E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 606
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
My father is an anti..

But his desk gun for over 20 years was an uzi with 32 round stick mag, and a a spare mag with another one taped to the bottom of it. My fathers an anti but he has had his business ccw (in ny thats as rare as a unicorn) for almost 30 years and never not has a firearm on him. My father is an anti but he sleeps with a winchester defender 12g next to him. My father is an anti but made me shoot a 12g when I was 6 years old. He's an anti but believes everyone should have a gun in the house. I guess having a gun pulled on you more than John Mclain would make you not like guns, but always have one on you.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,480
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
I dont think he is an anti-gun..... sounds like he just wishes the world was less full of crime where he didn't have to take such measures.

The WORST type of anti's are the ones that preach "I AM 100% FOR the 2nd AMENDMENT!!!!!!!!!!!..." followed by anything after a "but"

Like....

"Hunting is a right"
"We need common sense laws"
"Who needs to carry outside your house"
"Who needs more than 4 bullets"

etc....
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 02-27-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Auto-save 1361980948
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 606
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
The things he says are anti. People dont need ar15's, but he has an ar15. The world would be better without guns, but he has a safe full of guns
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,480
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
The things he says are anti. People dont need ar15's, but he has an ar15. The world would be better without guns, but he has a safe full of guns
That's called a hypocrite (no offense)
I'd love to hear his justification for owning them though

Whatever his answer... reply with "Doesn't everyone have the same right?"
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 02-27-2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Auto-save 1361982418
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 606
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Extremely hypocritical. But I'm I do business with his old friends and they tell me he used to be a gun nut too. But I get why he's like this. He's been robbed more times than I can remember. We actually have old security footage (from 95) of 2 guys with sawed offs invading his old back office in one of his stores. They made my father and uncle lay on the ground while they wiped the office out.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,480
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Extremely hypocritical. But I'm I do business with his old friends and they tell me he used to be a gun nut too. But I get why he's like this. He's been robbed more times than I can remember. We actually have old security footage (from 95) of 2 guys with sawed offs invading his old back office in one of his stores. They made my father and uncle lay on the ground while they wiped the office out.
Understandable, but what people don't realize... if guns didn't exist, he would've been robbed with knives. He needs to hate and want to reduce/remove the criminal, not the object.
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,759
My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Understandable, but what people don't realize... if guns didn't exist, he would've been robbed with knives. He needs to hate and want to reduce/remove the criminal, not the object.
Exactly...no guns they could have just beaten him with a crow bar and baseball bat. criminals will always find a tool to use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 557
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Understandable, but what people don't realize... if guns didn't exist, he would've been robbed with knives. He needs to hate and want to reduce/remove the criminal, not the object.


JJ, thanks for the amusement.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post


JJ, thanks for the amusement.
is your position that crime would stop if guns disappeared? Are you arguing that guns cause crime?
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #10
nbtstatic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 272
My Ride: 04-330ci-SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
is your position that crime would stop if guns disappeared? Are you arguing that guns cause crime?
Yea, apparently there was no crime at all before guns. Must have been a really peaceful time to live in.
__________________
Nb
nbtstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #11
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbtstatic View Post
Yea, apparently there was no crime at all before guns. Must have been a really peaceful time to live in.
I feel bad for making fun of the mentally challenged, but he makes it so easy.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #12
Rush4theYehO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,395
My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
is your position that crime would stop if guns disappeared? Are you arguing that guns cause crime?
No, criminals cause crime. The tool they use changes with time.

Last edited by Rush4theYehO; 02-27-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #13
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,480
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/pa/pittsburgh/crime/

BadFast.... here ya go 7 Million results to look at
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=robbery+knife


__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 02-27-2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Auto-save 1361992996
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 557
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
is your position that crime would stop if guns disappeared? Are you arguing that guns cause crime?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbtstatic View Post
Yea, apparently there was no crime at all before guns. Must have been a really peaceful time to live in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I feel bad for making fun of the mentally challenged, but he makes it so easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I stopped replying to BadFast a little while back after I realized he might just be.
The stuff he posts.... what other conclusion could a person come to?

BadFast.... here ya go
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=robbery+knife
I only had to make one comment and all you mental midgets just unravel. You guys make it...oh...so...easy.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #15
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,480
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
I only had to make one comment and all you mental midgets just unravel. You guys make it...oh...so...easy.
If you had an opposing opinion, I welcome it for debate and discussion.

If you post something, with the sole intention of causing drama and trolling... well, that will have consequences. Don't troll this subforum. If you want to participate, keep it on topic

Last and final warning, otherwise, go play in OT
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 02-27-2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Auto-save 1361993029
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 557
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Great video. Funny you argue against gun control for the benefit of the robber (they will just use knives, may as well let them have guns). Surprised you didn't argue for the potential victims that effectively defending yourself requires a gun. JJ, why don't you try and play on the side of the good guy?
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,480
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Great video. Funny you argue against gun control for the benefit of the robber (they will just use knives, may as well let them have guns). Surprised you didn't argue for the potential victims that effectively defending yourself requires a gun. JJ, why don't you try and play on the side of the good guy?
Your comment doesn't make any sense to me

I do argue against gun control in defense of the law abiding citizen, not the criminal. Criminals by definition don't follow laws, hence "Gun Control" is inherently flawed.
People should have whatever tools gives them the BEST method of self defense
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 02-27-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Auto-save 1361993224
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #18
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 557
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
If you had an opposing opinion, I welcome it for debate and discussion.

If you post something, with the sole intention of causing drama and trolling... well, that will have consequences. Don't troll this subforum. If you want to participate, keep it on topic

Last and final warning, otherwise, go play in OT
Don't shoot!
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #19
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,025
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I dont think he is an anti-gun..... sounds like he just wishes the world was less full of crime where he didn't have to take such measures.

The WORST type of anti's are the ones that preach "I AM 100% FOR the 2nd AMENDMENT!!!!!!!!!!!..." followed by anything after a "but"

Like....

"Hunting is a right"
"We need common sense laws"
"Who needs to carry outside your house"
"Who needs more than 4 bullets"

etc....
This this this.

My friend (who now is considering buying a Glock) said to me no more than 3 months ago that "the world would be a better place if all guns were removed... so there should be nothing wrong with a nationwide ban on them".

The fatal flaw in his logic is that it PRESUMES THAT CRIMINALS WILL OBEY THE LAW. The gun isn't a tool of empowerment for villains... it's a tool of empowerment for EVERYONE because now the common thug has to be concerned that the little old lady he'd like to mug (or the hot 18 year old he'd like to rape) MAY have a gun on them. It doesn't empower criminals.. it empowers US by leveling the playing field regardless of physical stature or brute strength. The little old lady and the 18 year old hottie are equally as dangerous as the huge tough guy when they have a pistol in their hand.

Anti gun people live in a fantasy land where they believe they can mitigate, through laws, evil. It's preposterous and even more naive than the notion that socialism or communism can work.. human evil WILL ALWAYS EXIST.. and that's precisely why we NEED guns.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #20
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
This this this.

My friend (who now is considering buying a Glock) said to me no more than 3 months ago that "the world would be a better place if all guns were removed... so there should be nothing wrong with a nationwide ban on them".

The fatal flaw in his logic is that it PRESUMES THAT CRIMINALS WILL OBEY THE LAW. The gun isn't a tool of empowerment for villains... it's a tool of empowerment for EVERYONE because now the common thug has to be concerned that the little old lady he'd like to mug (or the hot 18 year old he'd like to rape) MAY have a gun on them. It doesn't empower criminals.. it empowers US by leveling the playing field regardless of physical stature or brute strength. The little old lady and the 18 year old hottie are equally as dangerous as the huge tough guy when they have a pistol in their hand.

Anti gun people live in a fantasy land where they believe they can mitigate, through laws, evil. It's preposterous and even more naive than the notion that socialism or communism can work.. human evil WILL ALWAYS EXIST.. and that's precisely why we NEED guns.
The sad part is, some people actually believe this.

__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use