E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #41
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
I don't gaf what anybody does with his dick. It isn't the sex. It's the hypocrisy.

.
Yeah and I just posted a quote from Bill saying the same crap, yet you don't care because you root for his team.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #42
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Yeah, we all know that the dems use family values as a cornerstone of their campaigns.

Quote:
Hypocrisy

"Family Values"
In Campaign, Gingrich Used "Family Values" Platform To Attack Female Opponent With Charge She Would Leave Her Husband Behind While In Washington. From Vanity Fair: "Another Gingrich theme in that campaign was moral leadership and family values. He drove the point home with an ad claiming that if Shapard were elected to Congress she would leave her husband, a local businessman, behind, while Gingrich would keep his family together. This issue was a subject of particular irony among the Shapard campaign staffers, where gossip about Gingrich's roving eye was widely believed and it was assumed that the Gingrich marriage was on the verge of breaking up. 'As the days dwindled down in the end of the campaign,' Shapard says, 'the campaign workers had an unofficial pool going on to see how long it would take him when he got to Washington to dump [Jackie.]'" [Vanity Fair, July 1989, via PBS.org]

•Meanwhile, Gingrich Used Wife He Had Cheated On To Write Letter Saying He Was A Family Man. As Salon explains: "Jackie Gingrich raised the daughters, worked to put Newt through graduate school and was a loyal political wife during his two unsuccessful campaigns for Congress in 1974 and 1976. In his make-or-break 1978 race, Gingrich enlisted Jackie to attack his female opponent, who had announced that if elected she would commute to Washington and allow her family to remain in Georgia. At Gingrich's instigation, Jackie wrote a campaign letter declaring that Newt was a fine husband and would take his family with him, although his top aides already knew Gingrich was having affairs and the marriage was falling apart." [Salon, 8/28/98]
Gingrich Presented First Wife With Divorce Terms "While She Was Recovering From Uterine Cancer" At A Hospital. According to Esquire: "At first, [Gingrich's second wife, Marianne Ginther,] had no idea that the wife he was divorcing was actually his high school geometry teacher, or that he went to the hospital to present her with divorce terms while she was recovering from uterine cancer and then fought the case so hard, Jackie had to get a court order just to pay her utility bills. Gingrich told her [Marianne] the story a little at a time, trusting her with things that nobody else knew - to this day, for example, the official story is that he started dating Jackie when he was eighteen and she was twenty-five. But he was really just sixteen, she [Marianne] says." [Esquire, 8/10/10]

While Married To Second Wife, Gingrich Carried On Six-Year Affair With Congressional Staffer. According to the New York Times: "Today, Ms. Bisek is Mrs. Gingrich, married for 11 years, but perhaps best remembered for the six-year affair that contributed to her husband's political downfall. His critics cast Mr. Gingrich, the former House speaker, as a hypocrite who sought to impeach a president over infidelity while engaging in it himself with Ms. Bisek, who was a Congressional aide." [New York Times, 5/9/11]

Gingrich Claimed His Infidelity Was "Partially Driven By How Passionately I Felt About This Country." Gingrich told the Christian Broadcasting Network's David Brody: "There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate. And what I can tell you is that when I did things that were wrong, I wasn't trapped in situation ethics, I was doing things that were wrong, and yet, I was doing them." [CBN, 3/8/11]

Gingrich Justified His Hypocrisy On Family Values: "People Need To Hear What I Have To Say." According to Esquire:

He'd just returned from Erie, Pennsylvania, where he'd given a speech full of high sentiments about compassion and family values.

The next night, they sat talking out on their back patio in Georgia. She [Marianne] said, "How do you give that speech and do what you're doing?"

"It doesn't matter what I do," he answered. "People need to hear what I have to say. There's no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn't matter what I live." [Esquire, 8/10/10]
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #43
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
so no rebuttal to Clinton talking about family values, gotcha.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #44
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Why do i need a rebuttal?

Democrats don't claim to be the "Family Values" party.
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #45
B_Cyrus
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yarmouk, Syria Valentine: Kushy
Posts: 9,438
My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
A problem that plagues neighborhoods and communities should now be a federal issue? Talk about stripping states of their rights.
I'm not sure if this has been said yet, but once the issues cross into multiple states and countries, it becomes a federal issue.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #46
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Gangs have been a huge violence and gun problem for a century. Every POTUS for the last 100 years "should start with Gangs".

It was really only tried once with even minor success in reduction of the problem. Can you say J. Edgar. But, it also entailed huge violations of constitutional rights and a conservative wanna-be drag queen at the top of the FBI running the show.

Perhaps that is the model Chase favors, if he really wants something done about the gang "problem". I don't wanna why he would.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #47
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,328
My Ride: JDM
Therefore we should do nothing about gangs?
__________________
choxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #48
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Therefore we should do nothing about gangs?
What have we "done" about gangs in the last 100 years that has been effective? Plenty of things have been tried and re-tried. Its like the "drug war" we have flushed away billions on. Accept that they exist, and that gang violence and dope are part of the social fabric of our nation. Continue to pursue them as one does crime in general. But, to think that "something has to be done about the gang problem" is just a foolish pursuit. History has proven it to be true. Do I wish it was not the case, sure. I lived and worked in some fairly gang heavy areas, it is not always...pleasant, shall we say. But, it is reality.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #49
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,328
My Ride: JDM
Foolish? Yeah, in today's p*ssified society it is foolish.
__________________
choxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #50
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Therefore we should do nothing about gangs?
Death penalty for a gang affiliated violent offense and life in prison for gang related ANY offense. That will start cleaning the mess up.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #51
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Death penalty for a gang affiliated violent offense and life in prison for gang related ANY offense. That will start cleaning the mess up.
No it won't. Look at how difficult it is to prove RICO, now you want to try and do this with smaller fish. Comical. Goes to show that you know little to nothing about gangs and gang culture.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #52
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
No it won't. Look at how difficult it is to prove RICO, now you want to try and do this with smaller fish. Comical. Goes to show that you know little to nothing about gangs and gang culture.
Calm your feathers. It was simply a comical remark. I dont expect our justice system to put gang members to death for violent robberies, etc. It was a "dare to dream" comment. Its friday, don't you guys relax for the weekend? Sheesh.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #53
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Calm your feathers. It was simply a comical remark. I dont expect our justice system to put gang members to death for violent robberies, etc. It was a "dare to dream" comment. Its friday, don't you guys relax for the weekend? Sheesh.
My apologizes. I have heard that "solution" from staunch conservatives before, during some of the Crip/Blood turf wars, and they were not trying to be comical.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #54
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 100
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Sure, of course, start with the gangs, but don't end with them. They should comprise a big part of a comprehensive approach to reducing gun violence, one that would also include enhanced gun regulations too.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #55
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Sure, of course, start with the gangs, but don't end with them. They should comprise a big part of a comprehensive approach to reducing gun violence, one that would also include enhanced gun regulations too.
Unless you can make all the guns disappear, regulations will do nothing in regards to gang violence.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #56
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 100
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Of course all the guns won't go away, no human effort is perfectly successful. However, if it makes enough guns go away to significantly decrease the gun violence rate and save lives, then I'd find that sufficient enough.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #57
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Of course all the guns won't go away, no human effort is perfectly successful. However, if it makes enough guns go away to significantly decrease the gun violence rate and save lives, then I'd find that sufficient enough.
We have far more dangerous things to focus on, gun deaths are relatively rare in comparison
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #58
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Of course all the guns won't go away, no human effort is perfectly successful. However, if it makes enough guns go away to significantly decrease the gun violence rate and save lives, then I'd find that sufficient enough.
Give me a single shred of evidence, including LOGIC, that would even remotely work. I will spare you the statistics.....how is it going to decrease gun CRIME?
Tell me, how much cocaine is grown in the US? Heroin? How's that ban goin?

This country has a PC problem. It has a MINORITY problem. It has a brown people problem. It has a deadbeats having kids problem. It has a prison system problem, it has a corrupt libtard judge problem, and it has the pvssification of America problem....guns are as much the problem of any crime as charmin extra soft.
__________________

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-10-2013 at 08:56 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #59
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Of course all the guns won't go away, no human effort is perfectly successful. However, if it makes enough guns go away to significantly decrease the gun violence rate and save lives, then I'd find that sufficient enough.
Death is a part of life and exists everywhere. Embrace it. If that's the case increase regulations and laws on driving, operating machinery, flying in a plane, boating, etc. There are plenty of ways to die. I wouldn't be surprised if death by a firearm ranks pretty low on that list.

You sound fearful of the unknown.
__________________
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #60
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 510
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Give me a single shred of evidence, including LOGIC, that would even remotely work. I will spare you the statistics.....how is it going to decrease gun CRIME?
Tell me, how much cocaine is grown in the US? Heroin? How's that ban goin?

This country has a PC problem. It has a MINORITY problem. It has a brown people problem. It has a deadbeats having kids problem. It has a prison system problem, it has a corrupt libtard judge problem, and it has the pvssification of America problem....guns are as much the problem of any crime as charmin extra soft.
Logic as defined by your window licking mindset?

The bolded part just makes you look like the ignorant pos you are. You are also a pvssy. So you yourself are contributing to the pvssification of the USoA.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use