E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #1601
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
you're probably very good with them based on what you always do. It's funny to see strong guys get up and struggle with a few. It gives you a whole different type of respect for gymnasts.
Thank God for Capoeira. It keeps me flexibility and light on my feet. People are generally shocked at the amount of body control that I have......especially when I start flipping around and stuff.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #1602
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Thank God for Capoeira. It keeps me flexibility and light on my feet. People are generally shocked at the amount of body control that I have......especially when I start flipping around and stuff.
Do you have any videos
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #1603
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
Do you have any videos
I am in a lot of videos over the past 10-ish years, but I don't have a lot that I've taped myself (..that are on YouTube anyway; I'm usually captured at events and stuff). Here is one that I'm in from an event 6-ish years ago. I'm at: 1:33-1:39, 1:40-1:54, and a few other parts.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 01-28-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #1604
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD

Note to self...when doing hang cleans, be careful when you drop down in weight for your final set. The bar tends to come flying up if you use the same force and hit you in the chin!
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #1605
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post

Note to self...when doing hang cleans, be careful when you drop down in weight for your final set. The bar tends to come flying up if you use the same force and hit you in the chin!
Yesssss! I've done that before.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #1606
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post

I've hit my chin one time I think. After that form improved greatly because that fear was no longer there.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #1607
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Here is my split: Tell me what you think

Sunday- Chest
-flat bench; light moderate, heavy, back down the pyramid
dumbbell flat bench; same pattern
incline barbell; same
incline dumbbell; same
decline barbell

Gets me sore every time

Monday: Back
10x 4 full body weight pull-ups
seated row
lat pulldowns
dumbbell rows
deadlift
3x4 pullups
7x4 assisted pull-ups
9x4 assisted pull-ups
pass out somewhere from exhaustion

Tuesday: Bi's and tri's
dumbell curls (standing)
concentration curls
cross body curls
-repeat for 3 sets of everything listed above
barbell curls; light moderate heavy back down
individual hand cable curls
triceps dips
tri pull downs
skull crushers
close grip bench
individual hand tri cable pull down

Wednesday: Shoulders
military dumbbell press
shoulder press machine
dumbbell front and side raises
dumbbell shrugs, 45lb plate raises
farmer walks

Thursday: Legs
ham and quad curls machines
back squat
leg press
front squat
calf raises

Friday: 300 Workout
25 pullups
50 deadlifts @ 135
50 pushups
50 36" box jumps
50 floor sweeps while pressing 135
25 kettle ball presses per arm
25 pullups to end

Saturday: Day off
-Think about how to improve my diet, form in the gym, workouts in general, make this week better than last.

In all these exercises my primary focus is good form, good stretch and contraction. I'm not concerned with showing off and putting up high weight so people look at me like 90% of the kids in my gym, I just do what I do and push myself harder every day. I try to up my intensity as much as possible. My strength has improved exponentially, but my size and weight gain has stabilized at 156 pounds up from 149 5 months ago. Any input is valued.
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #1608
DylloS

That split is good. We can sit here all day, talk to 50 experts, and we'll still get 100 different opinions. Stick to that, eat more calories and you will grow.

Usually when people aren't getting bigger it's because of their diets but in this case I think your split is just fine. Mine is pretty similar now.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #1609
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Quote:
That split is good. We can sit here all day, talk to 50 experts, and we'll still get 100 different opinions. Stick to that, eat more calories and you will grow.

Usually when people aren't getting bigger it's because of their diets but in this case I think your split is just fine. Mine is pretty similar now.
Sounds good man thank you. Just gonna have to start eating more and more. Would you recommend more meals a day of moderate calories or a few big meals a day?
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #1610
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
Sounds good man thank you. Just gonna have to start eating more and more. Would you recommend more meals a day of moderate calories or a few big meals a day?
that's a personal preference thing. I tend to eat a few huge meals. Others eat small meals every few hours. This can be debated as well but from what I've come across it doesn't really matter as long as you get the food in.

Eat big breafast, small snack like protein shake, a few hardboiled eggs, and nuts, big lunch, pwo shake, big dinner, prebed shake of milk, casein protein and peanut butter.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #1611
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Meal frequency (1/2/3 vs 6) has virtually no impact on anything, due to the thermic effects of food intake. Entirely up to you and your lifestyle, I only eat 2 big (1500+ calorie) meals a day for instance, plus a PWO shake.

I highly suggest you track your food (and track it accurately). Do this for a couple weeks at minimum so you can learn just how much food you are getting. I guarantee it will be nowhere close to your estimates (assuming you've never tracked before).
Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #1612
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
been really stressed out lately so its hard to get through a full workout. but i did go ass to grass @ 395LB back squats today that I was pretty happy with. couple rounds of 1000m rows. and other small things.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #1613
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Decided to throw my body a curveball and did a crossfit thing on my own yesterday, pretty kiler

20 minutes, do as many sets as you can

5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 air squats

I got 15 rounds. Everything hurts.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #1614
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Decided to throw my body a curveball and did a crossfit thing on my own yesterday, pretty kiler

20 minutes, do as many sets as you can

5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 air squats

I got 15 rounds. Everything hurts.
I like this one (Cindy) if I am pressed for time and want to get myself going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #1615
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Yesssss! I've done that before.
Haha made me get a blood blister on my lip. I started laughing when I did it and people were looking at me like I was crazy!
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #1616
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
I like this one (Cindy) if I am pressed for time and want to get myself going.
It's definitely a good change up for me, plus it is nice to not be stuck at the gym for 2 hours. I did another wod today, not sure if that was a good move because I am still really sore from Cindy.

Today was 20 205lb front squats, 20 30 inch box jumps, 20 kettle bell swings and 50 freaking wall balls for time.

Thank god I have tomorrow off

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Old 02-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #1617
DylloS

Quote:
It's definitely a good change up for me, plus it is nice to not be stuck at the gym for 2 hours. I did another wod today, not sure if that was a good move because I am still really sore from Cindy.

Today was 20 205lb front squats, 20 30 inch box jumps, 20 kettle bell swings and 50 freaking wall balls for time.

That sounds terrible. Leg heavy. I probably wouldn't want to walk around for a few days.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #1618
Act of God

Quote:
That sounds terrible. Leg heavy. I probably wouldn't want to walk around for a few days.
haha, oddly enough I'm not that bad today. Go figure

Old 02-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #1619
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:

If you got sore from Cindy and did this, I would guess the soreness is delayed and tomorrow sitting/standing will feel like an Olympic event

Wall balls feel like you're trying to kill yourself. I can box jump all day, KB swing all day, pretty good at front squats...two wall balls and I'm nearly hyperventilating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #1620
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
If you got sore from Cindy and did this, I would guess the soreness is delayed and tomorrow sitting/standing will feel like an Olympic event

Wall balls feel like you're trying to kill yourself. I can box jump all day, KB swing all day, pretty good at front squats...two wall balls and I'm nearly hyperventilating.
haha, that was definitely the hardest part of that workout. I was cruising until then. I'll see how the legs feel tomorrow but I think I will be ok, I usually do heavy legs once a week so I'm fairly conditioned...but we will have to see