E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#16,121 ·
I'll be doing that soon as well. I ordered the gasket and the VANOS line as mine has been leaking since I bought the car last April.
See this post before you do it.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13996359&postcount=3

There's a 25 minute video of the whole process. I couldn't find much info in the Bentley manual on removing the oil filter housing, or the alternator and power steering pump, which are mounted to the oil filter housing. It's pretty obvious what needs to come off as you do it, but the video helps.

Hope you have a manual transmission. The radiator fan has to come out, which is a snap with the mt.

#16,124 ·
This is an excellent way to cut down on road noise! I want to do this to the inside of the front liners on mine.
I think it might be better to do inside insulation to decrease road noise.
I coated rear wheel wells because they were half black, and other half silver.

#16,140 ·
Replaced thermostat. Used aftermarket cast metal one. Shall see if any differance. From my observations of the old one still on engine, looking from under car, leak appeared to come from bottom bolt area. Thought maybe a crack. Upon removing and inspecting the old one it was actually leaking from the center portion where the electrical stuff is. Not the outer seal as speculated. O ring inside electrical connector bad. Not something to repair.