E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
Frankie330Ci

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330Ci
Cool Performance or Cosmetics for Spring...

HEY! As you all know, Spring is around the block. I recently just got a new job and looking to buy some goodies for the 330 to come out big in the spring. Trying to get a list of some mods, cosmetic and performance, to put on !

Current Set-Up on 01 330ci:

Front/Rear Dinan Sway Bars
Dinan Stage 1 Performance Software
Dinan Exhaust
K&N Cold Air Intake
Eibach Performance Pro Kit Lowering Springs

I currently have a CSL Front Bumper in my room waiting to be painted for the spring.
Also all maintenance is up to date and perfectly mint.
I have a 1000-1500$ budget, Help me out !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0051.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	489651   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7667-1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	489652   Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0049.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	489654   Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0009.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	489656  

Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0029.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	489658  
Frankie330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
k20z1 L

My Ride: 04 330ci
That's a pretty decent budget for a season... Are you painting it yourself or are you having a shop do it? The reason I mention it is because that should eliminate a few hundred from the budget. I like what you've done so far, unfortunately you've done the most popular so I don't really know what else to do that would be worthwhile.. At this stage it's hard to find mods that are worth the amount of money you'll pay for them. But I will suggest one thing - resurrect your headlight lenses.. Some sandpaper and water will do the trick! Sorry I couldn't help more
k20z1 L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
willsbma

My Ride: 99 323i
Projector fogs?

M3 spoiler?

ACS roof spoiler?

I have P.A. Soft and a 20-pin adapter. Only used it a few times but pm me if you need anything coded!
willsbma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
Frankie330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by k20z1 L View Post
That's a pretty decent budget for a season... Are you painting it yourself or are you having a shop do it? The reason I mention it is because that should eliminate a few hundred from the budget. I like what you've done so far, unfortunately you've done the most popular so I don't really know what else to do that would be worthwhile.. At this stage it's hard to find mods that are worth the amount of money you'll pay for them. But I will suggest one thing - resurrect your headlight lenses.. Some sandpaper and water will do the trick! Sorry I couldn't help more
Already on the to do list with the headlights and the budget has nothing to do with the painting of the bumper... thanks for the input though. good looking out !
Old 02-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
Frankie330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsbma View Post
Projector fogs?

M3 spoiler?

ACS roof spoiler?
I have a trunk lip, and that would be a nice little piece a roof spoiler, i keep overlooking it and throwing it to the side. adds another line on to the car. and with the csl bumper im putting on, there will be no fog lights :/
Old 02-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
willsbma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie330Ci View Post
I have a trunk lip, and that would be a nice little piece a roof spoiler, i keep overlooking it and throwing it to the side. adds another line on to the car. and with the csl bumper im putting on, there will be no fog lights :/
Yea, I didn't realize the no-fog-light thing, my bad. IMO, the roof spoilers really add an aggressive look to the car. I think that was my first actual "mod" and I've loved it ever since. I am looking into some new side skirts, maybe a set of those? I have seen them for around 2-300 and paint shouldn't be too bad, especially if you do the bumper and spoiler all at the same time. Food for thought...

I have P.A. Soft and a 20-pin adapter. Only used it a few times but pm me if you need anything coded!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
Frankie330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsbma View Post
Yea, I didn't realize the no-fog-light thing, my bad. IMO, the roof spoilers really add an aggressive look to the car. I think that was my first actual "mod" and I've loved it ever since. I am looking into some new side skirts, maybe a set of those? I have seen them for around 2-300 and paint shouldn't be too bad, especially if you do the bumper and spoiler all at the same time. Food for thought...
Very true my man, some of those roof spoilers can go for 200 bucks non painted !!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
How about a suspension upgrade? A nice set of Koni Yellows?

Last edited by TallSkinnyMatt; 02-06-2013 at 09:14 PM.
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #9
willsbma

Khoalty sells mtech side skirts for around 200, not sure of the fit but an inexpensive option.

Tags
cosmetic, non m, performance