E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #121
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapier7 View Post
Let's examine the immediate context of this discussion.

Our conversation basically breaks down into this:

You: Hispanics vote Democrat because they're poor and want handouts.

Me: Asians vote Democrat. Are they poor and want handouts?

You: Uh....

*days later*

You: These ****ing *****s want to get as much money from the government teat as possible. They're natural Democrats!

The actual point I was trying to make is that Asians, as a whole, make more money, have more education, and have lower levels of unemployment than non-Hispanic whites. They are the only Federally tracked racial demographic that is, on average, socioeconomically superior to whites.

And my sources are the Census and the BLS, not a study conducted by an anti-immigration website.

Asians are more likely than whites to have a college degree. They are more likely to work in the private sector. They make more money overall. And they voted for President Obama at a rate higher than Hispanics, who are less educated than whites. Who make less money. And who have higher levels of unemployment.

So maybe all these minorities don't like voting for the Republican Party because maybe they feel like the GOP is openly hostile towards immigrants and minorities. Given that minorities are more likely to be immigrants (or descended from 1st generation Americans), maybe that antipathy makes them vote for the party that doesn't talk down to them (as much).

Your example of Chinese bus drivers trying to milk as much EITC money from the Federal government as possible is laughable because it's such a pathetic attempt at trying to paint a specific Asian sub-demographic as "natural democrats".
Again you lump all Asians together, I thought you didn't want to do that? Wow, shocker. Oddly enough, you rely on the false assumption that all Asians that immigrate to America are more wealthy as they cross the border than other ethnicities. Again, you're short sighted and predictably wrong. You're misguided source of Asian pride has turned you into some sort of Asiancentric racist, shame on you for that.

You've made no cognizant points at all. You sit here with your racist nonsense completely ignoring the economic status of immediate Asian immigrants. Not surprisingly, you're emotionally involved in this. As a result of your heart-driven illogical argument you have failed to refute a single thing. Don't worry Rapier, ASIANS RULE!!!! Yeah, we're better than you! You have some seriously deep issues, you should probably talk to someone.

So wait, how rich are Asian immigrants when they come here? Do Asians come here with more wealth than other ethnicities or do they acquire wealth faster once they are here? Oh you can only talk about Asian Americans doing well once they got here, gotcha.

p.s - oh yeah Asian Al Sharpton, I'm pretty sure your censored **** words were a futile attempt at race baiting. That's pathetic. For anyone keeping track, this is an inane attempt at someone trying to pull credibility rank due to the color of their skin or the shape of their eyes. Absolutely illogical and intellectually dishonest.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."

Last edited by Act of God; 03-01-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:03 AM   #122
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Again you lump all Asians together, I thought you didn't want to do that? Wow, shocker. Oddly enough, you rely on the false assumption that all Asians that immigrate to America are more wealthy as they cross the border than other ethnicities. Again, you're short sighted and predictably wrong. You're misguided source of Asian pride has turned you into some sort of Asiancentric racist, shame on you for that.

You've made no cognizant points at all. You sit here with your racist nonsense completely ignoring the economic status of immediate Asian immigrants. Not surprisingly, you're emotionally involved in this. As a result of your heart-driven illogical argument you have failed to refute a single thing. Don't worry Rapier, ASIANS RULE!!!! Yeah, we're better than you! You have some seriously deep issues, you should probably talk to someone.

So wait, how rich are Asian immigrants when they come here? Do Asians come here with more wealth than other ethnicities or do they acquire wealth faster once they are here? Oh you can only talk about Asian Americans doing well once they got here, gotcha.

p.s - oh yeah Asian Al Sharpton, I'm pretty sure your censored **** words were a futile attempt at race baiting. That's pathetic. For anyone keeping track, this is an inane attempt at someone trying to pull credibility rank due to the color of their skin or the shape of their eyes. Absolutely illogical and intellectually dishonest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
If there is one thing I despise most it's blacks always pulling the race card. It's so annoying and is often misplaced.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #123
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Sad to see someone of his caliber resort to race baiting

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Old 03-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #124
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Quote:
Sad to see someone of his caliber resort to race baiting
I have been keeping track and the current score is:

you = as$hole

Last edited by badfast; 03-01-2013 at 10:54 AM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #125
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post

you = as$hole
Attaboy badfast. Top work.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App
Old 03-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #126
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post

you = as$hole
I'm crushed that I'll be left off your winter solstice card list

Old 03-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #127
Act of God

Oh lookey here, looks like our government doesn't even enforce the public charge LAW and just lets anyone in.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/01/st...-risk-in-2011/
Quote:
A February State Department memo reveals that from 2001 to 2011, only 0.02 percent of all immigrant and nonimmigrant visa applications were denied because the potential entrants risked becoming "public charges," or individuals who are primarily reliant on welfare for subsistence.

For 2011 alone, that figure stood at just 0.0033 percent.

The information came in a letter obtained by The Daily Caller and penned by Thomas B. Gibbons, the State Department's acting assistant secretary for legislative affairs, in response to a Sept. 25 oversight request from Republican Sens. Jeff Sessions, Chuck Grassley, Orrin Hatch and Pat Roberts about the enforcement of Section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The law bars individuals who "at the time of application for admission or adjustment of status ... [are] likely at any time to become a public charge" from entry into the United States.

According to the data, contained in the letter, the total number of immigrant visas processed from 2001-2011 was 85,193,456. Of those, just 13,115 were denied on public charge grounds, or 0.015 percent. The number of nonimmigrant (or those requesting temporary entry) visa applications processed from 2001-2011 was 5,831,603. Of those, 125,019 were denied due to the public charge statute, or 2.14 percent.

In total, 0.15 percent of all immigrant and nonimmigrant visas were denied on the basis of becoming a public charge from 2001 to 2011. Despite the initial refusals, however, thousands were able to later overcome their public charge findings - meaning that over those 10 years, just 0.02 percent of all applications were denied on public charge grounds.

In 2011, the most recent year for which data were provided, the percentage was even smaller. In 2011, the percentage of all visa applications (both immigrant and nonimmigrant), minus those that were able to overcome their initial public charge findings, was 0.0033 percent.

Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, the ranking member on the Senate budget committee and an advocate for enforcement of current immigration law, slammed the State Department for the letter's revelations.

"The data just provided by the State Department, like that recently provided by the Department of Homeland Security, dramatically confirms that federal public charge law is not being enforced," he said in a statement. "This helps explain a study showing that 36 percent of immigrant-headed households receive at least one major welfare program, adding billions to their cost."
This goes along with my ignored post of 60% of immigrants using a welfare program. We used to be a nation of laws, now we're a nation of men. The ship be sinkin'!

Old 03-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #128
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
We used to be a nation of laws, now we're a nation of men. The ship be sinkin'!
And how many highway patrol and cops see people doing 2 miles over the spped limit every day and don't write them tickets.

Laws have always been selectively enforced, and you know it.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote