E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Que, Ont, NB, NS, Nfld, PEI

Que, Ont, NB, NS, Nfld, PEI
Find other members from your area in the enthusist directory.
Que Ont NB NS Nfld PEI

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2004, 10:08 PM   #1
Santiago

My Ride: 2004 325iT
Send a message via ICQ to Santiago Send a message via MSN to Santiago
Where to get Mobil 1 0W-40 locally?

Hi everyone,

Based on this thread (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=168505) I've decided to do an extra oil change on my own dime half way between the scheduled ones. Based on this same thread I've decided to go with Mobil 1 0W-40.

Where in the Montreal region can we find Mobil 1 0W-40? I've been to my Walmart and only found 5W-30. Zellers doesn't even have Mobil 1. I haven't had a chance to hit Canadian Tire yet but it isn't listed on their web site.

Where in the Montreal region can we get Mobil 1 0W40?

While I have your attention, where can I find a 36 mm socket that is 6-point. Sears has 12-point sockets but I really want to get a 6-point so that I can avoid stripping the oil filter cover nut. I'm guessing Canadian Tire? I'll have to head over there this weekend.

Thanks

Life is fragile
Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:47 PM   #2
Santiago

Life is fragile
Old 09-16-2004, 05:09 PM   #3
Santiago

Well I forgot to write up my findings.

I went to the Canadian Tire in the east end (Jean-Talon & Langelier). They have tons of Mobil 1 but no 0W-40. I asked the guy about ordering 0W-40 but he said that they don't really do special orders.

I'm going to next try the big auto parts distributor stores (e.g. Jarry Pieces d'Auto).

I did find a 6-pt 36mm 1/2" drive socket at Canadian Tire for about $11. As I wrote before, Sears only has a 12-pt socket.

I'll write my findings when I have a chance to go to Jarry Pieces d'Auto.

Life is fragile
Old 09-22-2004, 04:44 PM   #4
Santiago

Well, I was not able to find it at any retail outlet. I then got the number for Imperial Oil Canada and called them. They referred me to a local distributor by the name of NOCO. I called them up and explained my desire to try to get my hands on Mobil 1 0W-40. The lady was kind enough to open an account for me so that I can buy the oil (in cases of 6x1L) at a little over 7.50/L.

Woohoo!

Life is fragile
Old 10-02-2004, 02:13 PM   #5
i6power

My Ride: 2002 325i 5spd spkg
This is crazy. I am going to change oil myself too. but never thought it was this much trouble. Have you tried to find it at NAPA or Part Source? Or can you just buy it from the stealer?
i6power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 02:34 PM   #6
Santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by i6power
This is crazy. I am going to change oil myself too. but never thought it was this much trouble. Have you tried to find it at NAPA or Part Source? Or can you just buy it from the stealer?
I didn't check NAPA or Part Source but I did check Jarry Auto Parts which is a big parts dealer here like NAPA. They didn't carry it. The dealer doesn't carry Mobil 1, it carries a version of Castrol 5W-30 but I went with the recommendation I found in the thread I linked to in the first post.

You might be luckier and find it easily in Toronto but here in Montreal the usual places just didn't carry it. What I found surprising was that Canadian Tire didn't carry 0W-40. They carried TONS of Mobil 1 but no 0W-40. They had some 0W-20. I've never even heard of that and they had it but no 0W-40.

Anyway, try your local guys, including Canadian Tire/Zellers/Walmart for it. You might get luckier. If you don't then go to the Imperial Oil web page under Canada and you'll find a phone number listed where the 0W-40 is described. That's how I found my source.

Life is fragile
Old 02-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #7
elystyle

My Ride: mb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Well, I was not able to find it at any retail outlet. I then got the number for Imperial Oil Canada and called them. They referred me to a local distributor by the name of NOCO. I called them up and explained my desire to try to get my hands on Mobil 1 0W-40. The lady was kind enough to open an account for me so that I can buy the oil (in cases of 6x1L) at a little over 7.50/L.

Woohoo!
Hi i went to canadian tire on langelier too.. Can u help me getting mobil 1 0w40 ?? i need 8 L were di u called to have your 6L ,,do u have the phone numebr of were u got it ?
elystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
MPRESIV3

My Ride: 04 M3

WOW...you just revived a thread that is 7yrs old!

BUY MY WHEELS - 19" SSR GT3

MPRESIV3 is offline   Reply With Quote