E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
ode2joy

My Ride: is waiting
Feeler: thinking of selling my 323iT manual

I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking of selling. Right now the only pic I have is the one in my sig. I'm entertaining offers and seeing what it might be worth to someone in it's present condition. I bought this car from another forum member and enthusiast who sold it to fund his e30 addiction.

the good: everything works, enthusiast owned, but not completely 'rehabilitated' from it's years of hard winters
mechanically almost perfect, runs great
CCV just done, no vacuum leaks or typical CEL problems
valve cover and gaskets just done
ICV, DISA, throttle body, MAF just cleaned
OFHG just done
worn H&R suspension just replaced with OEM sport (for daily driving duties)
brakes just replaced with used OEM ones, but better than the surface rusted ones that were on it, synthetic fluid
5 speed!!!!!!!
cold air, hot heat
heated, manual sport seats
new windshield
Ipod connector - great sounding factory stereo with original cassette
interior is tan leatherette at about 6 out of 10. No tears or bad spots, just normal wear for a 12 year old car. Still has working rollup net in rear.
1 working key, original book, all weather BMW mats

the bad: car was owned up north most of it's life and NOT cared for as I would've. A few surface rust spots on body.
The car is what it is, so before anyone slams me, it is mechanically sound and really just needs some love from an enthusiast who will finish the bodywork and repaint. I am NOT able to do this myself.
Just about everything rusty underneath has been dealt with. there is some surface rust on the exhaust (of course), but brakes have completely been changed, suspension has been changed, subframe looks good.
This car has a CEL on from a bad SAP. I replaced it with a used one when I bought the car, now that one is toast as well.
I've put about 10k miles on the car and done lots of small routine maintenance on this car in the last year or two and it is a solid runner, though not low miles and not perfect.
It has a ticking lifter for about 10 seconds sometimes when started cold, but does NOT do this every time. I don't abuse this car but do drive it like it was meant to be driven from time to time, and I trust that this motor has plenty of life left. Currently running Castrol 0w-40, recently changed.

All fluids recently changed, I would drive this car anywhere, I've just found a 330 I'm really interested in.

I will try to throw some good pics up soon.

Car is in Knoxville, Tn.

206k and driven daily

Last edited by ode2joy; 02-06-2013 at 04:55 PM.
ode2joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
ode2joy

I uploaded several pics to my ad at bimmerforums, I will try to get them up here as well.

I added the mileage, sorry, I thought that was in the original ad. It's high but the car runs great.

Last edited by ode2joy; 02-06-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
mcfunnymoney

My Ride: e28
Im new to the forum. Im in Chattanooga and Ive been a BMW enthusiast for years. Are you ever down this way? How much rust is there? I would love to see more
mcfunnymoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #4
ode2joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfunnymoney View Post
Im new to the forum. Im in Chattanooga and Ive been a BMW enthusiast for years. Are you ever down this way? How much rust is there? I would love to see more
One bad spot (about 3x2) on the bottom of the left rear door, and some small tiny bubbling spots on the right door and fender. We're not talking about rusted through panels though, just spots that need attention. It's not real bad and I will post pics as soon as I can. It looks like I may have to travel due to a family emergency so it might be a few days. Did you see the pics I put up at Bimmerforums?

Here's the underside of the car, so you can see it's not rusting away

Here's a pic a month or so old, but not close a close up. You can see the spot at the bottom center of left door

Thanks

Last edited by ode2joy; 02-07-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #5
mcfunnymoney

Yeah I looked at Bimmerforums. Nice car. Any ideas on price? I haven't seen any recently with over 200k so I don't know where your at.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #6
ode2joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfunnymoney View Post
Yeah I looked at Bimmerforums. Nice car. Any ideas on price? I haven't seen any recently with over 200k so I don't know where your at.
I don't really know either. I would entertain an offer but the 330 I was after sold already so that changed my immediate plans. If you'd like to throw out an offer, pm me. Blue book on the car is quite a shame, it's actually much less than what I feel market value is on any higher mileage e46.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
ode2joy

Thanks everyone, I have received a few offers, a couple of which were good, but I've decided to keep the car a little longer. Still hoping an M54B30 and a 6 speed come my way.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
mcfunnymoney

Good luck! Nice car. I have found one and am hopefully buying it today. Ill send pics asap. Thanks again!