E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #21
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
I have heard Montana is AWESOME. Need to check into their LEO dept potential though before I go.
I've been fly fishing in Montana before and loved it. Wyoming was nice too. I know a deputy with Flathead County Sheriff's Office, based out of Columbia Falls, and he's buddies with the guys at Black Ops Precision rifles (formerly Underground Skunkworks). Wouldn't mind moving out there.
I have another Army/cop buddy in Idaho, and another Army buddy in Wyoming (been to Wyoming for fly fishing as well). Have yet to go to Utah, but I have been considering training with Sniper Country Training out there. Wouldn't mind being out there in those states, and I'd move out there without hesitation if the wife were on board for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
I would love to move to Texas,, but I'm stuck in Md. I love my work and can't do it with as much success anywhere else. Even though i hate this state.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
I always hear a lot of good things about Texas, and wouldn't mind living there. I have more desire to live in Arizona, as I have family there. AZ is pretty pro-gun too, but there is a lot more crime and violence in the Phoenix area.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #22
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
I would love to move to Texas,, but I'm stuck in Md. I love my work and can't do it with as much success anywhere else. Even though i hate this state.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Same problem with me/wife. We have good jobs and not a lot of places, especially ones like Montana would offer us nearly the same salaries...even though the cost of living is far less.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #23
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
I've been fly fishing in Montana before and loved it. Wyoming was nice too. I know a deputy with Flathead County Sheriff's Office, based out of Columbia Falls, and he's buddies with the guys at Black Ops Precision rifles (formerly Underground Skunkworks). Wouldn't mind moving out there.
I have another Army/cop buddy in Idaho, and another Army buddy in Wyoming (been to Wyoming for fly fishing as well). Have yet to go to Utah, but I have been considering training with Sniper Country Training out there. Wouldn't mind being out there in those states, and I'd move out there without hesitation if the wife were on board for it.

I always hear a lot of good things about Texas, and wouldn't mind living there. I have more desire to live in Arizona, as I have family there. AZ is pretty pro-gun too, but there is a lot more crime and violence in the Phoenix area.
Utah is probably my favorite place on the planet, and I've been to a lot of places. I have a few friends in AZ, and would consider it if they could just get their Mexican problem under control.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-14-2013 at 01:04 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #24
NFRs2000nyc

Well, it passed the preliminary....lets see if Magpul keeps their word...

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...-capacity-ammo

I guess the good people of Colorado will have to spend their money in Wyoming from now on.....I guess there goes my dream of moving there....the libtards got their way and are going to destroy that state too....they'll probably ban offroading there too.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-15-2013 at 10:52 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #25
NFRs2000nyc

BTW, I think it would behoove us all to write a short letter to SigSauer, S&W and Glock....telling them you will greatly support them if they jump of the "wont sell to government agencies boat." So far it's 6 companies.

publicsafetysales@sigsauer.com, dgrier@smith-wesson.com, LE.info@glock.us

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...icting-states/
Old 02-16-2013, 02:20 AM   #26
Reedo302

With as many LE accounts as Glock, S&W and Sig have, I don't have a lot of faith in them adhering to this.

With as high of taxes as NY has, you'd have thought that Remington would have moved out of Ilion many years ago, but they did not. Now with the ban, they still haven't made one mention of budging. Remington has so many GOV and MIL contracts that they would not be inclined to make any changes since they'll likely always be mostly exempt.

Realistically, if Glock, S&W and Remington were to come out and support this measure, it would cripple the nation and people would start paying attention. If anyone did it, S&W would be the ones to do it. The problem is that S&W has been selling guns to cops for longer than any other company except maybe Colt.
Companies like Magpul and LaRue can survive without LE sales. Glock couldn't. S&W is debatable and could go either way.

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 02-16-2013 at 02:25 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:29 AM   #27
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Well, it passed the preliminary....lets see if Magpul keeps their word...

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...-capacity-ammo

I guess the good people of Colorado will have to spend their money in Wyoming from now on.....I guess there goes my dream of moving there....the libtards got their way and are going to destroy that state too....they'll probably ban offroading there too.
I do not think they will have anyway in hell they can enforce this bill IF it passes. Engraving mags....ROFLOL. Still talks about burden of proof.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #28
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and Utah all are very pro-gun and have mountains.

Not gonna lie-I'm considering moving to either Montana, Arizona or Texas.
If you move to Texas, I call shotgun. I've wanted to move there for a loooooong time.
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #29
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
With as many LE accounts as Glock, S&W and Sig have, I don't have a lot of faith in them adhering to this.

With as high of taxes as NY has, you'd have thought that Remington would have moved out of Ilion many years ago, but they did not. Now with the ban, they still haven't made one mention of budging. Remington has so many GOV and MIL contracts that they would not be inclined to make any changes since they'll likely always be mostly exempt.

Realistically, if Glock, S&W and Remington were to come out and support this measure, it would cripple the nation and people would start paying attention. If anyone did it, S&W would be the ones to do it. The problem is that S&W has been selling guns to cops for longer than any other company except maybe Colt.
Companies like Magpul and LaRue can survive without LE sales. Glock couldn't. S&W is debatable and could go either way.
You obviously know far more on the subject, but I read (ill link the article) that law enforcement is actually a very small percentage of firearm sales for these companies. Troof?
Old 02-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #30
NFRs2000nyc

Here it is...from the link I posted above....

Quote:
EFI, LLC has a long-standing policy of not selling to law enforcement in states that restrict private gun ownership. TheBlaze interviewed EFI’s President Melinda Meador on the subject. Her statement was quite succinct:

“We refuse to recognize law enforcement exemptions on gun control. If a product that we manufacture is not legal for a private citizen to own in a jurisdiction, we will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction.”
The company’s policy supports a broad market strategy for sales. Meador reminded us that “law enforcement sales don’t make up a significant portion of the market.”
Also, they are not going to stop selling to "law enforcement" just the law enforcement in commie states.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #31
Reedo302

Quote:
You obviously know far more on the subject, but I read (ill link the article) that law enforcement is actually a very small percentage of firearm sales for these companies. Troof?
LE sales don't make up a major portion of the market as whole, but they do for certain companies.
The percentages are not as important as the public perception and the impact. Nobody gave a crap about Glock until cops started using them in the mid-to-late 80s, then Glock took over upwards of 75-80% of the market share of LE pistols. If it wasn't for LE, Glock would never have gotten to where they are now. Most companies may not sell a ton to LE, but they heavily rely on LE use for commercial marketing reasons; especially if they don't have MIL contracts. How did Kimber sell so many pistols? By marketing the fact that LAPD SWAT and SIS use their pistols. Take a look at a Guns 'n Ammo or any NRA magazine, or any other gun magazine for that matter, and count how many gun ads use LE photos or references for marketing ads. Quite a few.

S&W is making a lot of in-roads with LE sales and they're quickly taking over a lot of Glock territory. I would suspect that S&W would not want to lose the momentum and give anything back up to Glock. Not to mention the fact that the M&P15 line is gaining a lot of ground in the patrol rifle realm.

Here's what I would say, specifically for Glock and S&W- If one does it, the other will. They are likely waiting for the other company to move first. It really depends on which company will do it first. If I had to make a prediction, I would say that S&W would do it before Glock did, since S&W is an American company.

JMO.

I'm not saying they shouldn't, because they should cut them off. It'd have a major impact. I'm just skeptical.

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 02-18-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #32
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
The percentages are not as important as the public perception and the impact. Nobody gave a crap about Glock until cops started using them in the mid-to-late 80s, then Glock took over upwards of 75-80% of the market share of LE pistols. If it wasn't for LE, Glock would never have gotten to where they are now.
S&W is making a lot of in-roads with LE sales and they're quickly taking over a lot of Glock territory. I would suspect that S&W would not want to lose the momentum and give anything back up to Glock. Not to mention the fact that the M&P15 line is gaining a lot of ground in the patrol rifle realm.

Here's what I would say, specifically for Glock and S&W- If one does it, the other will. They are likely waiting for the other company to move first. It really depends on which company will do it first. If I had to make a prediction, I would say that S&W would do it before Glock did, since S&W is an American company.

JMO.
Fair enough. It seems (especially in Glock's case) that they are kind of a "household" name now. They don't need the LE backup to sell....kind of like Mcdonalds selling salads....if they stopped serving big macs tomorrow, their image is still fast junk food. I think this is an issue in only a few states, so the blockback wont be major from the targeted LE perspective, but the bonus of the 2nd amendment guys going gaga over the fact would spike their sales numbers. Obviously just a thought, based on no real evidence. I guess time will tell (as will the NY lawsuit.)
Old 02-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #33
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
i am waiting on the ny lawsuit to judge whether or not i will stay in ny. we'll have to see how the dust settles.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #34
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
I just ordered a nice amount of Saiga 12, AR, and AK mags tonight. Prices were good and all in stock. Had to make sure I have enough since this Colorado 15 round law. I should be good to go. Also, had a local guy trade me 200 rounds of .223 straight for 200 rounds of 9mm ammo. So far been a good day. I hope Magpul dumps this state and takes the jobs with them. Will see who gets elected next time in Colorado....LOL. They legalize pot...and ban mags, go figure. Bipolar state.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #35
Sentaruu

well they cant afford to have a bunch of drug addicts running around with 30 mags now can they
Old 02-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #36
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
I just ordered a nice amount of Saiga 12, AR, and AK mags tonight. Prices were good and all in stock. Had to make sure I have enough since this Colorado 15 round law. I should be good to go. Also, had a local guy trade me 200 rounds of .223 straight for 200 rounds of 9mm ammo. So far been a good day. I hope Magpul dumps this state and takes the jobs with them. Will see who gets elected next time in Colorado....LOL. They legalize pot...and ban mags, go figure. Bipolar state.
The sad thing is that Biden and the dems are all claiming that Magpul is bluffing. I hope they realize that Magpul doesn't bullshit and the State of Colorado gets fucked for this.

Glock Armorer

Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #37
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
i am waiting on the ny lawsuit to judge whether or not i will stay in ny. we'll have to see how the dust settles.
I would leave anyway (I did) but the lawsuit outcome may speed it up. NY has become a god awful place to live. Literally other than food, there is NOTHING good here.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #38
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
The sad thing is that Biden and the dems are all claiming that Magpul is bluffing. I hope they realize that Magpul doesn't bullshit and the State of Colorado gets fucked for this.
Do you believe they will hold up their end of the threat (I hope they do, just that sometimes companies like their bottom line more than their word.)
Old 02-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #39
Sentaruu

Quote:
I would leave anyway (I did) but the lawsuit outcome may speed it up. NY has become a god awful place to live. Literally other than food, there is NOTHING good here.
yea i wish it was that easy. truth be told, aside from the politcal BS and the taxes, i really do like NY. however, im working really hard on a promotion here at work, if and once i get the promotion i would be in a much better position (career wise) to move out of state. that and i need as much time to butter up the fiance as possible.

but i hope that magpul follows through and leaves CO and stops selling their products to both LE and MIL that would put a quick end to this shit. if all the manufacturers got together and decided not to sell anything to the govt if the LACs cant buy it we wouldnt be in this mess.

Last edited by Sentaruu; 02-18-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #40
Reedo302

Magpul? Oh hell yeah. There are half a dozen states that with throw subsidies and incentives at them to come to them. Magpul isn't bluffing. They're already shopping for a new location.

Glock Armorer