E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
BMW driver kills family, flees scene

http://news.yahoo.com/expectant-pare...144618750.html

1) Holy shit how fast were they going
2) BMW was likely stolen
3) Stories like this make me rage

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Expectant parents die in NY crash; infant survives

NEW YORK (AP) - A pregnant young woman who was feeling ill was headed to the hospital with her husband early Sunday when the car they were riding in was hit, killing them both, but their baby boy was born prematurely and survived, authorities and a relative said.

The driver of a BMW slammed into the car carrying Nachman and Raizy Glauber, both 21, at an intersection in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, said Isaac Abraham, a neighbor of Raizy Glauber's parents who lives two blocks from the scene of the crash.

Raizy Glauber was thrown from the car and her body landed under a parked tractor-trailer, said witnesses who came to the scene after the crash. Nachman Glauber was pinned in the car, and emergency workers had to cut off the roof to get him out, witnesses said.

Both of the Glaubers were pronounced dead at hospitals, police said, and both died of blunt-force trauma, the medical examiner said.

Their son was in serious condition, Abraham said. The hospital did not return calls about the infant. The Glaubers' livery cab driver was treated for minor injuries at the hospital and was later released. Both the driver of the BMW and a passenger fled and were being sought, police said.

On Saturday, Raizy Glauber "was not feeling well, so they decided to go" to the hospital, said Sara Glauber, Nachman Glauber's cousin. Abraham said the Glaubers called a car service because they didn't own a car, which is common for New Yorkers.

The Glaubers were married about a year ago and had begun a life together in Williamsburg, where Raizy Glauber grew up in a prominent Orthodox Jewish rabbinical family, Sara Glauber said.

Raised north of New York City in Monsey, N.Y., and part of a family that founded a line of clothing for Orthodox Jews, Nachman Glauber was studying at a rabbinical college nearby, said his cousin.

Brooklyn is home to the largest community of ultra-orthodox Jews outside Israel, more than 250,000. The community has strict rules governing clothing, social customs and interaction with the outside world. Men wear dark clothing that includes a long coat and a fedora-type hat and often have long beards and ear locks.

Jewish law calls for burial of the dead as soon as possible, and hours after their deaths, the Glaubers were mourned by at least 1,000 people at a funeral outside the Congregation Yetev Lev D'Satmar synagogue. Men in black hats gathered around the coffins in the middle of the street, while women in bright headscarves stood on the sidewalk, in accordance with the Orthodox Jewish tradition of separating the sexes at religious services.

The sound of wailing filled the air as two coffins covered in black velvet with a silver trim were carried from a vehicle. A succession of men and women delivered eulogies in Yiddish, sobbing as they spoke into a microphone about the young couple. "I will never forget you, my daughter!" said Yitzchok Silberstein, Raizy Glauber's father.

Afterward, the cars carrying the bodies left and headed to Monsey, where another service was planned in Nachman Glauber's hometown.

"You don't meet anyone better than him," said his cousin. "He was always doing favors for everyone."

She said Nachman's mother herself just delivered a baby two weeks ago.

"I've never seen a mother-son relationship like this," Sara Glauber said. "He called her every day to make sure everything was OK. He was the sweetest, most charming human being, always with a smile on his face."

She added that, of him and his bride, "if one had to go, the other had to go too because they really were one soul."
Old 03-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Wes

Expectant parents die in NY crash; infant survives

NEW YORK (AP) - A pregnant young woman who was feeling ill was headed to the hospital with her husband early Sunday when the car they were riding in was hit, killing them both, but their baby boy was born prematurely and survived, authorities and a relative said.

The driver of a BMW slammed into the car carrying Nachman and Raizy Glauber, both 21, at an intersection in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, said Isaac Abraham, a neighbor of Raizy Glauber's parents who lives two blocks from the scene of the crash.

Raizy Glauber was thrown from the car and her body landed under a parked tractor-trailer, said witnesses who came to the scene after the crash. Nachman Glauber was pinned in the car, and emergency workers had to cut off the roof to get him out, witnesses said.

Both of the Glaubers were pronounced dead at hospitals, police said, and both died of blunt-force trauma, the medical examiner said.

Their son was in serious condition, Abraham said. The hospital did not return calls about the infant. The Glaubers' livery cab driver was treated for minor injuries at the hospital and was later released. Both the driver of the BMW and a passenger fled and were being sought, police said.

On Saturday, Raizy Glauber "was not feeling well, so they decided to go" to the hospital, said Sara Glauber, Nachman Glauber's cousin. Abraham said the Glaubers called a car service because they didn't own a car, which is common for New Yorkers.

The Glaubers were married about a year ago and had begun a life together in Williamsburg, where Raizy Glauber grew up in a prominent Orthodox Jewish rabbinical family, Sara Glauber said.

Raised north of New York City in Monsey, N.Y., and part of a family that founded a line of clothing for Orthodox Jews, Nachman Glauber was studying at a rabbinical college nearby, said his cousin.

Brooklyn is home to the largest community of ultra-orthodox Jews outside Israel, more than 250,000. The community has strict rules governing clothing, social customs and interaction with the outside world. Men wear dark clothing that includes a long coat and a fedora-type hat and often have long beards and ear locks.

Jewish law calls for burial of the dead as soon as possible, and hours after their deaths, the Glaubers were mourned by at least 1,000 people at a funeral outside the Congregation Yetev Lev D'Satmar synagogue. Men in black hats gathered around the coffins in the middle of the street, while women in bright headscarves stood on the sidewalk, in accordance with the Orthodox Jewish tradition of separating the sexes at religious services.

The sound of wailing filled the air as two coffins covered in black velvet with a silver trim were carried from a vehicle. A succession of men and women delivered eulogies in Yiddish, sobbing as they spoke into a microphone about the young couple. "I will never forget you, my daughter!" said Yitzchok Silberstein, Raizy Glauber's father.

Afterward, the cars carrying the bodies left and headed to Monsey, where another service was planned in Nachman Glauber's hometown.

"You don't meet anyone better than him," said his cousin. "He was always doing favors for everyone."

She said Nachman's mother herself just delivered a baby two weeks ago.

"I've never seen a mother-son relationship like this," Sara Glauber said. "He called her every day to make sure everything was OK. He was the sweetest, most charming human being, always with a smile on his face."

She added that, of him and his bride, "if one had to go, the other had to go too because they really were one soul."
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Sad. The car was most likely stolen. Kinda dumb to run away if you own the car. The cops will be waiting at your front door before you even got home.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
sjacoby112

My Ride: 2002 325ci
there was just an e46 m3 stolen from new jersey.. wonder if there is any connection. either way that's really sad.

2002 325ci | 5MT | SGM/AGM | Varrstoen | RoyalStance
sjacoby112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
oofie

My Ride: 07 Fit
Send a message via AIM to oofie
ban bmw's
Old 03-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
Top_Bunk

My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
Is it just me, or do the news outlets always refer to the "BMW/Merc/Lex" driver in news incidents, but use their name for other brands of auto? When is the last time you heard a news report stating "Corolla driver kills family of four"?
Top_Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
awesomechinz

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Bunk View Post
Is it just me, or do the news outlets always refer to the "BMW/Merc/Lex" driver in news incidents, but use their name for other brands of auto? When is the last time you heard a news report stating "Corolla driver kills family of four"?
Can a corolla go faster than 20? If so please tell me where you got your stage 100 turbo kit (with free rice of course)

But they don't show it probably cause those companies pay them not to

brown magic
awesomechinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
Quote:
It's not like the headline said"BMW DRIVER KILLS FAMILY". It was just a quote from someone who saw the incident.

Last edited by HBizzo88; 03-03-2013 at 09:42 PM.
HBizzo88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #10
Fergo

Quote:
Yep, now that I think about it not once in the article was toyota or corolla mentioned...odd

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Old 03-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #11
SD 328I

My Ride: S197, E90, and 1125R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
Yep, now that I think about it not once in the article was toyota or corolla mentioned...odd
Maybe because they weren't looking for the driver of a Corolla?

I've read this story from other sources, they do mention the Corolla is some of those.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #12
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
why is everyone assuming it's stolen? lol - you guys are ridiculous

edit: Fergo_the_mule corrected my spelling. let's all give the internet hero a pat on the back.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:

Last edited by Born Again; 03-03-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #13
Fergo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
why is everyone assuming it's stolen? lol - you guys are rediculous
Let's learn how to spell ridiculous. And I'm assuming it's stolen because I find it hard to believe someone leaving their car when the plates and registration will lead the cops straight to their doorstep.

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash

Last edited by Fergo; 03-03-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #14
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
Quote:
why is everyone assuming it's stolen? lol - you guys are rediculous
Well there's a lot of black people in Brooklyn, and black people can't afford BMW's.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #15
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Sad. The car was most likely stolen. Kinda dumb to run away if you own the car. The cops will be waiting at your front door before you even got home.
dude ran because if you do anything against a hasidic jew in their neighborhood you'll probably get killed , your fault or not. they're nuts. i got mobbed for honking at a family crossing when i had a green light. sad nevertheless.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #16
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
Quote:
Let's learn how to spell ridiculous. And I'm assuming it's stolen because I find it hard to believe someone leaving their car when the plates and registration will lead the cops straight to their doorstep.
you're being emotional. i'm glad the misspelling wasn't too over your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBizzo88 View Post
Well there's a lot of black people in Brooklyn, and black people can't afford BMW's.
another idiot.

have you been to that area? very pricey neighborhood. actually have you been to brooklyn? it's not exactly filled with a lot of poor black people.

any more stupid comments? - haha

Quote:
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Old 03-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #17
Fergo

Quote:
you're being emotional. i'm glad the misspelling wasn't too over your head.
too stupid to even insult.

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Old 03-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #18
Born Again

Quote:
too stupid to even insult.
Oh no he has feelings guys!

Okay keep playing detective lol

Quote:
Old 03-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #19
kanyeWest
Banned User

My Ride: my car, smh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBizzo88 View Post
Lmfao.

Sent from your girl's nostrils.
kanyeWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #20
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
dude ran because if you do anything against a hasidic jew in their neighborhood you'll probably get killed , your fault or not. they're nuts. i got mobbed for honking at a family crossing when i had a green light. sad nevertheless.
Where'd you hear this?