E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
chinodesignsnyc

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Xi
Chinodesigns frost grey vert

05 //M VERT

HEXIS FROST GREY WRAP BY ME.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:21 AM   #2
JuanK20

My Ride: Porsche 911
nice. how much do you charge for a wrap like this?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:18 AM   #3
yellow2000s/r

My Ride: 330ci
AHHH, I'm about to order some matte gray aluminum or matte dark gray but I find your car and the 'satin slut' already wrapped in similar colors.
yellow2000s/r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
chinodesignsnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanK20 View Post
nice. how much do you charge for a wrap like this?
Average price for standard matte- black, storm trooper white, grey....

Coupe - $3k
Sedan - $3.8k
1 yr warranty - 3M certified installation - special facility

I'm in Newark.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
chinodesignsnyc

[QUOTE=yellow2000s/r;15170391]AHHH, I'm about to order some matte gray aluminum or matte dark gray but I find your car and the 'satin slut' already wrapped in similar colors.[/

Satin Slut sick color, I saw that after the fact I wrapped my car, but still loved the look regardless, switching up to CSL bumper, 1 piece piece 2x2 carbon fiber lip, for this summer. Tell you the truth, Hexis is garbage don't order it, it was a test to see how the material faired, waste of money. It's too thick and difficult to work with. The color is slightly different from 3M matte.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
yellow2000s/r

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinodesignsnyc View Post
Satin Slut sick color, I saw that after the fact I wrapped my car, but still loved the look regardless, switching up to CSL bumper, 1 piece piece 2x2 carbon fiber lip, for this summer. Tell you the truth, Hexis is garbage don't order it, it was a test to see how the material faired, waste of money. It's too thick and difficult to work with. The color is slightly different from 3M matte.

Never tried Hexis. I've seen it on ebay and in Fellars catalogs.

We mostly use 3m products at the shop I help out at. I've wrapped near 20 vehicles now, with most being full prints, and because my car is alpine but my hood, skirts, and rear bumper are silver off of a M3, I figured I'd wrap cause material wise it's cheaper then paint since I can do either one myself.

Last edited by yellow2000s/r; 02-17-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
DTMdan

My Ride: E53 X5 3.0i Sport
Send a message via AIM to DTMdan
Quote:
switching up to CSL bumper, 1 piece piece 2x2 carbon fiber lip, for this summer
Oh, like this?

Old 02-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
yellow2000s/r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMdan View Post
Oh, like this?
Guess I should have bought the CSL bumper I found for $275... haha.

I'll just keep the mtech2 front I already have.

Last edited by yellow2000s/r; 02-17-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #9
x Spades x

My Ride: TIAG '06 330ci ZHP
Why is EVERYONE copying Matt's Frozen Grey car? I mean, if you are going to do it, AT LEAST be better than his. Chrome tacky rims, double sided taped CSL splitters, the train wreck fogs...... you should name your call the "Whatchumacallit" because it reminds all of us of something/someone... hhmmmm... (snaps fingers)...
x Spades x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #10
yellow2000s/r

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Spades x View Post
Why is EVERYONE copying Matt's Frozen Grey car? I mean, if you are going to do it, AT LEAST be better than his. Chrome tacky rims, double sided taped CSL splitters, the train wreck fogs...... you should name your call the "Whatchumacallit" because it reminds all of us of something/someone... hhmmmm... (snaps fingers)...
LOL wut? Just cause he has something similar doesn't mean it's a copy. I didn't even know of these cars till a few weeks ago when I searched for cars with matte gray wraps when I decided I wanted too.

Go paint your ZHP a different color and stop copying others with TIAG.

Last edited by yellow2000s/r; 02-17-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #11
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci & z33 HR
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow2000s/r View Post
LOL wut? Just cause he has something similar doesn't mean it's a copy. I didn't even know of these cars till a few weeks ago when I searched for cars with matte gray wraps when I decided I wanted too.

It is a Copy of matt's car....He knew he was going to get flamed. He could've done another. He is a pro at wrapping, but lack originality.

djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #12
MixFlame

My Ride: 2004 330i
Quote:

that would make sense if he painted his car tiag instead of it being a stock color....people are purposely changing their whole cars to match the only person who had it at the time. but to each his own

Sponsored by: Meguiars | Rotiform | AUTOcouture Motoring | Broadway Static
Instagram: @mystic330i
MixFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #13
nojoda

My Ride: 06 M3Vert 6MT JB/CIN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMdan View Post
Oh, like this?

sick!!

2006 BMW M3 VERT 6MT (CURRENT)
2007 B7 AUDI A4 2.0T CVT FWD (BRILLIANT BLACK) TRADED

2002 E46 BMW M3 SMG II (TIAG) RIP

INSTAGRAM : itsjorgebrah
nojoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #14
yellow2000s/r

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixFlame View Post
that would make sense if he painted his car tiag instead of it being a stock color....people are purposely changing their whole cars to match the only person who had it at the time. but to each his own
So if I wrap my alpine white 330ci in a matte dark gray, I'm copying someone elses car, who at the time of deciding to do it I didn't know of, means I'm copying them?

Guess if he was copying the 'satin slut', he'd of painted it instead of vinyl wrapping it?

Can't wait to see how much I get flamed for wrapping mine! Hope to see you bashing people for color changing their cars to LSB or something 'copying others'.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #15
chinodesignsnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Spades x View Post
I wrappd my car before I even saw that car, I wrapped it for EuroFest last minute to pomote my business I don't need to copy no ones style, it happened to be that other drop tops same color. I don't dick ride no one. Never have never will.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #16
chinodesignsnyc

Quote:
So if I wrap my alpine white 330ci in a matte dark gray, I'm copying someone elses car, who at the time of deciding to do it I didn't know of, means I'm copying them?

Guess if he was copying the 'satin slut', he'd of painted it instead of vinyl wrapping it?

Can't wait to see how much I get flamed for wrapping mine! Hope to see you bashing people for color changing their cars to LSB or something 'copying others'.
Thanks for backing me. Little does he know I didn't even know what Latin Slut was, and I don't care. I own a print business and did it for promotion, at the end of the day do what you like thats the bottom line. Its called hate. But I bet he wouldn't say that in my face. Cuz everyone at eurofest gave me props, not your a copy cat, **** out of here.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #17
chinodesignsnyc

Quote:
Never tried Hexis. I've seen it on ebay and in Fellars catalogs.

We mostly use 3m products at the shop I help out at. I've wrapped near 20 vehicles now, with most being full prints, and because my car is alpine but my hood, skirts, and rear bumper are silver off of a M3, I figured I'd wrap cause material wise it's cheaper then paint since I can do either one myself.
Yea good idea, it also protects the factory paint from the elements. I do alot of invisible 3M protection for vehicles. Overall its an investment especially if the paint is fresh or its a lease. When you peel it off the paint is mint.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #18
x Spades x

My Ride: TIAG '06 330ci ZHP
You can wrap what ever color you like... but when you wrap Frozen Grey, then you will flamed for copying the one car (the first car) that has had it for like 3 years now. Don't put Alpine White into this convo, because there are thousands of Alpines around here... Frozens? Nope.
x Spades x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #19
NorthJersey 3er

My Ride: '03 M3 / '72 2002tii
Quote:
Thanks for backing me. Little does he know I didn't even know what Latin Slut was, and I don't care. I own a print business and did it for promotion, at the end of the day do what you like thats the bottom line. Its called hate. But I bet he wouldn't say that in my face. Cuz everyone at eurofest gave me props, not your a copy cat, **** out of here.
First of all, my car is not the "satin slut". Second, yes, you can do whatever you like to your car, but don't get upset when someone calls you out for making it look like another car that has had that setup for over 2 years. Here's my build thread on it if you want more ideas.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=810520

co-founder of
euro techniks

NorthJersey 3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #20
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
I think it's stupid that people hate on someone for copying another person. A forum is a place to get ideas and if someone likes what another person has done then it should be considered flattery to the person who did it first.

There will always be someone who did it first and they deserve respect, but what's wrong with doing it second? Nothing.
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote