E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #21
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
Cabin filter on mine is at the back of the engine bay when you're looking at the car. It's that long rectangular thing on the top back of your engine, with a cover, right under the hood vents (if the hood was closed). Just unscrew the two plastics screws on each end, remove the cover, and the cabin filter is in there. I'm sure there is a DIY with pics somewhere on the site.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #22
Redflea

My Ride: 2005 330Ci/2003 530i
The absolute easiest DIY I found on this (just did this to my wife's vert) is this one. Best instructions/images w/guides that I found. The best part is that it also includes some nice cleavage.

http://www.thebmwforum.com/Thread-DI...t-Installation

Really excellent stuff like this:

And this is also very useful:

Just skip the motion sensor section for a vert.

My car has the blinking lights at lock/unlock but the alarm is NOT enabled after installing siren and tilt sensor in the trunk. So don't assume that if you have the blinky lights when lock/unlock that you won't need to get the alarm coded to be enabled.

I had to buy the bolt for the siren (bought it used and it wasn't included) - in case anyone needs that info it is M6x16.

Last edited by Redflea; 02-14-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Redflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #23
Redflea

My Ride: 2005 330Ci/2003 530i
Oh, and meant to confirm something...when I plugged in the connector to my siren after bolting it in place, the siren let out two quiet chirps, which I interpreted to mean "Hi there, I'm connected and working just fine."

Did anyone else hear those two little chirps when they hooked up their siren?
Redflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #24
chapa6sigma

My Ride: Motorcar
Thanks for all the information and the other link with the detailed pictures of the install. I'm hoping once I find a siren and get it plugged in that I will hear some chirps. That is all I wanted.
chapa6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #25
Brucio325cic

My Ride: 2005 325ci Cabrio
Sorry for the late reply, I got the car it already have tint on it. As far as the cabin filter, open your hood, look all the way to the rear part of the hood by the firewall. Theres a grey color access panel. It has 3 tabs that you turn & lift, Voila, youre there. FYI... theres tons of videos on Utube for anything & everything E46. Cabin Filter replace, Valve cover gasket, brakes, anything you want to service / repair...Utube will have a video on DIY... Good Luck Partner, & enjoy your Car. I sure am enjoying the **** out of mine!!
"Pull up to the scene with my ceiling missing"
Brucio325cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #26
chapa6sigma

hey thanks for tips. I was able to find the right area and remove some things on my own. I bought a cheap torx set to use. I just found a site that has bmw parts and I can order the exact bmw siren and bmw siren holder part for around 130 bucks I think. Hopefully I'll be able to get that soon. I love my car, it has almost 49,500 miles on it. I actually don't want to see the big 5 zero! My 2005 should hopefully retain a lot of value. I'm actually starting to use my car just for occassional weekend use - which makes me miss driving it more. I'm the second owner. First guy really never drove it and I picked it up a couple years ago with 19,000. I had a lot of fun putting 30 k miles on it. I upgraded my headlights to a different k temp. I upgraded fog lights to HID with same k temp. Other than some upgraded custom installed bass and additional amp and capacitor and an 3.5mm input jack...i've kept the car pretty stock. It already had some upgrades including harmon kardon system which i love. I also added the infamous lip spoiler, a verty subtle touch. A clean looking actual bmw license plate holder with no visible screws. No licence in front of car at all. vanity license plates. bmw air tire caps. I kept it simple. Any and all other automotive money for this car went to top of the line gasoline, car care products, and maintenance/repairs/ (when the warranty expired) and good tires. Finding a GOOD mechanic was tough! I went through five or six after leaving the comfort of the dealers warranty and free rentals.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #27
Poncho@home

My Ride: MY04 330Cic ZSP
Quote:
I just found a site that has bmw parts and I can order the exact bmw siren and bmw siren holder part for around 130 bucks I think
What site?
Poncho@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #28
chapa6sigma

website for bmw parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho@home View Post
What site?
Hi,

I was searching for exact siren part for my 2005 and luckily was able to find exact number for the siren and for the "holder" or mount (not included with siren when you buy each on its own). Of course if you want the whole kit that is available.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/65758383153/ES183090/

That link will take you to the siren which I'm going to get soon. bmw part.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/65758377290/ES183081/

This is what I found for the bracket.

Just type out exact part # in search OR

Put in your vehicle in the tabs on left of main page. Then select it in the middle drop down box. Then put in search alarm.