E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #21
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
See above. Any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi09 View Post
Think I take 5 grams. I use one scoop mixed with a scoop of creatine. Sipping it during your workout is good too, but easier for me to take it before. Taking it after would be good, but I just do regular whey after instead.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #22
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Get more sleep. 5 hours is a joke. Once you get at least 8 hours, and you still have a problem, think about other factors. Right now all you should be worried about is lack of sleep because not only does it effect your ability to train but also your ability to recover.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #23
Nike11

My Ride: 2000 328i
You don't know how many bcaas cause it just shows a mixture of all of them so I would take 5- 10 grams pure bcaas. Like dabears said you need to get your sleep in. How much do you weigh? Carbs should be 1-1 ratio depending on Your goals
Old 03-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #24
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post
lol

I will say this... Some people do like to use "overtraining" as an excuse. It is an extremely over-used term, but very few actually know what it really is. It is very real and is something that happens long term. You just can't base it off a workout session. Variables like how you train, the intensity you train at, the frequency trained at during the week, the amount of volume you're doing, your rest/recovery period, proper nutrition, your progression (or lack there of), how you feel, etc... all play a very important roll.
+1

Another candid endorsement that I agree with.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #25
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Get more sleep. 5 hours is a joke. Once you get at least 8 hours, and you still have a problem, think about other factors. Right now all you should be worried about is lack of sleep because not only does it effect your ability to train but also your ability to recover.
For real.. I got 6 hours last night, and I feel DRAINED. There's no way I could give my all at the gym today, luckily today is a rest day.
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #26
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
+1

Another candid endorsement that I agree with.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #27
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike11 View Post
You don't know how many bcaas cause it just shows a mixture of all of them so I would take 5- 10 grams pure bcaas. Like dabears said you need to get your sleep in. How much do you weigh? Carbs should be 1-1 ratio depending on Your goals
then why did you say this? lol
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #28
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post
lol

I will say this... Some people do like to use "overtraining" as an excuse. It is an extremely over-used term, but very few actually know what it really is. It is very real and is something that happens long term. You just can't base it off a workout session. Variables like how you train, the intensity you train at, the frequency trained at during the week, the amount of volume you're doing, your rest/recovery period, proper nutrition, your progression (or lack there of), how you feel, etc... all play a very important roll.
Good to see you.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #29
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Good to see you.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #30
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
You have to know what your body can handle. If you feel like you're doing shitty reps, stop.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #31
Sensi09

My Ride: __
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
See above. Any ideas?
Like everyone said, just eat and sleep more.

Other than that, you can look at your workout and volume. Could be something as simple as switching your workout around or chalking it up to a bad day. I like BCAAs, but don't think it's the answer to your problems.
Sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #32
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
The time you can go during a workout is definitely dependent upon the intensity of the workout. Most of the time I'm building, so I am waiting 90 seconds or more between heavy sets. I take my time while building. When I do this, I can go 90 minutes to 2hrs without a problem. I'm somewhat spent, but it's not utter hell.
In contrast, during a cutting phase I'm doing high-intensity stuff and am resting no more than 45 seconds between sets. My reps are much higher and rest times are shorter, so I'm good for about 45-70 minutes, max.

In re the BCAAs, I take them intra-workout. I have found that drinking an intra-workout drink while I'm working out helps keep my energy levels up and supplement the electrolytes. I tend to prefer both a carb and BCAA mix, but a straight BCAA mix is enough to supplement things.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote