E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Well, Im one step closer to being a criminal...

NJ assembly passed all the new gun regulations today....including...

1) A reduction of magazine capacity from 15 to 10.
2) Ammo sales can only be done in person (not online) so stores can now rape everyone.

I guess my 10 glock 19 mags will make me a criminal soon.

It still needs to pass the senate, and Christie will have a chance to veto it (which me thinks since he wants to be president one day, he might want to consider it) but since he supports the AWB, there's a fat chance...no pun intended.

If this does pass, I'm out of here....seriously. It may be the straw that I have been looking for to leave this state.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...gun_bills.html

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/st...n-trenton.aspx

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-21-2013 at 06:25 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
wrighterjw10

My Ride: 2002 330ci
u needed a reason to leave NJ?
Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post
u needed a reason to leave NJ?
Work brosef, work....that and both my family and my wife's family are in NY/NJ, so it's hard. However, I don't want to live in a concentration camp.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
These laws are getting out of control...Maryland senate is debating/voting tonight on an "awb" as well...I have been contacting senators non stop lately but MD is full of a bunch of f0cking idiots...I'm hoping this gets voted against, we have a few good politicians fighting the good fight.. I did get this email back today, which was my favorite response, the rest of them made me want to throw up and gives me a little hope:
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write and share your thoughts with me on the anti-gun legislation before us this session. As I am sure you know, the Judicial Proceedings Committee had its hearing on SB 281, on February 6, 2013.

Those who came down to Annapolis that day to attend the rally and to testify against the SB 281 were nothing short of amazing. In all my years in Annapolis, I have never witnessed so many people as compassionate about their rights as citizens, their willingness to do whatever it took to be there, and then waiting for many long hours for the opportunity to testify.

It was quite obvious that the leadership in Annapolis was not prepared for the hundreds and hundreds of people wanting to speak before the Committee. I totally disagreed with cutting testimony off at 9 p.m. and only allowing those who had waited so patiently to give their name, where they lived and their position on the bill. Everyone should have been allowed their time to express their feelings towards these bills, even if it meant going well into the night or the early hours of the following day.

Many of the Marylanders I have heard from are well aware of my long standing position to protect our Second Amendment rights. For those of you who may not know me, I want to assure you that I am opposed to any and all legislation that infringes upon your Second Amendment right to bear arms. My record is clear on this issue as I have never voted in favor of any “anti-gun” legislation.

Please be watchful of the House crossover bill HB 294. As of February 8, it has not been scheduled for a hearing.

I will be working non-stop to defeat the Governor’s bills. Thank you for fighting the good fight with those of us who support the Second Amendment.

Sincerely,

Senator Nancy Jacobs
District 34, Harford and Cecil County
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
it is difficult to just pick up and move, especially if you have a decent job and family/community ties. and it just gets harder if your moving out of state. i hope he axes it. he will make more of a statement at this point axing the ban than he would letting it pass
Old 02-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
it is difficult to just pick up and move, especially if you have a decent job and family/community ties. and it just gets harder if your moving out of state. i hope he axes it. he will make more of a statement at this point axing the ban than he would letting it pass
I think that if he wants ANY hope to be president, he will need to veto this, but what do I know.

What I do know is that the wife and I are going to have a SERIOUS talk tonight.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I think that if he wants ANY hope to be president, he will need to veto this, but what do I know.

Good luck sir. Gonna be hard to justify leaving a state over gun-laws to someone who may not have the same feelings (not knowing your wife at all)
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
These laws are getting out of control...Maryland senate is debating/voting tonight on an "awb" as well...I have been contacting senators non stop lately but MD is full of a bunch of f0cking idiots...I'm hoping this gets voted against, we have a few good politicians fighting the good fight.. I did get this email back today, which was my favorite response, the rest of them made me want to throw up and gives me a little hope:
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write and share your thoughts with me on the anti-gun legislation before us this session. As I am sure you know, the Judicial Proceedings Committee had its hearing on SB 281, on February 6, 2013.

Those who came down to Annapolis that day to attend the rally and to testify against the SB 281 were nothing short of amazing. In all my years in Annapolis, I have never witnessed so many people as compassionate about their rights as citizens, their willingness to do whatever it took to be there, and then waiting for many long hours for the opportunity to testify.

It was quite obvious that the leadership in Annapolis was not prepared for the hundreds and hundreds of people wanting to speak before the Committee. I totally disagreed with cutting testimony off at 9 p.m. and only allowing those who had waited so patiently to give their name, where they lived and their position on the bill. Everyone should have been allowed their time to express their feelings towards these bills, even if it meant going well into the night or the early hours of the following day.

Many of the Marylanders I have heard from are well aware of my long standing position to protect our Second Amendment rights. For those of you who may not know me, I want to assure you that I am opposed to any and all legislation that infringes upon your Second Amendment right to bear arms. My record is clear on this issue as I have never voted in favor of any “anti-gun” legislation.

Please be watchful of the House crossover bill HB 294. As of February 8, it has not been scheduled for a hearing.

I will be working non-stop to defeat the Governor’s bills. Thank you for fighting the good fight with those of us who support the Second Amendment.

Sincerely,

Senator Nancy Jacobs
District 34, Harford and Cecil County
Its simply a matter of numbers my man. If your state has the democratic votes (and a democrat governor doesn't help) this sh!t passes. NJ is a full retard state, so I expect this to pass.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:

my fiance is most of the reason im not in texas right now haha i know how hard it is. but when it comes down to it i'd forefit my 2a rights if she says so.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #10
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
Quote:
NJ is a full retard state, so I expect this to pass.
So truez
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #11
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Its simply a matter of numbers my man. If your state has the democratic votes (and a democrat governor doesn't help) this sh!t passes. NJ is a full retard state, so I expect this to pass.
MD is 98% Full Retard...but we've been coming out in numbers and have had a couple organizations behind us...however our governor is the biggest jackass in the country... and he's got a couple pets that will do as instructed.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #12
NFRs2000nyc

Sigh....this really sucks. I should have f***ed off out of here before I had a kid.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #13
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I know a realtor in Virginia if you're looking to move.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #14
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
Good luck sir. Gonna be hard to justify leaving a state over gun-laws to someone who may not have the same feelings (not knowing your wife at all)
She has no problem leaving. Her only holdbacks are the facts that she has a good job and family. Granted, those are pretty serious holdbacks, but like I told her, we need to live our lives for US first and foremost. She wants a nice house. A nice house in NJ has property taxes over $14,000 a year. I refuse to buy a house in a place like this. I can move somewhere else, and buy a house and be able to afford to live my life working as a manager at Applebees. The amount of money I would need to shell out on a downpayment here for a decent house would BUY me a house elsewhere. Im not moving tomorrow, and the wife already knew it was on the burner, just that now it's being moved a little closer to the front. Remember, it starts with gun laws. The rest follow. I am looking to open a restaurant. In NJ, it will take close to 8 months before I could even open the doors. In a decent state like Texas, it would be A LOT faster. Do you know how much money those 8 months would cost me? There is a reason why businesses and people are running away from these full retard states.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #15
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
I know a realtor in Virginia if you're looking to move.
VA and NC were on my list if I decide to stay on the east coast....but I still prefer the Utah/Wyoming/AZ area.....thanks for the offer though...if it comes down to it, I will definitely take you up on that offer.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #16
NOVAbimmer

I'd probably pick Texas if we had to leave here. Id have a bit if trouble transferring jobs, but my wife would probably be fine.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #17
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
I'd probably pick Texas if we had to leave here. Id have a bit if trouble transferring jobs, but my wife would probably be fine.
I really REALLY don't like heat, and don't tolerate it too well. I can't live in a place where the AC is on 10 months a year. I also want to live in a Colorado style environment (forests, pine trees, etc) and 4 seasons. I gotta have my snow bro. (Utah is the exception.)

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-21-2013 at 08:17 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #18
NOVAbimmer

I'd be perfectly happy dropping down to two seasons and traveling to visit snow if I really want to see some.

The past few winters here have been a joke anyway, and spring and fall usually just kind of give it a miss.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #19
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
I'd be perfectly happy dropping down to two seasons and traveling to visit snow if I really want to see some.

The past few winters here have been a joke anyway, and spring and fall usually just kind of give it a miss.
Depends on which two seasons.... Hot and hotter isn't gonna cut it.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #20
tiloulou330i

My Ride: 02 330i zsp
Send a message via AIM to tiloulou330i Send a message via MSN to tiloulou330i Send a message via Yahoo to tiloulou330i
I'm also considering leaving this shithole called NJ.I think most of the blue states will be bankrupt soon.The only people that will stay in those states are the non-tax payers,welfare recipients with their free Obama phones.

Originally Posted by nawmean?
I know I sound naive, but some of the advice I've taken from this board has helped my life quite a bit
tiloulou330i is offline   Reply With Quote