E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #201
SledgeHammer!

My Ride: 2005 E46 M3
Don't care much for the color scheme personally, but I'll give you props for doing what appears to be a high quality job.
SledgeHammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #202
BringsMeWomen

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Car looks amazing man! Just wanted to know where did you get your carbon fiber trim? Did you wrap them or did they come like that? Thanks
BringsMeWomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #203
DJ Syxx

My Ride: BMW M3
Hi Original Poster, really like the job you done on the interior.

Question how long does that dye last on the leather? Would you expect it to last for maybe 4-5 years? Was thinking of doing this to mine!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #204
Signal

My Ride: e92 335i, 330i ZHP
wow...unbelievable. It looks really good. how well is it holding-up? great I hope!

High Intensity Interval and Weight Training
www.maxworkoutsblog.com
Six Pack Shortcuts
www.mysixpackshortcutsreview.net
Afterburn Fuel
www.afterburnfuelreview.org
Signal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #205
Busabos77

My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl1tzk1213g View Post
Sir ang galing nyo naman!
Salamat pare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omni01_k View Post
So any other projects planned?
Exterior mods... Just purchased Vorsteiner pieces ( CSL Trunk, CSL Rear Diffuser, and CSL Front Bumper with 1 piece lip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGary911 View Post
It looks great, due in no small part to your excellent work. I'll be looking forward to your updates on the durability.

It's REALLY made me appreciate my Imola interior even more. Great job.
Thanks man! I will for sure post updates on the wear and tear come spring time if there will be any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravagio'sM3 View Post
Great attention to detail! Love this thread for looking to do mine shortly. Thanks for posting!
Thanks! Goodluck man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledgeHammer! View Post
Don't care much for the color scheme personally, but I'll give you props for doing what appears to be a high quality job.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringsMeWomen View Post
Car looks amazing man! Just wanted to know where did you get your carbon fiber trim? Did you wrap them or did they come like that? Thanks
Thank you! I wrapped it with 3M Dinoc about a year ago. holding up real good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Syxx View Post
Hi Original Poster, really like the job you done on the interior.

Question how long does that dye last on the leather? Would you expect it to last for maybe 4-5 years? Was thinking of doing this to mine!
I just spoke to Leatherique and with proper care, It would last for about 6 years. Cleaning it, they told me to use just their product pristine clean to wipe it down. They told me to apply wax that has a high carnuba content to protect it a year after I dyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal View Post
wow...unbelievable. It looks really good. how well is it holding-up? great I hope!
It's been holding up pretty good. It has been 4 months now and still no wear or tear.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #206
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Brian, every time I see your car I'm inspired... One of the cleanest ///M's I have ever seen my friend!!!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #207
Edgar3498

My Ride: 330CI
Great job

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Bimmer App
Edgar3498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #208
PreppyR6

My Ride: shines like justice
Very very well done. This thread just convinced me to restore my IR interior. Sending you a PM about the dye you used.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:28 AM   #209
oojkoo

My Ride: E46 M3 996 C4
Amazing kid
oojkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:56 AM   #210
Zert

My Ride: M3
I m speechless Boss. You know this makes me wonder, whats your PROFESSION in life??? I m an Accountant myself but the way you did this job tells me u are not an ordinary man, either you have some background on painting or art, just something. I m a big risk taker but this is BEYOND my capability, i thought of trying this and i immediately developed some goose bumps. ha ha. Cant wait to see what u do next
Zert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #211
Busabos77

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
Brian, every time I see your car I'm inspired... One of the cleanest ///M's I have ever seen my friend!!!
Thanks Charlie! See you this weekend! ARC 8's baby!!! Wohoo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar3498 View Post
Great job

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Bimmer App

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreppyR6 View Post
Very very well done. This thread just convinced me to restore my IR interior. Sending you a PM about the dye you used.
Just pm'ed you now... Been sooopah busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojkoo View Post
Amazing kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zert View Post
I m speechless Boss. You know this makes me wonder, whats your PROFESSION in life??? I m an Accountant myself but the way you did this job tells me u are not an ordinary man, either you have some background on painting or art, just something. I m a big risk taker but this is BEYOND my capability, i thought of trying this and i immediately developed some goose bumps. ha ha. Cant wait to see what u do next
I have my degree in Fine Arts which probably helped me tackle this project plus I am very picky with things and I want everything to be perfect. Thanks man!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #212
Busabos77

I will be taking photos of my interior this weekend to update you guys on the condition of my dyed interior. I am very pleased with it and up to now, no rubbing off, tear, scratch or anything but I will let you guys decide... Photos will explain it better! Stay tuned!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #213
ZHP6

My Ride: M6
Looks incredible! I sure hope it lasts!
ZHP6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #214
Zert

My Ride: M3
Look man, i know you are not in the busineess of interior upholtery, BUT is it possible to put a price tag on the job that u have just done??? If the price is reasonable i believe some BMW fanatics may consider giving you the job. Not that u want their money, helping them for the love of BMW. If we dont encourage such nice projects the E46 will face extinction i tell u.
Zert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #215
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
As for Brian's interior, I will be taking a personal look this Saturday and can say that I expect to see perfection. The last time I rode/drove Brian's car, his interior was perfect with no dye rubbing off onto my jeans. The time and work Brian has placed to this project was nothing short of amazing!

At one point I wanted to do the same exact thing but now I'm leaning on just completing my all black interior instead since I think I will be going a different direction with my ///M. (Recaro Sportster CS seats).
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 02-20-2013 at 06:49 AM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #216
Turntables83

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
One of THE best DIY projects I've seen. Amazing job.
Turntables83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #217
Busabos77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHP6 View Post
Looks incredible! I sure hope it lasts!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zert View Post
Look man, i know you are not in the busineess of interior upholtery, BUT is it possible to put a price tag on the job that u have just done??? If the price is reasonable i believe some BMW fanatics may consider giving you the job. Not that u want their money, helping them for the love of BMW. If we dont encourage such nice projects the E46 will face extinction i tell u.
I would love to help fellow members out but with our first child on the way, I know that I will be very busy and pre-occupied with the new born. Maybe in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
As for Brian's interior, I will be taking a personal look this Saturday and can say that I expect to see perfection. The last time I rode/drove Brian's car, his interior was perfect with no dye rubbing off onto my jeans. The time and work Brian has placed to this project was nothing short of amazing!

At one point I wanted to do the same exact thing but now I'm leaning on just completing my all black interior instead since I think I will be going a different direction with my ///M. (Recaro Sportster CS seats).
Thanks Charlie! Look at you! Baller status with the Recaro Sportster Seats planned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turntables83 View Post
One of THE best DIY projects I've seen. Amazing job.
Thanks man!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #218
///BeckeR

My Ride: 03 TiAg 330i ZHP
Awesome DIY! Planning on doing exactly this to my TiAg/Gray ZHP sedan when this semester ends. Everything is still holding up well I hope?

Also, do you recommend the Leatherique Black dye over the DupliColor Spray for the door panels, dash ect..?

And I'm going to use this as a top coat for exra protection
http://zelikovitz.com/index.php?page...mart&Itemid=53

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
///BeckeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #219
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
I'm actually exhausted just by reading this thread, I can't believe you pulled it off!

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:39 PM   #220
Bimmekid91

My Ride: 2001 e46
I just went through this thread again as soon as I'm done with this semester of college im going to be doing this as well, hopefully i can do such a great job as you did. I will definitely do a thread on it, inspired by this one. :')
Bimmekid91 is offline   Reply With Quote