E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 06:16 AM   #21
Rotha

My Ride: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahmed2016 View Post
lol, Do it right or not at all right? E46F taught me that! Thanks for the help guys.
seriously, this is so true. tried to go cheap on my exhaust, ended up spending over a grand getting it right. when i could have bought a full borla kit.
"You makes me sick" officer responds, "So worried about your BMW; but don't even notice your left arm is missing?"
"OMG.." lawyer replies. "Where's my Rolex?"
Rotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #22
aahmed2016

My Ride: 2003 330i ZSP/CP/PP
I was on the Status Gruppe (Rich recommended) site, and they're a bit higher than what I'm looking to buy, but considering their lifetime warranty, I think I'll go with them, but a little more down the line lol, gotta save up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
Spends $2000 on car DVD + stereo -> Running 25000 mile oil changes and 87 gas with blown shocks
aahmed2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #23
drift.mechanic

My Ride: E46 323i
Hands down the best suspension setup I've ever used on 2 different chassis, is KONI yellows (guaranteed for life no question asked) on Ground Control (made by Eibach and guaranteed for life with no questions asked). You think your E46 could handle before? Wait till you try this.

Almost any spring rate available for any setup possible. Unbelievable quality by 2 of the best brands money can buy (for under 2K of course). The proven combo is a softer spring setup, medium dampening and bigger bars. It will give you a nice "squat and track" behavior and predictability while not vibrating your fillings loose on your way to dinner with your girlfriend (who is now sandy because her back hurts from 24K spring rates). I've heard all the horror stories.

To give you and idea, at cost, a full set of KONIs run me 555$ and the GC kit 350$. So at 905$, cheaper than Tein Euro Basics, you get a custom coilover kit able to run up front on weekends and get to work comfortably during the week.

Through in a set of SPC front camber plates and rear TMS pillow ball extended shock mounts (if you're running real low), and you have anything you'll ever need. Basically, your entire suspension system, well hard parts anyways, are guaranteed for life and it's a transferable warranty (added sales value when you decide to swap toys eventually). Not to mention, easy to liquidate when you're in a bind and need some quick $$$. People always pay for a quality used suspension setup providing it's complete.

I share the same opinion as most on the forum, when it comes to something as crucial as engine, suspension and braking, go big or go OEM, no in between. I'm not saying that D2, Kido (D2 and Kido are actually made by the same manufacturer), OBX and Racelands coilovers won't get you home, but I will assure you that eventually you will upgrade your upgrade to achieve more than just being low.
drift.mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #24
thecos

My Ride: 2002 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift.mechanic View Post
To give you and idea, at cost, a full set of KONIs run me 555$ and the GC kit 350$. So at 905$, cheaper than Tein Euro Basics, you get a custom coilover kit able to run up front on weekends and get to work comfortably during the week.
Where can you get Koni Yellows for $555? Mind sharing a link or info?

Thanks
thecos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #25
drift.mechanic

My Ride: E46 323i
I can't share the link seeing the 550$ is my cost from my distributor. I generally sell the kits for cost, 555$ (for a basic 325I, prices may vary for other models), plus 15% (83.25$) to total 638.25$. Plus shipping of course.

That's to a walk-in client. A E46F member would get a better price.
drift.mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #26
ModBargains III
Sponsor

My Ride: E46
Never heard of them, but comon, you'll want to go with quality. Don't put cheap untested parts on your E46... Checkout KW's or at least ST's:

KW Coilovers BMW E46 3 Series Sedan, Coupe, Wagon, Vert

*ST V1 Coilovers E46 3 Series

If you have any questions, let me know!

Sales | Sales@ModBargains.com |(714) 582-3330
We Specialize In: BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | BMW Parts | BMW Exhaust Experts | BMW Tail Lights |
BMW Wheels In Stock | BMW Intake Experts
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates & discounts!
ModBargains III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #27
Redline4

My Ride: 02' 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to Redline4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsummers View Post
if you want cheap coils get RaceLands, plenty people run them on here. they have a 2 or 3 yr warranty i think.

but seriously. like SERIOUSLY, just save up for another couple months and go for something reputable with a good warranty. I have Status Gruppe Coilovers that come with a limited lifetime warranty (as long as your the owner, they're in warranty.). They aren't a name brand company yet, but they came with that lifetime warranty.
While i would say go with a high quality coilover but if your wanting a coilover that isn't bad quality check out the racelands or rokkor coilovers. I've put 30k on my set and I just checked them the other day and still in good condition.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:31 AM   #28
J LAU

My Ride: 325i
ECStuning is selling FK Coilovers starting $490.
great deal!

They have free shipping this month!
J LAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:42 AM   #29
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
For the same exact price

FK Streetlines. I ran em for a while and had little to complain about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J LAU View Post
ECStuning is selling FK Coilovers starting $490.
great deal!

They have free shipping this month!
This

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:16 AM   #30
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Drop Engineering Street Function Pro Sport Racing Coilovers BMW E46 3 Series

I'm sorry but you cannot handle these coilovers. I can't even begin to understand the technology that goes into a drop engineering street function pro sport racing coilover.

Reminds me of the Japanese top gear episode where Jeremy is In a tuning shop and notes that they wrote random words on products. I hope someone understands the reference
Old 02-18-2013, 02:39 AM   #31
E46Snowball

My Ride: 330i
No.
6 speed
E46Snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #32
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Drop Engineering Street Function Pro Sport Racing Coilovers BMW E46 3 Series

I'm sorry but you cannot handle these coilovers. I can't even begin to understand the technology that goes into a drop engineering street function pro sport racing coilover.

Reminds me of the Japanese top gear episode where Jeremy is In a tuning shop and notes that they wrote random words on products. I hope someone understands the reference
I do! They have a lot of the old episodes on Netflix. I have been watching about 2 per week. I saw that one in December!
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote