E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
BavarianBorn

My Ride: 2005 3.30i ZHP
How to Update E46 DME with NCS or WinKFP? DIY?

Hi All,

This may seem like a simple question, and there is a lot of information out there, but does anyone have a straightforward DIY on flashing the DME using my Vag-Com cable & NCS expert or winkfp? I have INPA functional.

I have read that I will want the V41 Daten files, and that will use the ms45.1 profile for my 2005 zhp.

I've found where to download the v41, and how to drop the e46 updated daten files in my NCS editor folder.

From there do I just need to open NCS Expert, read / retrieve vehicle information (ZUSB) and all of my modules in expert profile, leave everything unchanged (no manual adjustments at this time), and write them back to the DME?

Will that properly apply the V41 updates to my DME & other modules?

Terra recommended using winKFP but I'm having trouble finding definitive DIYs for either. Any help is much appreciated.
BavarianBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
vitaladeel

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Yes can anyone answer this please

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Bimmer App
vitaladeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:57 AM   #3
HakenTT
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 323i with S54
Problem is that it is hard to set up the free internet version of these factory files to some cheap VAG cable.

There is a company that sells software with matched cable, installs it properly and it works :
bmtechnic
Old 02-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
karitammi

My Ride: 325 (E46) Cabrio
Well this is far from solid DIY, but:
- Install BMW standard tools, this is rather good thread http://bmwcoders.com/forum/bmw-gt1-o...-software-328/
- Or this guide, showing how to configure the port in Windos devide manager for K + D CAN http://www.6buys.com/ebay/doc/InpaCANinstall.pdf. Remember to check OBD.ini and Inpa.ini accordingly.
- To import E46 daten in WinKFP http://www.sfischerdesign.com/pdf/Ho...art_WinKFP.pdf. BUT BE AWARE WITH STEP 8. For my E46 daten, it didn't work in that way. I skipped step 8 and did NOT overwrite the files and it worked without cutting any lines.

Then for updating the DME in WinKFP. You can either go for certain desired ZUSB number or select update ZUSB to get the newest one. Then selectt program. Terra has explained this in many forums, he'd be the best to answer.

Hope this helps a little.
karitammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Search OBD USB Diagnostic thread in General, if you can't find what you need in there - you're looking for the wrong thing.

I wrote up a DIY there. These subforums are usually dead.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
phubar

My Ride: 335is, HD
FYI I've never been able to get winkfp to work other than 5.1.6, the version included with most INPA installs have never worked for me, the problem with 5.1.6 is if u install it after INPA then your config gets all messed up, so backup ur inpa.ini file. but I like to nitpick so I just formatted my tuning tablet and installed everything from zero in this winkfp 5.1.6 then INPA.

I would uncheck all UIF settings in winkfp so it doesnt alter ur flash count if u r wanting to try different files.
phubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #7
karitammi

I got INPA 5.0.2 and WinKFP 5.1.6. It felt hard to get them all installed properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phubar View Post
...I would uncheck all UIF settings in winkfp so it doesnt alter ur flash count if u r wanting to try different files.
Can you please elaborate this? What you can do if you uncheck UIF? And no limit of about 10 flashes anymore?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:50 AM   #8
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Unchecking UIF writes means you don't use up of one of your flash counts. The DME will report as if you still had your old software version, but be running on the new one.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #9
karitammi

Very good to know. Thanks a lot!
Old 03-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #10
Tac330

My Ride: 330ci & 98 750il V12
Send a message via ICQ to Tac330
can anyone please send me a link to v41 daten files for e46. i have tried countless links where i need an account or it just wont work

2003 330ci ZSP DTM Fiberwerks OnepieceLip, BC Racing Coilovers, Headers, ZCP M3paddle shifters, Eu2
Tac330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:16 AM   #11
BartenderPlease
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 328i Sport
same

awaits: hot cams, headers, tune
AERA Performance Engine Builder
| BBS | FK | Rogue Eng | K&N | Exhaust | 330i Brakes |
| b30 manifold | ported head | FX-R/Orion V4 | LEDs |
| Alcantara | Khoalty Knob | JL Audio |

BartenderPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #12
HAMMER377

My Ride: e46 m3
I have managed to find all the daten files on another site hope this helps!

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e63...ol-free-4.html_nr_
HAMMER377 is offline   Reply With Quote