E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.27 average.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #3641
JS330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,108
My Ride: '01 330Ci 3 Pedals
hmmm opinions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-02-16 at 2.22.02 PM.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	490832  
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanM3 View Post
I hope he isn't using Pirelli condoms..
JS330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #3642
Jall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Posts: 1,000
My Ride: 328Ci
Nope.

Just me, but you'd have to be on bags to pull them off.
__________________
Jall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #3643
JS330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,108
My Ride: '01 330Ci 3 Pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jall View Post
Nope.

Just me, but you'd have to be on bags to pull them off.
So you mean like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-02-16 at 2.25.23 PM.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	490833  
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanM3 View Post
I hope he isn't using Pirelli condoms..
JS330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #3644
Jall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Posts: 1,000
My Ride: 328Ci
Lol, still looks terrible.
They look okay on that vert, but I think preface, white and no Mtech doesn't suit them.
__________________
Jall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #3645
JS330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,108
My Ride: '01 330Ci 3 Pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jall View Post
Lol, still looks terrible.
They look okay on that vert, but I think preface, white and no Mtech doesn't suit them.
It is so damn hard to find nice wheels for a white car preface coupe appart from csl's
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanM3 View Post
I hope he isn't using Pirelli condoms..
JS330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #3646
Jall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Posts: 1,000
My Ride: 328Ci
BBS CH, still a bit CSL-ey though...
__________________
Jall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #3647
YGOAMG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Riverside: Melbourne
Posts: 11,897
My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Go through the showroom section there is a black coupe with these rims
Looks soo good!
__________________

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #3648
nicgala
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: melbourne
Posts: 91
My Ride: bmw e46 2004 318i
A little harsh Ballistic,
I paid almost $700:00 in speed camera fines around the corner of my place and in 20 minutes they got me twice. That was 7 demerit point loss and a 1 month suspension of my license. This happened before Christmas, and it hurt. I argued the point of 1 ticket as I did 15 km over which is the max speed you can do for a 3 demerit point ticket and a larger fine. I rang again, and the bloke did say that we need to reimburse half the price of the ticket and obtain 2 demerit points back. To no avail I had enough and tried to forget about it. What is it ? The..... don't like BMW's.
N.B This was after midnight and I was the only car on the road for 10 km.
nicgala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:44 AM   #3649
GJA003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 283
My Ride: Whatever runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS330 View Post
It is so damn hard to find nice wheels for a white car preface coupe appart from csl's
2012 E92 M3 Wheels Ebay example Hasn't been done yet i think.
__________________
'06 6s MT E87 BMW 120i M-Sport Sparkling graphite metallic'


Last edited by GJA003; 02-17-2013 at 05:44 AM.
GJA003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #3650
JS330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,108
My Ride: '01 330Ci 3 Pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJA003 View Post
2012 E92 M3 Wheels Ebay example Hasn't been done yet i think.
Hmmm....offset would be way different though

I wonder how these would look, they're similar to my style 68's which I do like the look of but they are designed for the x3

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanM3 View Post
I hope he isn't using Pirelli condoms..

Last edited by JS330; 02-17-2013 at 05:48 AM.
JS330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:48 AM   #3651
GJA003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 283
My Ride: Whatever runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS330 View Post
Hmmm....offset would be way different though
If oem Offsets are too low then surely someone has reps with higher offsets.
__________________
'06 6s MT E87 BMW 120i M-Sport Sparkling graphite metallic'

GJA003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #3652
YGOAMG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Riverside: Melbourne
Posts: 11,897
My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJA003 View Post
2012 E92 M3 Wheels Ebay example Hasn't been done yet i think.
Ye it's been done..
The wheels specs are:
front 19x8.5 ( +29)
rears 19x9.5 ( +23)
__________________

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #3653
niiCk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Syd
Posts: 1,654
My Ride: E90
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....#ht_500wt_1288
niiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #3654
DesiredM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 519
My Ride: E46 M3
More
5.0L V12
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/380581038739

Black Manual SedanI Interior
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190800153464#ht_3784wt_689
DesiredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #3655
JS330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,108
My Ride: '01 330Ci 3 Pedals
that 5.0 v12 would make a great boat engine or alpine white 350ci
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanM3 View Post
I hope he isn't using Pirelli condoms..
JS330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #3656
Chum
Registered User
 
Chum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 617
My Ride: OB Facelift E46
Does anyone here have the rear bumper moulding inserts that they want to offload?

I'm specifically after the rear left bumper mould.

Prefer Vic fanatics. PM me.
Chum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #3657
Ballistic325
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,191
My Ride: slow and steady
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicgala View Post
A little harsh Ballistic,
I paid almost $700:00 in speed camera fines around the corner of my place and in 20 minutes they got me twice. That was 7 demerit point loss and a 1 month suspension of my license. This happened before Christmas, and it hurt. I argued the point of 1 ticket as I did 15 km over which is the max speed you can do for a 3 demerit point ticket and a larger fine. I rang again, and the bloke did say that we need to reimburse half the price of the ticket and obtain 2 demerit points back. To no avail I had enough and tried to forget about it. What is it ? The..... don't like BMW's.
N.B This was after midnight and I was the only car on the road for 10 km.
Erm.... what did I say?

I feel for you though.
__________________

I can help with
* Reading Codes / Coding your car
* R&R FCAs, Tie Rods, Sway links....
* RTABs

Need an RTAB tool? Or clutch fan and water pump tools? PM me.
Ballistic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:31 AM   #3658
DeclanM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,363
My Ride: 332Ci
Car started misfiring the other day (on my way to a BMW club drive) and went into limp mode. Got it home and started trying to set up diagnostics. After many failed attempts I managed to get a third party program to point me in the direction of cylinder 4 and I diagnosed it was the coil the good ol' fashion way. Ordered a new coil and installed it tonight, started the car and all was well (albeit after a slow crank on startup). Figured the battery was probably low so ran it for a few minutes at 2500rpm, turned it off and put the covers back on then grabbed the laptop to clear the CEL. The process of clearing the CEL pushed the battery over the edge and now I'm awaiting roadside assistance to come give me a jump... Epic fail!
__________________



Last edited by DeclanM3; 02-19-2013 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Auto-save 1361263061
DeclanM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #3659
GJA003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 283
My Ride: Whatever runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanM3 View Post
Car started misfiring the other day (on my way to a BMW club drive) and went into limp mode. Got it home and started trying to set up diagnostics. After many failed attempts I managed to get a third party program to point me in the direction of cylinder 4 and I diagnosed it was the coil the good ol' fashion way. Ordered a new coil and installed it tonight, started the car and all was well (albeit after a slow crank on startup). Figured the battery was probably low so ran it for a few minutes at 2500rpm, turned it off and put the covers back on then grabbed the laptop to clear the CEL. The process of clearing the CEL pushed the battery over the edge and now I'm awaiting roadside assistance to come give me a jump... Epic fail!
Should have changed all of them rather then just the bad one.
__________________
'06 6s MT E87 BMW 120i M-Sport Sparkling graphite metallic'

GJA003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:52 AM   #3660
DeclanM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,363
My Ride: 332Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJA003 View Post
Should have changed all of them rather then just the bad one.
Yeah, going to do that and sparks at the same time.
__________________


DeclanM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use