 2008 Subaru STi
Saad/ProEFI Customer Service

I havent posted much lately but I wanted to share my great experience with Saad/ProEFI. As you all know, I dont promote anyone. If I like a product, I will buy it and it express my opinion.

I was having an issue with idling hunting and the car would just stumble at a stop light and eventually die. This had been going on for a few months and it was extremely frustrating to drive since it would die about 75% of the time when rolling to a stop. During rush hour traffic, it was a major PITA. Saad (This applies to both Jim and Saad) and Jason showed good patience and worked with me (I was not in a good mood) to troubleshoot this issue. We went through several trial and error session and eventually turned out to be a bad VANOS which was sent to Dr.Vanos for refurb and reinstall and a faulty IAT. Jason looked over the tune and fixed some minor issues with the car running slightly rich, at idle and provided a software workaround for the IAT issue until we get that a new one ordered and replaced. Car now drives great and a bunch of the typical VANOS clacking noise is gone. Its really nice to have these guys local as they always took the time to address my concerns and issues.

I have been running the ProEFI kit for about 3 years and have nothing but good things to say. Last year I upgraded my turbo to a PT7175 DBB, with Saad HO coilpacks, Saad Stage 2 fuel system, and a few other misc items making it a hybrid Stage 3?? or 2.75...haha!. I am still running the HPF Stage 2.5 exhaust manifold and downpipes (3inch), with a AP exhaust and this car still made ~800WHP. If I had the same hardware as Marcus (Stage 3 pipes with massive 4 inch exhaust), I would have hit the same power as him. But I wanted to keep the car sounding close to stock and see how far I can push the existing HPF hardware. So far so good.

Thanks again Saad (Jim and Saad) and ProEFI (Jason) for the support!

Last edited by ST06M3; 02-04-2013 at 09:38 PM.
ST06M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
James @ Saad Racing
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST06M3 View Post
I havent posted much lately but I wanted to share my great experience with Saad/ProEFI. As you all know, I dont promote anyone. If I like a product, I will buy it and it express my opinion.

I was having an issue with idling hunting and the car would just stumble at a stop light and eventually die. This had been going on for a few months and it was extremely frustrating to drive since it would die about 75% of the time when rolling to a stop. During rush hour traffic, it was a major PITA. Saad (This applies to both Jim and Saad) and Jason showed good patience and worked with me (I was not in a good mood) to troubleshoot this issue. We went through several trial and error session and eventually turned out to be a bad VANOS which was sent to Dr.Vanos for refurb and reinstall and a faulty IAT. Jason looked over the tune and fixed some minor issues with the car running slightly rich, at idle and provided a software workaround for the IAT issue until we get that a new one ordered and replaced. Car now drives great and a bunch of the typical VANOS clacking noise is gone. Its really nice to have these guys local as they always took the time to address my concerns and issues.

I have been running the ProEFI kit for about 3 years and have nothing but good things to say. Last year I upgraded my turbo to a PT7175 DBB, with Saad HO coilpacks, Saad Stage 2 fuel system, and a few other misc items making it a hybrid Stage 3?? or 2.75...haha!. I am still running the HPF Stage 2.5 exhaust manifold and downpipes (3inch), with a AP exhaust and this car still made ~800WHP. If I had the same hardware as Marcus (Stage 3 pipes with massive 4 inch exhaust), I would have hit the same power as him. But I wanted to keep the car sounding close to stock and see how far I can push the existing HPF hardware. So far so good.

Thanks again Saad (Jim and Saad) and ProEFI (Jason) for the support!
Your welcome Jim
James @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
MarcusLSB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 4,364
My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST06M3 View Post
I havent posted much lately but I wanted to share my great experience with Saad/ProEFI. As you all know, I dont promote anyone. If I like a product, I will buy it and it express my opinion.

I was having an issue with idling hunting and the car would just stumble at a stop light and eventually die. This had been going on for a few months and it was extremely frustrating to drive since it would die about 75% of the time when rolling to a stop. During rush hour traffic, it was a major PITA. Saad (This applies to both Jim and Saad) and Jason showed good patience and worked with me (I was not in a good mood) to troubleshoot this issue. We went through several trial and error session and eventually turned out to be a bad VANOS which was sent to Dr.Vanos for refurb and reinstall and a faulty IAT. Jason looked over the tune and fixed some minor issues with the car running slightly rich, at idle and provided a software workaround for the IAT issue until we get that a new one ordered and replaced. Car now drives great and a bunch of the typical VANOS clacking noise is gone. Its really nice to have these guys local as they always took the time to address my concerns and issues.

I have been running the ProEFI kit for about 3 years and have nothing but good things to say. Last year I upgraded my turbo to a PT7175 DBB, with Saad HO coilpacks, Saad Stage 2 fuel system, and a few other misc items making it a hybrid Stage 3?? or 2.75...haha!. I am still running the HPF Stage 2.5 exhaust manifold and downpipes (3inch), with a AP exhaust and this car still made ~800WHP. If I had the same hardware as Marcus (Stage 3 pipes with massive 4 inch exhaust), I would have hit the same power as him. But I wanted to keep the car sounding close to stock and see how far I can push the existing HPF hardware. So far so good.

Thanks again Saad (Jim and Saad) and ProEFI (Jason) for the support!
Glad to hear it! Was wondering where you'd been! You should bring it to the Coalinga Airstrip, its WAAAAAY better than the Tronga airstrip you came to last year.
__________________


youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
Commanderwiggin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 3,835
My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Great to hear about your experience Jim!
__________________
Commanderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
ST06M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: California
Posts: 438
My Ride: 2008 Subaru STi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Glad to hear it! Was wondering where you'd been! You should bring it to the Coalinga Airstrip, its WAAAAAY better than the Tronga airstrip you came to last year.
Thanks Marcus. Drew is collecting names and has put mine in....lol. I am hoping that either Saad and/or Jason goes too so we can caravan out there. Trying to locate a good set of rear 18s to fit some drag radials.
ST06M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
ST06M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: California
Posts: 438
My Ride: 2008 Subaru STi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Great to hear about your experience Jim!
Thanks!
ST06M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
Saad @ Saad Racing
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 209
My Ride: S600
Jim is a great guy and its our pleasure to help him out any time we can. I'm absolutely in love with his car, great color combination and looks like brand new!
__________________
http://www.saadracing.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saad-...ref=ts&fref=ts

If you can't run with the big Dawgs, stay on the porch!
Saad @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
E85head
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Car
Posts: 177
My Ride: E46 M3
E85head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #9
Vert-igo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas
Posts: 49
My Ride: Turbo M3 Convertible
Hate to bump an old thread, but I am happy to read good things about this company. I have been working with James at Saad Racing for the past month or so in preparation for my Stage 3 6766 BB E46 M3 kit. I am pretty impressed with James and imagine Saad is great as well.

Won't be long before I strap the car onto a trailer and head to AZ to let Saad build my motor.

1000 WHP here I come!

Last edited by Vert-igo; 03-02-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Vert-igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #10
dallasberry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,162
My Ride: ///M3
Oh Boy!
__________________
Custom Turbo Build By Lab22

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #11
Vert-igo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas
Posts: 49
My Ride: Turbo M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasberry View Post
Oh Boy!
Thanks! I actually want to put down a little more HP. I am going to keep my dual bottle NX nitrous system and add the Saad DP bungs. Should be one sick convertible!

Nice to see a fellow Albertan with a big power M3. I am originally from a little town called Lacombe... About 40 mins away from Edmonton.
Vert-igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #12
dallasberry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,162
My Ride: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleblackrag View Post
Thanks! I actually want to put down a little more HP. I am going to keep my dual bottle NX nitrous system and add the Saad DP bungs. Should be one sick convertible!

Nice to see a fellow Albertan with a big power M3. I am originally from a little town called Lacombe... About 40 mins away from Edmonton.
I know where it is

Make sure you are really specific with the parts used in your car so that you get what you need to support the power you are going to be making.
__________________
Custom Turbo Build By Lab22

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #13
Vert-igo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas
Posts: 49
My Ride: Turbo M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasberry View Post
I know where it is

Make sure you are really specific with the parts used in your car so that you get what you need to support the power you are going to be making.
Lol. Lacombe is a horrible place!

My plan right now is to go with billet mains & 10.5:1 compression. I will only run E85, but will turn the power way down for the track. I have all the supporting power mods, ( 4" cat back, ProEFI , Stage 2 flex fuel, HO Saad Ignition etc.) just need the forged motor and drive train upgrades.
Vert-igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:26 AM   #14
MarcusLSB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 4,364
My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleblackrag View Post
Lol. Lacombe is a horrible place!

My plan right now is to go with billet mains & 10.5:1 compression. I will only run E85, but will turn the power way down for the track. I have all the supporting power mods, ( 4" cat back, ProEFI , Stage 2 flex fuel, HO Saad Ignition etc.) just need the forged motor and drive train upgrades.
Should be a fun build!
__________________


youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:20 AM   #15
Vert-igo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas
Posts: 49
My Ride: Turbo M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Should be a fun build!
Thanks Marcus! I have been trying to catch up on threads you have been involved in, as you have been running big power for a long time. I noticed you are not chasing extreme WHP numbers anymore. Therefore, I have to ask from your experience - what is too much? At what point does the car become too powerful that it negates the fun factor?
Vert-igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:26 AM   #16
lrinco01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington,TX -- Afghanistan
Posts: 958
My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleblackrag View Post
Lol. Lacombe is a horrible place!

My plan right now is to go with billet mains & 10.5:1 compression. I will only run E85, but will turn the power way down for the track. I have all the supporting power mods, ( 4" cat back, ProEFI , Stage 2 flex fuel, HO Saad Ignition etc.) just need the forged motor and drive train upgrades.
Awesome news!

Where in the DFW are you in?

Do you have a timeline? Like when will your M3 arrive n be completed/tested by Saad n returned to you?
__________________
Leonel Aka " Rico"
BMWCCA # 403748
01 BMW E46 M3 / 6 SPD / Tiag / Imola
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:59 AM   #17
Vert-igo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas
Posts: 49
My Ride: Turbo M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrinco01 View Post
Awesome news!

Where in the DFW are you in?

Do you have a timeline? Like when will your M3 arrive n be completed/tested by Saad n returned to you?
Fort Worth.

The first thing I want to do is install the ProEFI, Saad fuel system, ignition & 4" catback to see if I can crack 600 whp with my AA renegade SC on E85. After that the turbo will go on for a little low boost testing. It is going to be later in the year before I can take time off and head to AZ.

My Kevlar Status Racing seats are going to get strapped down to the VAC mounts next week, then I can finally get rid of the ridiculously heavy convertible seats and install the schroth harnesses. I am actually quite excited about that.

Last edited by Vert-igo; 03-07-2014 at 06:01 AM.
Vert-igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:16 AM   #18
lrinco01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington,TX -- Afghanistan
Posts: 958
My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleblackrag View Post
Fort Worth.

The first thing I want to do is install the ProEFI, Saad fuel system, ignition & 4" catback to see if I can crack 600 whp with my AA renegade SC on E85. After that the turbo will go on for a little low boost testing. It is going to be later in the year before I can take time off and head to AZ.

My Kevlar Status Racing seats are going to get strapped down to the VAC mounts next week, then I can finally get rid of the ridiculously heavy convertible seats and install the schroth harnesses. I am actually quite excited about that.
Awesome,

I just relocated to Arlington/Mansfield so were neighbors

Good luck squeezing 600rwhp out of a the SC kit your running w/o building your motor.

pm me your contact info if you don't mind staying in touch.

I'm currently in Afghanistan and will not be back until May but we can chat it up until i land and meet for lunch n talk Boost

-Rico
__________________
Leonel Aka " Rico"
BMWCCA # 403748
01 BMW E46 M3 / 6 SPD / Tiag / Imola
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:28 AM   #19
Vert-igo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas
Posts: 49
My Ride: Turbo M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrinco01 View Post
Awesome,

I just relocated to Arlington/Mansfield so were neighbors

Good luck squeezing 600rwhp out of a the SC kit your running w/o building your motor.

pm me your contact info if you don't mind staying in touch.

I'm currently in Afghanistan and will not be back until May but we can chat it up until i land and meet for lunch n talk Boost

-Rico
That's cool that you live close. Do you ever go to MSR in Cresson or the Lonestar BMWCCA autocross events? We can certainly get together and BS about our cars.

I am pretty confident about pulling great numbers out of my SC. It was around 560 whp through an OEM sec.2 and Dinan muffler with 110 octane and water / meth. It might not hit 600 but it may be close on E85 and improved exhaust flow. The car is tuned for 100 octane right now.

Last edited by Vert-igo; 03-08-2014 at 06:31 AM.
Vert-igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:52 AM   #20
lrinco01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington,TX -- Afghanistan
Posts: 958
My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleblackrag View Post
That's cool that you live close. Do you ever go to MSR in Cresson or the Lonestar BMWCCA autocross events? We can certainly get together and BS about our cars.

I am pretty confident about pulling great numbers out of my SC. It was around 560 whp through an OEM sec.2 and Dinan muffler with 110 octane and water / meth. It might not hit 600 but it may be close on E85 and improved exhaust flow. The car is tuned for 100 octane right now.
Kool, Yes I have been to both.

The Last Lonestar BMWCCA event i participated in was the Movie screening up in Wylie Last October.. didn't have much fun but my kids enjoyed there movie ;-)

Mark was really cool and was the Only person that socialized with me but thast another story....lol

Speaking on your goals or plans, what i did not see you mention was Injectors..

by only improving the exhaust flow and switching to E85 you will be doing yourself a disservice if your Injectors are not upgraded as well to make up the 30% flow difference between Ethanol and High-Octane fuels like unleaded 93 and leaded VP110. throw Bigger injectors in the mix and then i can see your SC getting really close to 600 on a stock motor. IMO

i may not be explaining it correctly but Jason, Saad, Marcus, dallas, kenton, jesse or a number of other smarter cats will chime in and clean up what i'm trying to say.

i am going a similar route but im not ready to build my motor just yet.

AEM infinity-8, Flex fuel tune, Radium goodies and thats it for 2014 remaining on my stock block.
__________________
Leonel Aka " Rico"
BMWCCA # 403748
01 BMW E46 M3 / 6 SPD / Tiag / Imola
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use