E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #4761
RonnieRenaldi
MPRESIV
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Denver Metro
Posts: 3,936
My Ride: Dinan Supercharged M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02m3csl325 View Post
Our beautiful little angel Kaelynn Noel, 8.12lbs and 21.5", born at 12:03pm on 01/18/13.
Congrats!
RonnieRenaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #4762
Roland H
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Golden, Colorado
Posts: 438
My Ride: 1997 BMW M3 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by c00gi View Post
hey anyone know of someone selling a cheap car? under 2k and 4drs. totaled my 330 and need something just to get around for now. on a side note i have a dinan strut bar for sale 200. i know it fits coupes not sure about 4drs. also have a mtech 5sp shift knob, some tools from the tool kit and a brand new aux port that fits in the oem radio. make offers if interested.
I've got a volvo wagon for $3500 in a few weeks.
__________________
-Roland
Need work done on your car? PM ME.
Roland H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #4763
terdwrassler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 142
My Ride: 2002 330XI
Has anyone used that DIY place in Westminster? I'm thinking of reserving a lift tomorrow to do my front cv axle.
terdwrassler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:02 AM   #4764
PEZi720
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pikes Peak
Posts: 579
My Ride: PPIHC Racecars
Roland is still up in this thing? Hai.. I'm not new... just not around a lot
__________________
PEZi720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:03 AM   #4765
Richaraiza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Leesville, LA
Posts: 2,153
My Ride: TS2+ 330ci, 135i
Send a message via AIM to Richaraiza Send a message via Yahoo to Richaraiza Send a message via Skype™ to Richaraiza
CONGRATS RYAN!

I think Garrett might still have his ARC-8 wheels? IIRC, he had hyper black. But its been two years since I've moved.
__________________
-Richard Araiza - EVO 3 SSK - D-FORCES - TC KLINES - LINEA CORSA Z2'S - ORION V2'S - ARGUAY LIP(R.I.P.) -
- ESS TS2+ - SS HEADERS - JB FLYWHEEL/CLUTCH - CF TRUNK - O.Z. ALLEGGERITA'S - CUSTOM EXHAUST - 3.23 LSD DIFFS ONLINE-
And much more...
Richaraiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #4766
02m3csl325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 2,140
My Ride: is Stage 2 AWD!
Thanks guys! She is amazing but being a dad is beyond exhausting.

And speaking of wheels, picked up my new summer set of BBS's vs the old Rota's;

__________________

Last edited by 02m3csl325; 02-08-2013 at 04:21 PM.
02m3csl325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #4767
T330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY; STL
Posts: 12,702
My Ride: X5
Send a message via AIM to T330
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02m3csl325 View Post
Our beautiful little angel Kaelynn Noel, 8.12lbs and 21.5", born at 12:03pm on 01/18/13.
Congrats Ryan!
__________________
T330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #4768
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,036
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Hey Denver/Colorado Fanatics! I'm from KC so usually I'm over in the Kansas thread, but I thought I'd post up here and say hi.

I'm a senior in high school and I'm contemplating where I will go to college. Right now my top two choices (where I've been accepted and all) are The University of Denver and Colorado State University. I intend to pursue an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering and maybe some day add an MBA on top of that. or something. I don't really know lol.

Anybody have any comments or thoughts about DU or CSU? I know they're pretty different schools, but I also know I would be happy at either. My family and I are driving out to Ft. Collins next week to visit and talk to some people, and then down to Denver to do the same.

Maybe I'll meet some of you guys this fall

Last edited by Andy2108; 02-10-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #4769
da Vinci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 174
My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
Hi Andy,
http://www.engr.colostate.edu/ramrac...News/News.html
http://www.facebook.com/ColoradoStateFormulaSAE
This great bunch of guys come out to the SCCA autocross events regularly. That alone would have me sold. I have no other opinion.
__________________

Click here for my Build Thread
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

da Vinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #4770
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,036
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by da Vinci View Post
Hi Andy,
http://www.engr.colostate.edu/ramrac...News/News.html
http://www.facebook.com/ColoradoStateFormulaSAE
This great bunch of guys come out to the SCCA autocross events regularly. That alone would have me sold. I have no other opinion.
That's good to hear. I've known about FSAE for years. For a while there was no doubt in my mind that I would want to participate on the team at my school.

DU doesn't have a team. Actually engineering at DU is much, much, much smaller than at CSU -- from what I can tell right now. I'll have better numbers once I get some face time with some professors. This is what I was saying about the two schools being very different. CSU is a "big state school" while DU is a "small private school." I have also been accepted to KU and The University of Tulsa, but I would rather go to the Colorado schools
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #4771
trj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,924
My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Hey Denver/Colorado Fanatics! I'm from KC so usually I'm over in the Kansas thread, but I thought I'd post up here and say hi.

I'm a senior in high school and I'm contemplating where I will go to college. Right now my top two choices (where I've been accepted and all) are The University of Denver and Colorado State University. I intend to pursue an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering and maybe some day add an MBA on top of that. or something. I don't really know lol.

Anybody have any comments or thoughts about DU or CSU? I know they're pretty different schools, but I also know I would be happy at either. My family and I are driving out to Ft. Collins next week to visit and talk to some people, and then down to Denver to do the same.

Maybe I'll meet some of you guys this fall
You will like Colorado a lot.
I go to CU for my masters in engineering, I am taking a break this semester though.

I think it will be better if you go to CSU or CU boulder if you are looking for mechanical engineering. CU Denver is not very organized in terms of administration and faculty. Worst is my school, school of computer science and engineering. They have created so many blunders because of ever changing rules and lack of communication with the administration.

School of mines is the best for an engineering student I'd say.

Good luck.

Edit: for masters degree I'd definitely say DU hands down. Their business school is one of the top and very good environment to study there.
__________________

Last edited by trj; 02-11-2013 at 10:49 AM.
trj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #4772
fsmtnbiker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 7
My Ride: 97 M3
I'm at CSU in the ME program. Let me know if you have any specific questions... Overall it's a pretty good program. Just be prepared for a lot of work, especially sophomore/junior years.

Also, Fort Collins is an awesome town. Especially once you're 21.

Last edited by fsmtnbiker; 02-11-2013 at 11:35 AM.
fsmtnbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #4773
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,036
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
You will like Colorado a lot.
I go to CU for my masters in engineering, I am taking a break this semester though.

I think it will be better if you go to CSU or CU boulder if you are looking for mechanical engineering. CU Denver is not very organized in terms of administration and faculty. Worst is my school, school of computer science and engineering. They have created so many blunders because of ever changing rules and lack of communication with the administration.

School of mines is the best for an engineering student I'd say.

Good luck.

Edit: for masters degree I'd definitely say DU hands down. Their business school is one of the top and very good environment to study there.
Yeah I think so too! There are no fun roads in Kansas... btw how much power does an M3 loose at 5,000 ft?

Right now my focus is undergrad ME. It's nice to keep in mind that DU has good graduate studies, but I probably shouldn't let that influence my undergrad decision too much. My biggest concern with DU is the size of the program. It seems like ME at CSU is much more substantial and therefore will have the labs, equipment, toys, extra stuff, blah blah whatever. Versus DU might have the basics but beyond that

I know mines is better but I still don't know how I feel about a predominantly engineering (and guys) school. Also, I haven't applied there and even if I did idk if I would get in. I have actually driven through Golden and formally visited CU Boulder and CSU. I have only a month or two until I have to make my decision so that's why we're driving out this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
I'm at CSU in the ME program. Let me know if you have any specific questions... Overall it's a pretty good program. Just be prepared for a lot of work, especially sophomore/junior years.

Also, Fort Collins is an awesome town. Especially once you're 21.
What year are you?

Ft. Collins is honestly a big plus for CSU. I like the college town thing. Plus that foothills campus and all. I'm old so I'll turn 21 during the second half of my sophomore semester.

Currently I've been going to a (supposedly, it's what they tell me) very challenging college-prep high school. I'd like to think that I'll be ready for lots of work. I understand that that's what college is about though.

My main cons for CSU are just the classic big state school stuff. Class size / individual attention / getting help.

I need to make sure that I'm convinced that CSU is worth it over KU. They're both fairly similar as far as I can tell, I haven't compared them directly enough yet. KU would be way cheaper and 45 mins from home instead of 10 hours. Big difference in an M3 on 600lb/in linear springs

You might be able to answer this question: DU is in Denver which is a huge economic center, but what about CSU? How available/good are Co-op, internship, and ultimately job offers for CSU kids?



Thanks for the help so far guys. I really value your input. Sorry for intruding so badly in the thread!
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #4774
trj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,924
My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Yeah I think so too! There are no fun roads in Kansas... btw how much power does an M3 loose at 5,000 ft?

Right now my focus is undergrad ME. It's nice to keep in mind that DU has good graduate studies, but I probably shouldn't let that influence my undergrad decision too much. My biggest concern with DU is the size of the program. It seems like ME at CSU is much more substantial and therefore will have the labs, equipment, toys, extra stuff, blah blah whatever. Versus DU might have the basics but beyond that

I know mines is better but I still don't know how I feel about a predominantly engineering (and guys) school. Also, I haven't applied there and even if I did idk if I would get in. I have actually driven through Golden and formally visited CU Boulder and CSU. I have only a month or two until I have to make my decision so that's why we're driving out this week.
Yah, I drove to Kansas from Denver once and I will never do that in my lifetime. Such a boring drive. This time I flew. When my friends visit me from Kansas they get really excited with the mountains and roads here. I take them to Pikes peak, independence pass, Mt. Evans, georgetown lake(to fish). They usually visit in summer. So, its more fun driving.

Dont put DU in your mind now. I had thought of many schools before doing my BE in Computer Science. But after completing my BE and working for a couple of years my perspective of schools changed. Hence, joined CU Denver. Its a nice school and good teachers and all that good stuff. But as I mentioned earlier the communication between the faculty board and management/administration is terrible. Head of the Department will tell you one thing and the admin head will tell you other. Also, being a big school in the city(3 schools in the same campus and courses are often cross-taught within) the teachers are hard to get hold of.

I mentioned DU because you mentioned MBA.
If you are considering a good internship, then mines is the best. Thats where(predominant technical schools) the big players come in looking for fresh talent.

Consider having Regis University in your list? I dont know how their Engineering programs are, I had a couple of friends who did MBA and MSc from there.

I can tell you about DU and CU Denver. My fiancÚ went to DU and I go to CU. I believe terdwrassler goes to CU for Mechanical Engineering as well. PM him.

Someone was asking about the tune a couple of pages ago about the tune for M3 in Denver. May be he can tell you more about it.
__________________
trj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #4775
docwyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,113
My Ride: '89 944 Turbo
You need to manage your debt. You need to manage your debt. You need to manage your debt!

What I mean is, go to the cheapest school you can for undergrad! A ME degree from DU will get you the exact same job as one from CSU, for the exact same pay, except you'll be drowning under a mountain of debt from DU. (Unless you get a full ride, or have exceptionally nice parents)

For your MBA, your job prospects are very much tied to what program you graduate from. Unless you end up in a top tier program, like an Ivy League school, Stanford, Univ of Chicago, etc, it's not worth spending the cash to go to a second tier, private school. At that point, go to the cheapest program you can find. The big companies are going to recruit out of the top ten schools (Ivy's) and pretty much ignore the rest.

Don't put yourself in a hole financially before you even get started.
__________________
'89 Porsche 944 Turbo LS1 475hp track beast
'03 Audi allroad 475awhp daily driver
'03 BMW F650GS Dakar

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/signaturepics/sigpic14767_1.gif
docwyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #4776
Cazz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 482
My Ride: 2005 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwyte View Post
You need to manage your debt. You need to manage your debt. You need to manage your debt!

What I mean is, go to the cheapest school you can for undergrad! A ME degree from DU will get you the exact same job as one from CSU, for the exact same pay, except you'll be drowning under a mountain of debt from DU. (Unless you get a full ride, or have exceptionally nice parents)

For your MBA, your job prospects are very much tied to what program you graduate from. Unless you end up in a top tier program, like an Ivy League school, Stanford, Univ of Chicago, etc, it's not worth spending the cash to go to a second tier, private school. At that point, go to the cheapest program you can find. The big companies are going to recruit out of the top ten schools (Ivy's) and pretty much ignore the rest.

Don't put yourself in a hole financially before you even get started.
Truth
Cazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #4777
trj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,924
My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwyte View Post
You need to manage your debt. You need to manage your debt. You need to manage your debt!

What I mean is, go to the cheapest school you can for undergrad! A ME degree from DU will get you the exact same job as one from CSU, for the exact same pay, except you'll be drowning under a mountain of debt from DU. (Unless you get a full ride, or have exceptionally nice parents)

For your MBA, your job prospects are very much tied to what program you graduate from. Unless you end up in a top tier program, like an Ivy League school, Stanford, Univ of Chicago, etc, it's not worth spending the cash to go to a second tier, private school. At that point, go to the cheapest program you can find. The big companies are going to recruit out of the top ten schools (Ivy's) and pretty much ignore the rest.

Don't put yourself in a hole financially before you even get started.
Well said.

Schools doesnt matter, but go to a school where you will be in less trouble because of someone else's fault.
Example: UC Denver.
I was told to do a 2 classes of pre-requisite courses after completing my Masters Classes. And they are offered only in Fall. So, I have to wait till next semester to do my undergrad classes after all my classes are done. I was never informed before, until I signed up for Graduation. I get an email from the assistant Dean saying I wont be able to graduate, at the last moment.
They seem to care less about students once they enroll to the program. So, here I am, a living example of idiotic communication between the administration and the department. The department says, I can graduate but the registrar's office says I cant. WTF?

And they let go of the professors because they aside with the students. I have seen 3 such cases, within 3 years in the school where the professors were fired because they seem to disagree with the Chair of the department and administration.

Make a wise choice. Talk to people who go the University and then decide. Dont worry about whether it will be a college town or Downtown. You will make friends everywhere and you can have fun in any college. But you dont want to be in trouble because of a stupid administration.
__________________
trj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #4778
fsmtnbiker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 7
My Ride: 97 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
What year are you?

Ft. Collins is honestly a big plus for CSU. I like the college town thing. Plus that foothills campus and all. I'm old so I'll turn 21 during the second half of my sophomore semester.

Currently I've been going to a (supposedly, it's what they tell me) very challenging college-prep high school. I'd like to think that I'll be ready for lots of work. I understand that that's what college is about though.

My main cons for CSU are just the classic big state school stuff. Class size / individual attention / getting help.

I need to make sure that I'm convinced that CSU is worth it over KU. They're both fairly similar as far as I can tell, I haven't compared them directly enough yet. KU would be way cheaper and 45 mins from home instead of 10 hours. Big difference in an M3 on 600lb/in linear springs

You might be able to answer this question: DU is in Denver which is a huge economic center, but what about CSU? How available/good are Co-op, internship, and ultimately job offers for CSU kids?
I'm a Junior (I'm even older than you... I've been in/out of school a few times.)

There are tons of internships available. We just had our spring job fair and there were 50+ companies hiring for engineers. If you do well (3.0+ gpa) you will have an internship no problem. There are a few companies in FoCo that hire engineers and more in Denver.

Worth it over going to KU? Can't answer that one. Colorado over Kansas? uh... yeah. duh.

The roads here aren't awful. I daily'd my E36 on 680/800 for several years.
fsmtnbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:45 PM   #4779
terdwrassler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 142
My Ride: 2002 330XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Yeah I think so too! There are no fun roads in Kansas... btw how much power does an M3 loose at 5,000 ft?

Right now my focus is undergrad ME. It's nice to keep in mind that DU has good graduate studies, but I probably shouldn't let that influence my undergrad decision too much. My biggest concern with DU is the size of the program. It seems like ME at CSU is much more substantial and therefore will have the labs, equipment, toys, extra stuff, blah blah whatever. Versus DU might have the basics but beyond that

I know mines is better but I still don't know how I feel about a predominantly engineering (and guys) school. Also, I haven't applied there and even if I did idk if I would get in. I have actually driven through Golden and formally visited CU Boulder and CSU. I have only a month or two until I have to make my decision so that's why we're driving out this week.



What year are you?

Ft. Collins is honestly a big plus for CSU. I like the college town thing. Plus that foothills campus and all. I'm old so I'll turn 21 during the second half of my sophomore semester.

Currently I've been going to a (supposedly, it's what they tell me) very challenging college-prep high school. I'd like to think that I'll be ready for lots of work. I understand that that's what college is about though.

My main cons for CSU are just the classic big state school stuff. Class size / individual attention / getting help.

I need to make sure that I'm convinced that CSU is worth it over KU. They're both fairly similar as far as I can tell, I haven't compared them directly enough yet. KU would be way cheaper and 45 mins from home instead of 10 hours. Big difference in an M3 on 600lb/in linear springs

You might be able to answer this question: DU is in Denver which is a huge economic center, but what about CSU? How available/good are Co-op, internship, and ultimately job offers for CSU kids?



Thanks for the help so far guys. I really value your input. Sorry for intruding so badly in the thread!
I'm at CU - Denver for ME and looking back money was the biggest factor in deciding where I go. Graduating with tons of debt and a job market that isn't all that great is a scary thing. If you're worried about the class size I don't think that's really an issue. Your biggest classes will be pre-reqs and then once you get into the major specific core classes they will thin out significantly. I really like it at CU-Denver because it's urban and I like the fact that there are 60k people on Auraria's campus during the week. This means lots of females my friend. I went to a 20k+ undergrad SEC school back home and it was just too rural and basically one huge party as that's all there really is to do in the downtime. I find concentration and getting my work done easier here downtown. If I can just offer a few words of advice from my experience I'd say budget hardcore and take school seriously. Go to class man, that can easily change your grades for the better. I don't know how you are on scholarships but in-state tuition is cheapest at CSU and UC schools. They are only about 6k and I think Mine's is around 10k. A degree from any university in Colorado will look just about the same as the other, the only difference is the price you will pay to get there.

Last edited by terdwrassler; 02-14-2013 at 11:46 PM.
terdwrassler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #4780
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,036
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Thanks for all the advise everyone.

I spent all day at CSU yesterday and all day at DU today. I don't think my opinion changed too much to be honest. Neither school is too hard to "figure out" and I already knew a decent amount about the schools going in. I learned alot of details about the individual programs, housing, exact numbers in the departments, ect. Like I said earlier, I would be happy at either, but I have to make up my mind eventually

I'll definitely be in contact if I have any more specific questions.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bmw exberts, colorado, denver, fifi, gaga ooh-la-la, kitty puuuuury, mile hi, more than you can afford, rolf, saint louis!, spee, steven was huuuurrr, steven's a girl eepsspee, toolberts, trebdesumanu, tuuuuuuuuuuuurbo awd?, vtec power

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use