E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 68 votes, 4.93 average.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #35201
latino1ny

My Ride: BSM 335i
I'm not talking Eibach coilovers though, just the sportline springs, which I would pair with Koni STR.T's (possibly thinking about the yellows though) How much of a drop would you say I would get with either of those? Which Teins are you on? S Tech or H Tech?
'08 BSM E92 335i 6MT/KW V1s/matte black grills/blacked out side markers/complete LED interior kit/DCI/M-aero front lip/Alcantara shift boot/Clutch stop/CDV delete/LED reverse lights/muffler delete/Cyba scoops/3.8" Cyba tips

latino1ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #35202
Impulsed7

My Ride: just an M3, sort of
when he said eibach coils, that means the springs. not coilovers as you are referring to the term.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #35203
latino1ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snik View Post
I preferred the ride of the eibach coilovers. Granted they ha way less miles.
This is what I was referring to
'08 BSM E92 335i 6MT/KW V1s/matte black grills/blacked out side markers/complete LED interior kit/DCI/M-aero front lip/Alcantara shift boot/Clutch stop/CDV delete/LED reverse lights/muffler delete/Cyba scoops/3.8" Cyba tips

Old 02-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #35204
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsed7 View Post
when he said eibach coils, that means the springs. not coilovers as you are referring to the term.
No. I had eibach prokit coilovers. Not springs and shocks.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #35205
dcw242

My Ride: a dinosaur
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm5 View Post
you'll be back. clown shoe in your future no?
http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/3643218598.html

Z3m
Old 02-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #35206
robb1887

My Ride: 00 Mshoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw242 View Post
Fixed.

Thanks for the heads up; however, its not an M, but an M-package, meaning "sport" package on the 3.0L Z3 coupe. Not a bad car, but the price is high for non-M considering you can find minorly higher mile M's in that price range.
robb1887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #35207
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
yea non M whats the point
jwm5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #35208
robb1887

It looks kinda like the M but if I'm paying 15K for a 12+ year old car its gonna be an M
Old 02-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #35209
pverg001

My Ride: 2001 330ci

Last edited by pverg001; 02-27-2013 at 05:36 PM.
pverg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #35210
dcw242

Saw a clean black e30 m3 at little creek. Some navy boy's. Car looks good. Anyone know whos it is?
Old 03-01-2013, 02:12 AM   #35211
Impulsed7

AIK at noon tomorrow, then lunch somewhere.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #35212
latino1ny

Ok, so I've decided if I go springs I'm going to go with Eibach Sportlines and Koni Oranges. However, I was looking in the slammed thread and a lot of people seem to be running Rokkor coilovers. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about them. (Ride comfort, etc) they are competitively priced compared to the Eibach/Koni set up I was thinking about, and since they are coilovers, I'll have adjustability. I want to go low, but don't want my teeth jarred out of my head on these infamous roads.

Also, on a second note, a lot of people are doing muffler deletes (just running straight pipes in place of their muffler, leaving both resonaters in place) from the videos it sounds pretty nice. Gives a good tone without being too loud, and is an alternative to a cat-back. Does anyone local have the muffler delete done?

Old 03-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #35213
robb1887

I wouldn't trust rokkors on these roads. Pony it up and get a set of BCs. I was never satisfied with springs.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #35214
BROKENBIMMER

My Ride: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino1ny View Post
Ok, so I've decided if I go springs I'm going to go with Eibach Sportlines and Koni Oranges. However, I was looking in the slammed thread and a lot of people seem to be running Rokkor coilovers. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about them. (Ride comfort, etc) they are competitively priced compared to the Eibach/Koni set up I was thinking about, and since they are coilovers, I'll have adjustability. I want to go low, but don't want my teeth jarred out of my head on these infamous roads.

Also, on a second note, a lot of people are doing muffler deletes (just running straight pipes in place of their muffler, leaving both resonaters in place) from the videos it sounds pretty nice. Gives a good tone without being too loud, and is an alternative to a cat-back. Does anyone local have the muffler delete done?
I had straight pipe with eBay header and stock resonators and it was obnoxious as hell..I do not recommend..although with the muffler gone header resonators and ***** type muffler my car has a nice deep tone..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1362272939.019740.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	493397  
BROKENBIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #35215
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
I'd stay away from rokkor.
On the cheap end look into FK coilovers. You may be pleasantly surprised.
If you want max drop on shock/spring combo, I think you pretty much have to go Tein. There by far the lowest springs I've seen for our chassis.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #35216
latino1ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKENBIMMER View Post
I had straight pipe with eBay header and stock resonators and it was obnoxious as hell..I do not recommend..although with the muffler gone header resonators and ***** type muffler my car has a nice deep tone..
I wasn't planning on eBay headers, I'm going to leave the stock headers on because I've heard with headers AND the muffler delete it is really loud. The only thing I was going to do was remove the stock muffler and get straight pipes put in it's place, kind of like this:

Old 03-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #35217
latino1ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
I wouldn't trust rokkors on these roads. Pony it up and get a set of BCs. I was never satisfied with springs.
Where would be the best place to get a set of BCs? Their website doesn't seem to "sell" their products. Maybe I'm not navigating it correctly. I'm trying to keep things on a budget for now.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #35218
latino1ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snik View Post
I'd stay away from rokkor.
On the cheap end look into FK coilovers. You may be pleasantly surprised.
If you want max drop on shock/spring combo, I think you pretty much have to go Tein. There by far the lowest springs I've seen for our chassis.
Hmm, FK has a lot of different coils out for our car. What is the best thing to look for. I don't fully understand spring rates. I want to go low, but keep a comfy ride, and you know the condition of our roads. Obviously I'm not going to go slammed (can't around here) but as far as spring rates go do I want softer, or harder? Harder would be a more bumpy ride, right? Or do I have that backwards? Is 385 lbs/inch a better ride than 435 lbs/inch? Or is it the other way around? Which set of FK's would you recommend Snik? There are 5 different sets available for my car here:
http://www.esetuning.com/category-s/6117.htm

Old 03-02-2013, 11:53 PM   #35219
Impulsed7

being the local "king of obnoxious exhausts" I would say get something that definitely won't drone. Stay away from straight pipes. If you want to delete your muffler cheap and get something high flow and not obnoxious, grab up a Vibrant resonator in 2.5in/out and have someone put it in place of stock. Will cost as much as a used catback though, so just buy a good one of those if you could find one.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #35220
dcw242

Ive got a muffler delete on my car. Straight pipes from rear axle back. I kept the stock tips and them welded on. OEM headers and both cats. I'm pleased with the way it sounds. As far as droning, if you listen to music then it really isn't as big of an issue as people make it out to be.

The shop I had it done at only charged $80 and since its a 325 and wont go fast anyways, I wasnt going to drop money on a full catback or even performance muffler.