E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 11:25 PM   #101
setra

My Ride: BMW M3-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnpatrol53 View Post
Apex is legit! Have a set of those wheels myself. Great car, I hope I can do something like this myself one day.
Thanks!
Apex is very legit, I love their wheels!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:41 AM   #102
setra

Time for a update.
It's winter in Norway, and that means less driving time and more garrage time.
ESS tuning used my car to make a new upgrade to my supercharger kit. This kit is called VT2-575, and is suppose to make 575 crank hp.
Turned out to be make about 630hp instead. Here's a dyno chart and a picture from when it was strapped to the dyno.

There's one thing i've really been missing on my car. That's a rear wing. The more i've thought about it, the more incomplete the car has looked to me. So now i've stepped up and ordered a "Elite wing" from Brooks Motorsport. The wing is suppose to ship within next week, and I must say i'm quite excited about this part. It's looks pretty much like the one in this picture.

During last season I experienced some fuel starvation problems in right hand corners. Starting from about 1/4 of full tank. To be able to save some weight by running less fuel, i've ordered a fuel starvation kit from Bimmerworld. What this kit does, is ad a second fuel pump that pumps fuel over to the part of the fuel tank that the original fuel pump sits. Hopefully this will work.

I've also ordered this roof vent to help out with cabin temperatur.

Well, that's about it. I might end up ordering a set of stiffer spring for my intrax suspension, but i've yet to decide.
I'll post more pictures after the new parts has arrived.

Last edited by setra; 02-10-2013 at 02:53 AM.
setra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:29 AM   #103
vassilisvot

My Ride: E46 Convertible
Send a message via MSN to vassilisvot
Sick sick sick...Jesus super star...
Old 02-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #104
Levim9

My Ride: S54 325i
Love this build thread setra! I'm curious to hear how the Setrab oil cooler is performing vs the VAC cooler. I don't like how low my oem m3 cooler is mounted and have been considering a Setrab that I can mount somewhere up front. Also is there a model number or certain dimensions for the setrab that I should be looking for to meet the S54s cooling needs? I understand the hoses should be upgraded so I'd probably get the TMS oil cooler line fitting kit so I can run braided steel hoses with AN fittings. Thanks!

Slicktop - S54 - 6MT - 3.62 LSD - Active Tuned - JVT Headers - TMS Tracksport Coils - Hotchkis M3 Swaybars (IG - LEVIM9)
Levim9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #105
setra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black E46 sedan View Post
Love this build thread setra! I'm curious to hear how the Setrab oil cooler is performing vs the VAC cooler. I don't like how low my oem m3 cooler is mounted and have been considering a Setrab that I can mount somewhere up front. Also is there a model number or certain dimensions for the setrab that I should be looking for to meet the S54s cooling needs? I understand the hoses should be upgraded so I'd probably get the TMS oil cooler line fitting kit so I can run braided steel hoses with AN fittings. Thanks!
Thanks!
I'm a bit curious as well. The VAC cooler didn't help much versus the oem cooler, so i'm hoping that the setrab cooler will do a better job.
The TMS kit is a good solution. I ended up with a similar VAC kit, and it works great.
I ended up with AN10 fittings and lines. They are very close to the inner diameter of the oem lines. I've only tested the new setup on the dyno, but so far it looks good. Don't have a part nummber or size for the Setrab cooler i use, but i can check sometime during next week and send you a PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #106
Levim9

My Ride: S54 325i
Nice, I didn't know VAC had an adapter kit as well. I'll check out their site. I'd really appreciate that if you send me a PM, no rush though. I just want to make sure I buy the correct setrab cooler the first time. Thanks for the quick reply and we enjoy your updates!

Slicktop - S54 - 6MT - 3.62 LSD - Active Tuned - JVT Headers - TMS Tracksport Coils - Hotchkis M3 Swaybars (IG - LEVIM9)
Levim9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #107
setra

Okay. A little update.
Got a sweet package from Intrax. New springs with the rate of 400lbs front and 200 lbs rear. Had 260lbs front and 130lbs rear before.
Here's a picture.

Also installed the fuel starvation kit from Bimmerworld. Didn't take any pictures during the install, but here's a picture of the top of the new fuel pump. What you see is the new line that goes to the original fuel pump. Sorry for the bad pic.

Here's a picture of the new oil lines that goes to the oil cooler. Hopefully they will keep the flow better then the ones I had before.

Got the roof scoop installed.

The Brooks Elite wing arrived the other day. Must say I'm impressed with how it looks. I'm not sure if the boot lid will hold the force that it creates, so I think i'm going to reinforce it a bit before testing it on track.

Detailed it today, and snapped a couple of pictures.

I'll get a new livery at the end of this week. I'm pretty siked about it, and i'll take a bounch of pics when it's done.
This years first test is next weekend. Very much looking forward to it.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #108
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Would it constrict your view to put that peebee decal from the hood onto the windshield? It's bugging me bad and looks so out of place imo on the hood.

Just my opinion though

Amazing car
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #109
///Mostarac

My Ride: SiennaE46 & Cbr600rr
Per-Fucking-fection.
///Mostarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #110
boatshoe

My Ride: '03 330xi
That thing looks like a blast.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #111
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
beasty...love this tread
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #112
setra

Thanks boys!

Installed a FIA approved fire extinguisher just behind the passanger seat.

Changed the wire that goes to the main battery switch, also got a new battery switch sticker..

Reinforced the trunk in a couple of places so i'm sure that it can cope with the forces the elite wing creates.

And changed the diff oil.

Now the car is loaded on the trailer, ready to get it's new livery tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #113
KrasivataSabine

My Ride: 323Ci
Looking froward to it!

#BattleBimmer #323RS
KrasivataSabine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #114
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
I love fun build threads.

Awesome car!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #115
setra

Thanks guys!

Here's a couple of "on track" photo's from this weekend.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #116
E46 Coupe

My Ride: Rules1 & 2: S T F U!
Holy RACE CAR Batman!
Old 05-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #117
setra

Here are some highligts from last weekend season opening in the Norwegian GT series.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #118
dr1v3n

My Ride: M3, F250
I didnt see that bumper for sale on peebee's website, where can you find it?
Old 05-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #119
e30mike

My Ride: 325i
Awesome updates, love the new livery!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #120
BurgundyM3

Location: Nuits-Saint-Georges, France (From SF Bay Area - CALI)
My Ride: E46 M3/E39 M5
such a brilliant piece of kit! keep us all posted of anymore updates as they come in.
BurgundyM3 is offline   Reply With Quote