E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 12:45 AM   #21
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Glad this was bumped. OP can you give us an update on how the coils are holding up.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:04 AM   #22
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdkhan1 View Post
WHat are the spring rates (numbers) on your two front springs? also are you dropped all the way? Please let me know asap thanks.
OP said he was slammed when driving out of the garage bay.

Interested in this also.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #23
abdkhan1

My Ride: 2005 BMW 325ci
I know you've been having some issues with these coils not going low enough. Did you find a fix to this? I'm about to install these on Sunday but my front springs are 60-200. I contacted kw and they're not doing **** about this problem. Adam isn't even returning my calls wtf!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
OP said he was slammed when driving out of the garage bay.

Interested in this also.
abdkhan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #24
hybrid90

My Ride: 2011 335i
Hey guys!

Sorry for the VERY late response, but I didn't even realize that the thread had been bumped.

A new update as of Mid-November:

The coilovers are holding up very well. They have gotten a bit softer over time, but then again, I have put about 13K miles on them in the last 10 mos. They are still firm enough to handle curves and irregularities, but they are very comfortable. But this may be due to the fact that I've simply gotten used to the ride, which is still exceptional. It is still firm and compliant, but doesn't beat you to death on long drives. But you DO feel the road enough to connect to it which is a big plus in my opinion. I drive a minimum of 20 miles a day and the roads aren't perfect with a mixture of uneven pavement, railroad crossings and such. I also had the suspension checked out about a month ago and they told me that the suspension was doing just fine. I've actually been considering dropping the coils a bit more, but haven't decided yet. It IS nice to know that if I choose to, I can go at least another 3/4" lower (I believe it's actually more, but I'm not certain).

As far as the spring rates go, I honestly couldn't tell you as I don't know. But I"m sure that the guys over at Modbargains prob either have that information or can get it.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #25
Krystian_E46

My Ride: E46 M3,AA3 ZHP,S544D
Send a message via AIM to Krystian_E46 Send a message via Skype™ to Krystian_E46

Do these still have good reviews ? Anyone else used them ? I'm looking for a set of KW's but for a good price what ModBargains is selling these now I might actually consider them.

Owner of many E46's :)
[Currently own 2004 M3, 2005 AA 2.5 Kit ZHP(SOLD), S54 Sedan, 01 330ci and 1 Coupe 1 Sedan 1 E46 M3 parts cars]

Last edited by Krystian_E46; 02-20-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Krystian_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #26
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
I've been wanting these for years... maybe if my Bilstein sports ever get tired. It is funny though that people complain of them not going low enough.

I'd complain about them not going high enough!

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #27
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian_E46 View Post

Do these still have good reviews ? Anyone else used them ? I'm looking for a set of KW's but for a good price what ModBargains is selling these now I might actually consider them.
We sell KW & ST Suspension and both are very good. I personally have a bias with the KW Variants over the ST but nonetheless they both perform amazing over factory. We have a used set from a E46 M3 if your interested please feel free to contact me and I will be more than glad to assist you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
I've been wanting these for years... maybe if my Bilstein sports ever get tired. It is funny though that people complain of them not going low enough.

Bilstein's are good but when they finally are done give me a call. As for high enough suspension we can workout a deal on a lift kit for your BMW
Phone: 305.233.9300 Ext. 232 | Fax: 305-253-8921

Last edited by Viral@ActiveAutowerke; 02-20-2013 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Auto-save 1361382436
Viral@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #28
ModBargains III
Sponsor

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian_E46 View Post

I've got KW V2's on my E46, and now I have KW V3's on my newest project, so I'm a big fan of KW and how comfortable they are when you want them to be, and how well they perform as well. Just shoot me over a PM real quick, we can work out details on the price

Sales | Sales@ModBargains.com |(714) 582-3330
We Specialize In: BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | BMW Parts | BMW Exhaust Experts | BMW Tail Lights |
BMW Wheels In Stock | BMW Intake Experts
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates & discounts!
ModBargains III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #29
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral@ActiveAutowerke View Post
We sell KW & ST Suspension and both are very good. I personally have a bias with the KW Variants over the ST but nonetheless they both perform amazing over factory. We have a used set from a E46 M3 if your interested please feel free to contact me and I will be more than glad to assist you.

Bilstein's are good but when they finally are done give me a call. As for high enough suspension we can workout a deal on a lift kit for your BMW
Thanks but i actually know the largest KW distributor. doubt you can beat the price i can get??

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #30
Euro604

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
My dad has ST Coilovers on his Mk4 VW Jetta and they are great. No suprises here

2002 330ci, Scwartz Black, AFE Intake, Muffler Delete, 18" CSL Replicas
Euro604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #31
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post

Setting the front coilovers midway made my car sit higher than the stock non-sport suspension. Exactly how high do you want to sit?

The lowest setting before my springs were replaced was preety much exactly where you are with your current setup.

Tags
st coilovers, zhp