E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #41
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 826
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. -- Corinthians 14:34-35
I'm sure all of the female priests, cardinals and bishops will disagree with this. As will the ones currently in the conclave to decide the new pope.



Oh, wait a second......
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #42
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Tens of millions of people refers to a small percentage of the world's muslims, but that is still A LOT of people, that was my only point.
Is your point validated by any empirical evidence or are you guessing?
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #43
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 913
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
Is your point validated by any empirical evidence or are you guessing?
What evidence are you referring to? Government based on Sharia law? Supporters of terrorist groups? Modern day stoning? Or maybe that on any day of the week you can find stories like these?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2773631.html

Im not sure what exactly you are looking for in terms of evidence?
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #44
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 581
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
What evidence are you referring to? Government based on Sharia law? Supporters of terrorist groups? Modern day stoning? Or maybe that on any day of the week you can find stories like these?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2773631.html

Im not sure what exactly you are looking for in terms of evidence?
You threw the number out, how did you define the study that resulted in tens of millions?
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #45
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
You threw the number out, how did you define the study that resulted in tens of millions?
+1

There must have been a methodology behind quantifying the number of individuals in question. I simply want to ensure he's not passing off opinion as fact.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #46
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 913
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
The worlds current muslim population is a little north of 2.2 billion people.
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/27/...ation-doubles/

Even if we took the bottom of the barrel figure of 1% of muslims support sharia law, that would leave 22 million people. However, we all know 1% is an anecdotal number.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...law-in-UK.html

Having said that, since those numbers don't agree with your view of the world, they are obviously stupid, juvenile, irrelevant, and pedestrian. Apologies.
__________________

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-28-2013 at 11:57 AM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #47
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: I'm alive
Posts: 4,889
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post



Have you even held a copy of a Qu'ran much less read some of the passages? It's littered with just as much compassion and warm feelings as the bible is, and also has just as much crazy sh1t in it like the bible does. People all throughout history have used their religion of choice to murder and cause harm so this is nothing unique. The main point is that that whole region over there has been steeped in violence for centuries. Is it a problem? Absolutely. Is it a problem of the entire religion?
.
I have a copy of the Qu'ran given to me as a gift from an Egyptian friend who wanted me to convert. Should I let Chase read it?
__________________
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #48
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Having said that, since those numbers don't agree with your view of the world, they are obviously stupid, juvenile, irrelevant, and pedestrian. Apologies.
Obviously.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #49
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 826
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
I have a copy of the Qu'ran given to me as a gift from an Egyptian friend who wanted me to convert. Should I let Chase read it?
I've got a copy from when I lived over there (briefly.....6 months) when I was 12. One of my dads friends gave it to me as it's a traditional welcome gift, or some such.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #50
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: I'm alive
Posts: 4,889
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I've got a copy from when I lived over there (briefly.....6 months) when I was 12. One of my dads friends gave it to me as it's a traditional welcome gift, or some such.
You lived in the ME? Now I see where you got the influence for that badass beard you rock.
__________________
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #51
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 826
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
You lived in the ME? Now I see where you got the influence for that badass beard you rock.


That beard is long gone....too itchy and my wife commented that I looked homeless.

I was in Cairo with my dad while he worked over there for a while. I'm sure it helped shape my thoughts on religion, namely that one's religion is almost entirely based on what region of the world that person was born into.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #52
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 581
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
The worlds current muslim population is a little north of 2.2 billion people.
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/27/...ation-doubles/

Even if we took the bottom of the barrel figure of 1% of muslims support sharia law, that would leave 22 million people. However, we all know 1% is an anecdotal number.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...law-in-UK.html

Having said that, since those numbers don't agree with your view of the world, they are obviously stupid, juvenile, irrelevant, and pedestrian. Apologies.
Your conclusions are stupid, juvenile, irrelevant, and pedestrian because they lack any actual research methodology. They don't agree with my view because your number is arbitrary.

Like most everything you post it was pulled out of your ass.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #53
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Your conclusions are stupid, juvenile, irrelevant, and pedestrian because they lack any actual research methodology. They don't agree with my view because your number is arbitrary.

Like most everything you post it was pulled out of your ass.
Well now, maybe he's an analytical methodologist.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use