E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #21
bmwm330cie46

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiandflores View Post
oh i see, i forgot to mention something. im using DDM ballasts 35watts from my previous HID's along with ebay projectors and h3c bulbs. the links listed bellow is pretty much my setup

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Re...nt-HID-Ballast
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=4125

heres some pics showing the foglights on and to compare reflectors vs no fogs vs projectors. mines the one on the right btw, still havent updated signature since i bought it

that looks great . and great idea . is it hard to figure out how to put the oem fog housing over the projectors
bmwm330cie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #22
bmwm330cie46

Quote:
Yes. If you plan to use them as driving lights. OEM are reflectors designed for fog. You lose the fog lights ability a little. I went ahead and did it because we get very little fog in sandiego. But it's better because the light stays on the road instead of reflecting upwards, giving you dryer visibility and reducing glare onto oncoming traffic. On my set up I reused the OEM housing, so it almost looks stock when it's off. Plus the glass protects the lens.
i wish u had some close up pic and pic of every step . but im deff doing same

Last edited by bmwm330cie46; 02-12-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #23
christiandflores

My Ride: BMW M3 E46
i can take more tommorrow. its easy to set up. theres already ironically a few markings on the inside spot where you should drill. the only thing you need are some bolts from your local hardwarestore.

post # 31 has a pic and more info excactly how he did it. thats what i based mine on

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...or+fogs&page=2
christiandflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #24
bmwm330cie46

Quote:
i can take more tommorrow. Its easy to set up. Theres already ironically a few markings on the inside spot where you should drill. The only thing you need are some bolts from your local hardwarestore.

Post # 31 has a pic and more info excactly how he did it. Thats what i based mine on

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...or+fogs&page=2
that all good info ur great help . Is it posible to make my high beams hid . And are there projector replacment 5000k bolbs or do i have to get a new hid kit for that
Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #25
christiandflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm330cie46 View Post
that all good info ur great help . Is it posible to make my high beams hid . And are there projector replacment 5000k bolbs or do i have to get a new hid kit for that
you could make the high beams HID, easy as sticking an H7 bulb with a ballast on each side, but i wouldn't recommend it. you will lose the ability to flash your lights because flashing HID's reduces their life.

Heres what did on my car. i had had it coded. Now my fog lights are always on even if i flash the high beams or leave them on. i made it so flashing my high works like regular, with the exception of foglights staying on. but when i switch the stalk foward my bi xenon go into high beam mode and my halogens go into highbeam mode. so essentially i can drive with 4 high beams, fog lights, and bright as heck angel eyes. Believe me i can't see any reason for needing to spend more money on light, everyone who's seen them think they're almost too bright.

quad xenon projector diy
http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=595110
Old 02-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #26
Mf3st

My Ride: e46M3
8K headlights and green projectors sorry to ask but what nationality are u?
Old 02-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #27
christiandflores

low beams xenon, halogen highbeams off, no fogslights on

high beam xeonon on, high beam halogen on, foglights on.

the bottom has a slight tint of blue because i was too impatient wait a couple minutes to let the foglights reach the correct color. but in reality the colors are a perfect match. Same camera settings and editing was used. what you see in the pics is pretty much the same thing in person, no exageration, the car's front was about half a foot behind the camera just to give you a perspective. distance wise that lightpole is about 5 huge ass houses down the street.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #28
bmwm330cie46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf3st View Post
8K headlights and green projectors sorry to ask but what nationality are u?
lol im going for all 5000k 50w now dont want to look ricey its not a civic lol
Old 02-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #29
bmwm330cie46

Quote:
low beams xenon, halogen highbeams off, no fogslights on

high beam xeonon on, high beam halogen on, foglights on.

the bottom has a slight tint of blue because i was too impatient wait a couple minutes to let the foglights reach the correct color. but in reality the colors are a perfect match. Same camera settings and editing was used. what you see in the pics is pretty much the same thing in person, no exageration, the car's front was about half a foot behind the camera just to give you a perspective. distance wise that lightpole is about 5 huge ass houses down the street.
now that is awesome defiantly going with all these pro custom ideas u giving me sweet
Old 02-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #30
Mf3st

My Ride: e46M3
good choice
Old 05-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #31
jizzzoe

My Ride: is no longer E46 :(
Send a message via Yahoo to jizzzoe
Quote:
.... i had had it coded. Now my fog lights are always on even if i flash the high beams or leave them on. i made it so flashing my high works like regular, with the exception of foglights staying on. but when i switch the stalk foward my bi xenon go into high beam mode and my halogens go into highbeam mode...
How do you code this?

My Steel Gray '03 330Ci... I miss you, baby!
MODS: Purely aesthetic… Shadowlined, Smoked and LED'd out!
jizzzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #32
christiandflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizzzoe View Post
How do you code this?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJyaz_QG#gid=0

this link has a list of all parameters you can change

it is 520 on that list. and you want it set to not active, to enable the feature
Old 05-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #33
jizzzoe

My Ride: is no longer E46 :(
Send a message via Yahoo to jizzzoe
I don't suppose I can do this with BMW Scanner, can I? Do I have to have NCS Expert or something?

My Steel Gray '03 330Ci... I miss you, baby!
MODS: Purely aesthetic… Shadowlined, Smoked and LED'd out!
jizzzoe is offline   Reply With Quote