E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #1961
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,778
My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Awesomeeeee just tweaked my back on 185lb squats. Went down on rep 6/10 and as I rose a sharp pain on my lower back came. God dammit. I so fuucking mad right now.
Sorry to hear man!
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #1962
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Ok playing around in the gym while my gf a friend workout and I'm feeling a little better. I was front squatting the bar and felt no pain at all. I think I'll just be out for a week or two with squats and deads. Everything else should be fine.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #1963
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Holy **** is this painful. Woke up to pee and I'm in a lot of pain. It's just a pinching feeling in my lower right back. When I look down it pulls. I know I'll be ok soon but this pain is a little scary since it's in the back
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #1964
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,778
My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Holy **** is this painful. Woke up to pee and I'm in a lot of pain. It's just a pinching feeling in my lower right back. When I look down it pulls. I know I'll be ok soon but this pain is a little scary since it's in the back
Sounds like you may have pulled your lower trap.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #1965
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Sounds like you may have pulled your lower trap.
Is that all the way at the bottom. This morning is absolutely awful. Worst back pain of my life. I feel like a 90 year old man. I also don't think it's a muscle pull which scares me. It feels like a pinched nerve or something. I have felt similar feelings to this so I'm not too worried but it's really making me nervous about back squatting
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #1966
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
Lie on your back...grab your knees and slowly bring them to your chest. Help at all?
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #1967
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Lie on your back...grab your knees and slowly bring them to your chest. Help at all?
that doesn't hurt or help at all. That did when my SI joint was injured last year around this time though. I do think the 1000 squats I did over the past 5 weeks was too much for me to handle. I should have chilled for a week.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #1968
sweetbro858
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 549
My Ride: BMW
What's more difficult: Curling 80 pounds on an Olympic curl bar, or an EZ Curl Bar?
__________________
sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #1969
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbro858 View Post
What's more difficult: Curling 80 pounds on an Olympic curl bar, or an EZ Curl Bar?
Assuming "curl bar" means a regular bar? I'd think the ez curl bar is. Regular straight bars make it feel like my forearm bones are going to snap lol
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #1970
sweetbro858
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 549
My Ride: BMW
lol yeah, I don't know why I suddenly thought about this. Maybe it's a mental thing, maybe it feels different curling a bar that is twice as long, an issue of balancing it?

Yeah it kills my wrists too lol
__________________
sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #1971
sweetbro858
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 549
My Ride: BMW
Are these pendlay rows @ 1:50 ?

__________________
sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #1972
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Solly does it hurt when you try and tuck your chin to your chest
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #1973
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbro858 View Post
Are these pendlay rows @ 1:50 ?

Those look like bent over barbell rows Yates (traditional) style. Pendlay row the bar touches the ground each rep and its pullin more into the chest area
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #1974
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,778
My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Is that all the way at the bottom. This morning is absolutely awful. Worst back pain of my life. I feel like a 90 year old man. I also don't think it's a muscle pull which scares me. It feels like a pinched nerve or something. I have felt similar feelings to this so I'm not too worried but it's really making me nervous about back squatting
The traps start at the neck and V almost all the way down the back.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #1975
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Solly does it hurt when you try and tuck your chin to your chest
like you have no idea lol. It's like a rope is tide to my head and it pulls when I lower it. Again, very similar to the pain I've felt maybe 5 times in my life time. first when I was 18. It makes me think it will pass which is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
The traps start at the neck and V almost all the way down the back.
it's weird. It's not like a muscle soreness you get from a workout. It's deeper if you can imagine what I mean and a much different feeling.

Last edited by DylloS; 02-20-2013 at 12:02 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #1976
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
yeah I don't know exactly what muscle that is, but I've pulled the same thing doing squats. (it very well could be the traps, which makes sense since you pull on the traps when you nod downwards) You'll want to take it easy for a week. It sucks, but at least it isn't anything serious.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #1977
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
yeah I don't know exactly what muscle that is, but I've pulled the same thing doing squats. (it very well could be the traps, which makes sense since you pull on the traps when you nod downwards) You'll want to take it easy for a week. It sucks, but at least it isn't anything serious.
yea it's just discouraging. I was going to do arms tonight the realized everything involves bending over and picking up weights. I figured I'll give it the week and see how I feel. Def keeping carbs low in the down time. You think that's a good idea?

Last edited by DylloS; 02-20-2013 at 12:14 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #1978
J.DoubleU.O.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 1,007
My Ride: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
yea it's just discouraging. I was going to do arms tonight the realized everything involves bending over and picking up weights. I figured I'll give it the week and see how I feel. Def keeping carbs low in the down time. You think that's a good idea?
Hopefully it's not major. I tweaked my back last summer doing dead lift. It wasn't til two days later that I knew how bad. Went to get up out of a recliner at home and couldn't. Turns out once I went to the Dr that I had suffered a herniated disk, which in turn pinched my sciatic nerve and gave me muscle uncontrollable muscle spasms from my neck to my my calf for about 5 days. Pain was so unbearable too I pretty much couldn't get out of bed for 4-5 days. That was last June. I still have nerve problems in my lower left leg. Just got back in the gym Monday for the first time since last summer (fractured my right heel about a month after the back problems).

Hopefully you just tweaked it or lightly pulled something.

Last edited by J.DoubleU.O.; 02-20-2013 at 01:02 PM.
J.DoubleU.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #1979
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.DoubleU.O. View Post
Hopefully it's not major. I tweaked my back last summer doing dead lift. It wasn't til two days later that I knew how bad. Went to get up out of a recliner at home and couldn't. Turns out once I went to the Dr that I had suffered a herniated disk, which in turn pinched my sciatic nerve and gave me muscle uncontrollable muscle spasms from my neck to my my calf for about 5 days. Pain was so unbearable too I pretty much couldn't get out of bed for 4-5 days. That was last June. I still have nerve problems in my lower left leg. Just got back in the gym Monday for the first time since last summer (fractured my right heel about a month after the back problems).

Hopefully you just tweaked it or lightly pulled something.
That sounds awful. This definitely doesn't seem like that. Ill keep everyone posted. It is 100x better than when I rolled out of bed though. I forget if I mentioned it but my gf had to put my socks on for me this morning
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #1980
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
Is the pain near the spine?
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use