E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AZ NM NV OK TX UT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Indy shop in Dallas area

I think I need a new head gasket on my E46.

The repair is beyond my level of expertise, especially if the head needs to be reground.

I emailed Autobahn BMW and they said it would be 3770, minimum.

Are there any indy shops in the Dallas area (Irving, HEB, ) that have a good reputation for working on our cars and can do it for less the the dealer ?

Many thanks.

Raymond
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
mpoweredavus

My Ride: 2013 AW M3 / 03 ZHP
If you want dealer quality for less, call Eurosport Automotive in Plano. But if budget is your number 1 concern, Clownshoe Motorsports in Dallas should be able to help you out.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpoweredavus View Post
If you want dealer quality for less, call Eurosport Automotive in Plano. But if budget is your number 1 concern, Clownshoe Motorsports in Dallas should be able to help you out.
Hmm, what does that mean .......budget is my concern............I just want the job done right the first time.

Does that mean they use stolen parts or illegal aliens or sell drugs on the side ?

I am not concerned with how their waiting room looks or how clean their bathroom is.

I'd do it myself but when I got to the part about using a special tool to insert in the engine to keep the cylinders lined up and the possibility of grinding the cylinders I surrendered.

But I will call both of them tomorrow.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2013, 01:27 AM   #4
MCM97

My Ride: 01 325Ci
Clownshoe is the way to go in Dallas. Ask for Jeff. Mpowered is just butthurt over some forum beef from like 5 years ago he holds onto like herpes. Jeffs prices are more than fair and his work is quality. He's worked on my e36 M3, X5 and e28 and stands behind his work. I've sent friends and family to him and he has a loyal, mature customer base.

FYI Eurosport diagnosed my 911 with weak lifters in 2008 when the engine suffered a total IMS failure so take that for what its worth.
MCM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
robj213

My Ride: '03 325i
Try E.C. European Auto Repair, (817) 292-1449. They are not in the Dallas area but in Ft Worth. They are a tiny family shop that specialize in BMW & Mercedes. I have been using them for 6 years now for repairs that I can't do myself. They are not familiar with performance products, but are EXCELLENT for repairs. They have always done the repairs right the first time.

Also as an FYI - they have no waiting area, so be prepared to have a ride home if you use them.
robj213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #6
Blueandwhite85

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj213 View Post
Try E.C. European Auto Repair, (817) 292-1449. They are not in the Dallas area but in Ft Worth. They are a tiny family shop that specialize in BMW & Mercedes. I have been using them for 6 years now for repairs that I can't do myself. They are not familiar with performance products, but are EXCELLENT for repairs. They have always done the repairs right the first time.

Also as an FYI - they have no waiting area, so be prepared to have a ride home if you use them.
I live on the west side of Fort Worth and drive by that place all the time. Never been but always wondered how they were. But then again my car hasn't been into a shop for anything other than tires/alignment or the hood respray. How's pricing?
Blueandwhite85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
robj213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueandwhite85 View Post
I live on the west side of Fort Worth and drive by that place all the time. Never been but always wondered how they were. But then again my car hasn't been into a shop for anything other than tires/alignment or the hood respray. How's pricing?
For the few times that I compared their price quotes with the dealership - they are about half of what the dealer quoted. I would definitely recommend them for repairs! But if you are wanting performance items installed, I would go to Texas Track Works.

I am in the Benbrook area
Old 02-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #8
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Clownshoe is a great deal and also check out Bimmian Motor Werks, or just call Elliot's_BMW

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
Blueandwhite85

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj213 View Post
For the few times that I compared their price quotes with the dealership - they are about half of what the dealer quoted. I would definitely recommend them for repairs! But if you are wanting performance items installed, I would go to Texas Track Works.

I am in the Benbrook area
I've met Forrest over at Texas Track Works. got any pics of your car?
Old 02-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #10
mpoweredavus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM97 View Post
Clownshoe is the way to go in Dallas. Ask for Jeff. Mpowered is just butthurt over some forum beef from like 5 years ago he holds onto like herpes. Jeffs prices are more than fair and his work is quality. He's worked on my e36 M3, X5 and e28 and stands behind his work. I've sent friends and family to him and he has a loyal, mature customer base.

FYI Eurosport diagnosed my 911 with weak lifters in 2008 when the engine suffered a total IMS failure so take that for what its worth.
Clownshoe is the way to go in Dallas? Yeah, maybe if you want clowns to work on your car.

Why don't you enlighten folks into your insurance fraud you pulled with your 911 while it was at Eurosport? What was is again? You ran over something that cause that engine to go boom?

Clownshoe is cheap if you want cheap labor. If you want quality work performed by BMW certified mechanics and not spend the dealer price tag - Clownshoe Motorsports is NOT the place to take your bimmer to.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
mpoweredavus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDRick323 View Post
Clownshoe is a great deal and also check out Bimmian Motor Werks, or just call Elliot's_BMW
I'm not going to argue that its a great deal. Being a one-man show and working 70 hours/week on customers cars - there is a reason for it.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #12
robj213

[QUOTE=Blueandwhite85;15146202]I've met Forrest over at Texas Track Works. got any pics of your car?[/QUOTE

Forrest actually installed my Bilsteins for me. I had my RTABs installed by them as well.

I actually don't right now... computer recently died and lost all data on my hard drives.. will have to snap a quick one on cell phone if I want a pic. But my car is black on black with window tints and black front grille with everything else stock... including the brake dust covered wheels!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
UTenigma

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i Sport
If you're up for a drive, you should really call Joe at Joe's Autobarn. He's an independent BMW master tech, trained in Germany and has taken care of my '01 330 for at least 8 years now. His shop is right next to his house out in Farmersville, it's a bit of a drive but totally worth it. I trust Joe completely with my car - honestly if it wasn't for Joe I would have gotten rid of my car and gotten something new a long time ago and because of Joe I will only buy BMW's from now on. joesautobarn.net - my car's actually in one of the pictures on his website, the blue 330 on the Location page.

Make sure you call - he's appointment only

Check out other owner reviews on bimmershops http://www.bimmershops.com/texas/joes-auto-barn#xzeb

Last edited by UTenigma; 02-15-2013 at 09:48 AM.
UTenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #14
Blueandwhite85

[QUOTE=robj213;15149363]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueandwhite85 View Post
I've met Forrest over at Texas Track Works. got any pics of your car?[/QUOTE

Forrest actually installed my Bilsteins for me. I had my RTABs installed by them as well.

I actually don't right now... computer recently died and lost all data on my hard drives.. will have to snap a quick one on cell phone if I want a pic. But my car is black on black with window tints and black front grille with everything else stock... including the brake dust covered wheels!
Right on. I'd love to see it
Old 02-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #15
MCM97

Quote:
Clownshoe is the way to go in Dallas? Yeah, maybe if you want clowns to work on your car.

Why don't you enlighten folks into your insurance fraud you pulled with your 911 while it was at Eurosport? What was is again? You ran over something that cause that engine to go boom?

Clownshoe is cheap if you want cheap labor. If you want quality work performed by BMW certified mechanics and not spend the dealer price tag - Clownshoe Motorsports is NOT the place to take your bimmer to.
Care to enlighten me about that? I paid $12,800 cash out of pocket for a new engine so not sure what you're talking about.

Can you tell us the last time you had work done at Clownshoemotorsports or is all this running your mouth just bitterness because no one likes you?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #16
mpoweredavus

Quote:
Care to enlighten me about that? I paid $12,800 cash out of pocket for a new engine so not sure what you're talking about.

Can you tell us the last time you had work done at Clownshoemotorsports or is all this running your mouth just bitterness because no one likes you?
Sorry your fraud scheme didn't work out as planned...

I get my car serviced by real mechanics that know what they're doing, not hobbyist clowns.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #17
MCM97

So you have no backing of this alleged fraud and you havent been to Clownshoe. Sounds like youre shooting your mouth off again with nothing to back it up. Rinse, repeat
Old 02-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #18
mpoweredavus

Quote:
So you have no backing of this alleged fraud and you havent been to Clownshoe. Sounds like youre shooting your mouth off again with nothing to back it up. Rinse, repeat
Nope, unlike you I don't keep detailed tabs on people, but I'm sure few forum members along with few folks that were involved with that car could attest to it. Insurance estimators were not sent to Eurosport for no reason, right? Or am I wrong again? I'm probably wrong.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
MCM97

After those brainiacs at Eurosport wasted $4000 on lifts their insurance people looked at the car to try to cover their ass. End result someone - not me or my insurance - covere dthat **** up.
Between you and Raza Im concerned about your obsession with me. I know you dont have a lot going on but maybe you can find a hobby. Seriously, im concerned Ed.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #20
jpage101

My Ride: '04 330ci - '09 328i
http://www.bimmermotorwerks.net/

These guys do great work, very reasonably priced. Started by former BMW Techs.

jpage101 is offline   Reply With Quote