E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #41
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
yea i wish it was that easy. truth be told, aside from the politcal BS and the taxes, i really do like NY. however, im working really hard on a promotion here at work, if and once i get the promotion i would be in a much better position (career wise) to move out of state. that and i need as much time to butter up the fiance as possible.

but i hope that magpul follows through and leaves CO and stops selling their products to both LE and MIL that would put a quick end to this shit. if all the manufacturers got together and decided not to sell anything to the govt if the LACs cant buy it we wouldnt be in this mess.
At the very least bro, come join me on the other side of the river. I still work in NYC, but can have my AR and 15 rounds in it
Old 02-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #42
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Magpul? Oh hell yeah. There are half a dozen states that with throw subsidies and incentives at them to come to them. Magpul isn't bluffing. They're already shopping for a new location.
Hey man, I hope you're right. I guess it would be some seriously bad PR for them if they DIDN'T move out now. I hope Texas weather cools down so I can move there. Can't deal with the heat!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #43
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Magpul? Oh hell yeah. There are half a dozen states that with throw subsidies and incentives at them to come to them. Magpul isn't bluffing. They're already shopping for a new location.
They would move, they stated today they have a very fast action plan to get pmags pumping out in another state, then all their other product production will follow. They also said they will leave a small part of their business behind for the sole purpose of making their voice heard in the 2014 election to help get these jackasses out.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #44
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
They would move, they stated today they have a very fast action plan to get pmags pumping out in another state, then all their other product production will follow. They also said they will leave a small part of their business behind for the sole purpose of making their voice heard in the 2014 election to help get these jackasses out.
Love a company with a backbone.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #45
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Threads like these make me smile.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #46
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Magpul is so full of win. I think I'm going to order some more stuff to support them more.

They took this ad out in the Denver Sunday paper
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1361246418.410785.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	491325  
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #47
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
I hope they do pull out. I think Texas would be the perfect place for them. I also hope they ramp up production and sell 5 times as many now.

http://news.yahoo.com/colo-house-pas...211816177.html

Still pisses me off though. My Sig P226 TacOps came stock with 20 round mags. Also, what is to stop people from driving to Wyoming and picking up mags? How will they enforce this? They are talking about making manufacturers put dates on mags when they are sold to see if they are pre/post ban. Does that leave my house open to search and seizure at any time they want to come in and check my mags? What a joke.
Next they will want me to carry a paper to the range with my mag numbers on them saying they are pre-ban. Almost like having a Class 3 weapon.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #48
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
I hope they do pull out. I think Texas would be the perfect place for them. I also hope they ramp up production and sell 5 times as many now.

http://news.yahoo.com/colo-house-pas...211816177.html

Still pisses me off though. My Sig P226 TacOps came stock with 20 round mags. Also, what is to stop people from driving to Wyoming and picking up mags? How will they enforce this? They are talking about making manufacturers put dates on mags when they are sold to see if they are pre/post ban. Does that leave my house open to search and seizure at any time they want to come in and check my mags? What a joke.
Next they will want me to carry a paper to the range with my mag numbers on them saying they are pre-ban. Almost like having a Class 3 weapon.
You have no idea how sad this makes me. I really thought I was going to move to colorado in the next few years. Oh well, back to square one.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #49
carcus

All I can say to Colorado brothers....screw looking for ammo....stock up on mags while you can. You will thank me later. Feels good to know I am prepared.

I am more upset that this law does nothing to keep criminals and bad guys from getting weapons and hi cap mags....they do it the non legal way...DUH. What this does it limits the capability I have do defend my home and kinda puts a damper on my sport and hobby.

Matter of fact, this entire mess has really had an impact to legal sport shooters everywhere. I shot today at the range....was empty....no ammo anywhere. You gotta wonder if people were worried about zombies or something else.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #50
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
All I can say to Colorado brothers....screw looking for ammo....stock up on mags while you can. You will thank me later. Feels good to know I am prepared.

I am more upset that this law does nothing to keep criminals and bad guys from getting weapons and hi cap mags....they do it the non legal way...DUH. What this does it limits the capability I have do defend my home and kinda puts a damper on my sport and hobby.

Matter of fact, this entire mess has really had an impact to legal sport shooters everywhere. I shot today at the range....was empty....no ammo anywhere. You gotta wonder if people were worried about zombies or something else.
So it passed?!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #51
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Not yet.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #52
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
It's not over yet! Keep fighting this BS

http://coloradopeakpolitics.com/2013...-magazine-ban/
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #53
carcus

It will pass....Dems own the state. No way it will not be passed in the Senate.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #54
al0513

My Ride: 04 Silver Gray 330CI
Texas is great!!!! Larue is based down here. Magpul - You are welcome too!