E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #21
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
Quote:
Originally Posted by jott5555 View Post
Saiga's have a lot of feed issues and they are far too finicky. They take a good amount of money to make them super reliable.

I have a Sar arms Home defense shot gun, its semi auto 6rd cap and had feed hundreds of rounds without a hiccup. It is limited on capacity.
I was not aware of this. I'm glad I didn't get one then.

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #22
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Carcus has a Saiga12 and as soon as he got it he sent it in for an aftermarket overhaul in order to make it reliable, IIRC.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #23
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by learthworml View Post
Convert a Saiga...
Once I got my saiga 12 dialed in, it started running like a champ. I can shoot low brass and high brass.
GasKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #24
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Wow...it really is just cool looking POS....

Old 02-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #25
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jott5555 View Post
Saiga's have a lot of feed issues and they are far too finicky. They take a good amount of money to make them super reliable.

I have a Sar arms Home defense shot gun, its semi auto 6rd cap and had feed hundreds of rounds without a hiccup. It is limited on capacity.
My Saiga 12 works just fine. Runs even cheap Winchester or Federal bulk ammo. It should last forever. Nothing like a 20 round drum on a shotgun.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #26
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Carcus has a Saiga12 and as soon as he got it he sent it in for an aftermarket overhaul in order to make it reliable, IIRC.

Nope, just got the lighter spring for low brass, MD arms gas puck, and MD Arms V-Plug. Never polished the bolt or anything. Never had the gun touched by anyone. Very simple, cheap mods that work. Never had a problem with it.

Got it converted and shipped from Classic Arms for $600 shipped. Just added those few things and was running like a top for me and everyone who shot it. About 700 rounds through it now. One of my MOST favorite guns. Works great with the OEM 5 round mag, 10 round or 12 round mags.

$25 dollars to blow on some 7 1/2 shot cheap Federal Walmart ammo in 20 round drums is MORE than worth any experience you can have with a shotgun. Added my own bolt hold open also.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #27
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Wow, he had more malfunctions in the first 2 minutes of the video than I've had with my Benelli SBE over the past 13 years I've owned it.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 02-20-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #28
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Wow, he had more malfunctions in the first 2 minutes of the video than I've had with my Benelli SBE over the past 13 years I've owned it.
Reedo302, you would love my gun. I do most of the work myself on all my guns. Granted...I do not have a collection as nice as yours.

Most people get scared of the Saiga 12 stories...but once you figure out how simple the weapon is...and how little it needs......

It was a combat shotgun made for heavy loads, to make it shoot cheap low brass is the issue people have and it does not really take that much work. For what it is.....outstanding. Granted, good luck finding one at a decent price now though and the mags have went up in price way too much. I do look at the pretty glass bolt polish...but wonder why besides looks. Wish my 22LR pistols ate cheap ammo like this Saiga. I personally say any 22LR pistol without CCI MiniMags is the worst gun you can have with issues...my experience.