E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #61
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
I spend $700 a month between myself and my girlfriend

Donalds is a bit extreme, I substitute rice/potatoes on workout days and fat sources on rest days and keep my protein intake around 200-300g a day.

I also make delicious food all the time which is nice, and it still fits within my macros.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #62
DonaldE

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I spend $700 a month between myself and my girlfriend

Donalds is a bit extreme, I substitute rice/potatoes on workout days and fat sources on rest days and keep my protein intake around 200-300g a day.

I also make delicious food all the time which is nice, and it still fits within my macros.
Oh. My foods have no taste and are cheap. Haha

Jet Black 2002 BMW 330i
Swapped M3 Interior
OEM Style 71s
Dropped on Koni/Vogtland
Locked/Loaded/Loud

DonaldE
DonaldE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #63
DonaldE

And it isn't really extreme when that is the look you are trying to attain

Jet Black 2002 BMW 330i
Swapped M3 Interior
OEM Style 71s
Dropped on Koni/Vogtland
Locked/Loaded/Loud

DonaldE
Old 02-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #64
dabears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldE View Post
And it isn't really extreme when that is the look you are trying to attain
No I agree, I just meant that you could easily eat more carbs and reduce your protein intake, you only NEED around 1g per lb of bodyweight (for you more likely 1.5g) so unless you are 250 lb + you could maintain / grow your physique as long as you were meeting your calorie requirements your goal.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #65
DonaldE

Quote:
No I agree, I just meant that you could easily eat more carbs and reduce your protein intake, you only NEED around 1g per lb of bodyweight (for you more likely 1.5g) so unless you are 250 lb + you could maintain / grow your physique as long as you were meeting your calorie requirements your goal.
You cannot diet foot any sort of physique competition and expect to raise carb intake. Ever. Off season, my carbs are quadruple this with substantially lower protein. And more fat

Jet Black 2002 BMW 330i
Swapped M3 Interior
OEM Style 71s
Dropped on Koni/Vogtland
Locked/Loaded/Loud

DonaldE
Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #66
DonaldE

Importantly for OP to achieve any of these physiques he will need an extremely low carb intake

Jet Black 2002 BMW 330i
Swapped M3 Interior
OEM Style 71s
Dropped on Koni/Vogtland
Locked/Loaded/Loud

DonaldE
Old 02-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #67
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
You cannot diet foot any sort of physique competition and expect to raise carb intake. Ever. Off season, my carbs are quadruple this with substantially lower protein. And more fat
you have any pics?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #68
dabears

Quote:
Importantly for OP to achieve any of these physiques he will need an extremely low carb intake
I understand where you are coming from, and from what you've posted (haven't seen any pics) you know what you are talking about and have a ripped body, and physique competition is different than the average joe.

But I'm going to respectfully disagree with you, if you keep a high carb intake on workout days but remove them from rest days, you can obtain a shredded physique. Maybe not the 4-5% competition type look (some still have) but still a very respectable "shredded" one.

This is the best "results" of what I'm talking about page. It truly goes against the bodybuilding dogma and is very controversial, I understand this. But the results speak for themselves, and the methods allow you so much more freedom to live life.

http://rippedbody.jp/english/results-english/

I watched a trainer so weak from lack of carbs he could barely move end up getting chron's disease from how much he manipulated his diet (much like you are discussing). He was shredded, but it wasn't healthy.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #69
DonaldE

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from, and from what you've posted (haven't seen any pics) you know what you are talking about and have a ripped body, and physique competition is different than the average joe.

But I'm going to respectfully disagree with you, if you keep a high carb intake on workout days but remove them from rest days, you can obtain a shredded physique. Maybe not the 4-5% competition type look (some still have) but still a very respectable "shredded" one.

This is the best "results" of what I'm talking about page. It truly goes against the bodybuilding dogma and is very controversial, I understand this. But the results speak for themselves, and the methods allow you so much more freedom to live life.

http://rippedbody.jp/english/results-english/

I watched a trainer so weak from lack of carbs he could barely move end up getting chron's disease from how much he manipulated his diet (much like you are discussing). He was shredded, but it wasn't healthy.
I didn't say zero carbs. Although for one show I did drop carbs to zero for a total of 8 weeks. I mean zero for 8 weeks. Keto diets are in fact ridiculous. But I don't suggest them. To maintain anything less than 10% bf you WILL in fact need to have a very low carb intake. Or at the very minimum a carb rotation schedule. I will post pictures when I get to my other phone. I'm art work currently and using my work phone.

Jet Black 2002 BMW 330i
Swapped M3 Interior
OEM Style 71s
Dropped on Koni/Vogtland
Locked/Loaded/Loud

DonaldE
Old 02-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #70
DonaldE

This is my current physique after having hernia surgery and losing about 15 lbs of muscle because of lack of food
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360186722020.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	489644

Jet Black 2002 BMW 330i
Swapped M3 Interior
OEM Style 71s
Dropped on Koni/Vogtland
Locked/Loaded/Loud

DonaldE
Old 02-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #71
DonaldE

Basic instagram filter. No Photoshop

Jet Black 2002 BMW 330i
Swapped M3 Interior
OEM Style 71s
Dropped on Koni/Vogtland
Locked/Loaded/Loud

DonaldE
Old 02-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #72
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
This is my current physique after having hernia surgery and losing about 15 lbs of muscle because of lack of food
Attachment 489644
pretty damn solid.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #73
DonaldE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
pretty damn solid.
Thank you. On my way back up to 250

Jet Black 2002 BMW 330i
Swapped M3 Interior
OEM Style 71s
Dropped on Koni/Vogtland
Locked/Loaded/Loud

DonaldE
Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #74
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Attachment 489644
Looking very good man. Wasp9166, are you paying attention? We still have yet to see your photos.

Quote:
Oh. My foods have no taste and are cheap. Haha
+10000

Dude, you and I are so f@ckin' similar. A lot of the guys here really do put a lot of effort into whipping up meals with a nice presentation. Me? Nawwww! Eat boring....lift hard.....and repeat.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 02-06-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Auto-save 1360193598
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #75
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
I didn't say zero carbs. Although for one show I did drop carbs to zero for a total of 8 weeks. I mean zero for 8 weeks. Keto diets are in fact ridiculous. But I don't suggest them. To maintain anything less than 10% bf you WILL in fact need to have a very low carb intake. Or at the very minimum a carb rotation schedule. I will post pictures when I get to my other phone. I'm art work currently and using my work phone.

Agreed...

...which for the average Joe is very difficult/near impossible to do. I'm at about 10% right now @ 185 lbs. - and I'm a carb-a-holic - but my level of activity allows me to continue to eat a fairly heavy carb diet and maintain those numbers.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #76
Darkside213

My Ride: 04 TSX daily, 01 M3
Jesus. You guys motivate me. M3inline has given me tips but its threads like this that keep me going. Thanks guys
Darkside213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #77
DonaldE

Any time. Feel free to PM me if you want any more information
And by the way. The link on Intermittent Fasting. I've done that a handful of times
The only problem I have with it is that I get pretty bad acid reflux during my fasts.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #78
DonaldE

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Agreed...

...which for the average Joe is very difficult/near impossible to do. I'm at about 10% right now @ 185 lbs. - and I'm a carb-a-holic - but my level of activity allows me to continue to eat a fairly heavy carb diet and maintain those numbers.
All I taste is nutritional value at this point haha
Old 02-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #79
Darkside213

Quote:
And by the way. The link on Intermittent Fasting. I've done that a handful of times
The only problem I have with it is that I get pretty bad acid reflux during my fasts.
Really? I'm always ok during fasts.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #80
Darkside213

Quote:
Thx I will