E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
esberelias

My Ride: '03 325i
Eonon D5113 NO SIGNAL GPS

Hey guys

Recently installed chinese HU from Eonon in my e46, model D5113... I'd give the unit overall 7/10 but anyways, Not too long ago I started using iGO Primo instead of Sygic that came with it and everything was working great.

Today I was driving and had the GPS set up to an address and once I arrived at my destination, a menu came up and said Turn off Device now on the screen and I accidentally hit it (usually just leave it alone or go back to my iPod interface)... Now every time I try to go into the Navi/GPS i get a black screen with NO SIGNAL in the center and PIP bar up top.

I turned off the unit, pressed the reset button, took out fuses, took out SD card and still no luck :'(

I'm guessing I must of corrupted a system file in the win CE section of the deck

Was wondering if anyone has had that problem and how you ended up fixing it?

I emailed the company but they are closed on weekends

found a few thread online with same problem but never an answer for a fix

any help or ideas I can try would be greatly appreciated

Check out my ride
esberelias is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
r2t2

My Ride: '01 330i '06 M3
Check out the Enco 146 thread... Go to post #270. You're basically doing a quick lobotomy on the unit and you may have to do it more than once.
'08 Kawasaki Concours C14
r2t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #3
esberelias

Sweet! I pulled both the fuses earlier on this evening and left them out for the night!

in hopes that this will fix it by the morning (fingers crossed) thanks for the tip!

Check out my ride
Old 12-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
haurelio

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
disconnect the car's battery..it will reset everything..

Also can code your car
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
esberelias

Took out fuse 7 & 41 over night worked

Thanks for the heads up fellas

Check out my ride
Old 12-30-2012, 05:31 AM   #6
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by esberelias View Post
Took out fuse 7 & 41 over night worked

Thanks for the heads up fellas
you have learnt the hard way as did i about one of primos dark little secrets,you can turn off that option to shutdown on completion of route,it surely crashes any unit to the point of needing a hard reset(i disconnected battery to fix), the first time it happened to me i thought my unit was stuffed too!, if you have dimka skin installed in primo you can disable that nasty in "extra settings"
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
esberelias

I'm just glad it didn't work corrupt anything.

I gotta go through the setting again and see if I can turn off extra setting. That would be nice. I'm not sure what skin's installed I just changed the boot up screens to a BMW navigation logo

Check out my ride
Old 02-13-2013, 06:06 AM   #8
BMW E46_slo

My Ride: BMW E46 320 d
Hi Guys,

Im from Slovenia and I wish my english where better...so anyways I bought this unit D5113 8 months ago and now its giving me the same problem in NAVI mode... it just says NO SIGNAL. I tried to reset it by removing the fuses (7 and 41), i tried to remove the kabel and took the unit out for more than 12 hours, i tried all.

I tried: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...896677&page=67 ( #1326)
and http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=914299&page=6 ( #112).... but nothing seems to work.

Has someone any idea how can i fix this problem? I have send a email to EONON where I bought the unit, but they having holidays.

The problem appeared when I pressed yes on the end of the road in the iGo primo program.

Thank you and best regards :-D_nr_
BMW E46_slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
esberelias

I'm not sure what to tell you :S I just unplugged the fuses overnight and it worked the next morning. Try leaving it out for a couple of days...

Don'y click YES at end of the route anymore... just click back or cancel route and it will take you back to the main navi screen again.

Check out my ride
Old 02-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #10
BMW E46_slo

Thanks, but first im going to take the unit out and plug it into my friends BMW (he has Dynavin unit in his car) and than we are gonna see what happens.

When nothings gonna change then im gonna try to take it out for few days.
Im never gonna click YES again :-) ... I wish the nightmate will soon be over.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
haurelio

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
once again, just remove the battery

Also can code your car
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:42 AM   #12
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
Have had the exact same problem with a different nav unit disconnecting the car battery and pressing reset button should bring it back to life, igo has corrupted win ce,also do document repair in gps setup/system but be aware,this will default your system language to chinese,you will need to change it back to english or whatever else you speak.
BTW: you can can actually disable "shutdown on completion of trip" in setup options in primo,i have as i have been caught with this bug before.
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:04 AM   #13
BMW E46_slo

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
Have had the exact same problem with a different nav unit disconnecting the car battery and pressing reset button should bring it back to life, igo has corrupted win ce,also do document repair in gps setup/system but be aware,this will default your system language to chinese,you will need to change it back to english or whatever else you speak.
BTW: you can can actually disable "shutdown on completion of trip" in setup options in primo,i have as i have been caught with this bug before.
I know its gonna change to chinese i did that one time, im gonna try to disconnect the battery for few hours and than well see. And than im gonna disable that shutdown
Old 02-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #14
esberelias

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E46_slo View Post
I know its gonna change to chinese i did that one time, im gonna try to disconnect the battery for few hours and than well see. And than im gonna disable that shutdown
Disconnect the battery at night and hook it back up in the morning... give it more than a couple of hours I'd say...

Check out my ride
Old 02-15-2013, 03:28 AM   #15
BMW E46_slo

Hi Guys, I had disconnected the battery for 17 hours and no change, unit still says no signal. After I disconnected the battery I presed the reset button and hold it for 30 seconds, but nothing seems to work. But it is interesting that the device after unpluging still knows where the movie finished to play, and what minute of music was played. This means that the internal memory is not reseted, because otherwise the unit would not know.

What else could I do???
Old 02-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #16
BMW E46_slo

So Guys, I had disconnected the device for about 40 hours and now everything works as it should. I am only interested where has the iGo the option to turn off the question at the end of the road? I dont wont to see that stupid YES or NO question when it says have you reached your destination???

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #17
BMW E46_slo

Hi Guys, the unit has again a bad day lol ... What could this time be the problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/056q02gmzn...2009.19.30.mp4 Like you see the sh*t happens only in navi.

Thanks