E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #61
jonny_blaze

My Ride: E46 M3 AA HKS S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
I've heard the same theory as well from some well respected tuners
Nice name my friend. Which theory and which tuners?
jonny_blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #62
joshzhp

My Ride: ZHP--Stock
Karl Hugh.........A lot of what Josh brings up could be valid. we have noticed a couple cars that do tend to lean out at redline running the Level 2 kit on the MS45 ECU. Posted by the master himself at AA.

We are here talking about MS45 cars not M3 or turbo cars.

Yes mid 12's on a supercharged BMW is lean. Your opinion is welcomed jonny_blaze but you are incorrect. You will not find a turner that will back your opinion.

AEM UEGO Wideband Kit was used but also the dyno operator used the tail pipe sniffer on all the runs.

Last edited by joshzhp; 02-13-2013 at 05:12 PM.
joshzhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #63
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
Nice name my friend. Which theory and which tuners?
Thanks you too, the theory of 1 point leaner from the tail pipe versus post cat sensor. Heard from Norris Prayoonto directly, Randy Mueller indirectly and heard it echoed by several other well versed mechanics.

Last edited by JohnBlaze; 02-13-2013 at 07:13 PM.
JohnBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #64
paraklas

My Ride: ESS TS2 320ci
WOT I'm getting 11.8-12.1 AFR with the TS2 and the AEM UEGO installed right after the 2 cats on an X-Pipe, MS43 ECU. Reading after the cats increases the reading by 0.7-0.8 as I've been told by ESS.

Last edited by paraklas; 02-14-2013 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Auto-save 1360845362
paraklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #65
jonny_blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshzhp View Post
Karl Hugh.........A lot of what Josh brings up could be valid. we have noticed a couple cars that do tend to lean out at redline running the Level 2 kit on the MS45 ECU. Posted by the master himself at AA.

We are here talking about MS45 cars not M3 or turbo cars.

Yes mid 12's on a supercharged BMW is lean. Your opinion is welcomed jonny_blaze but you are incorrect. You will not find a turner that will back your opinion.

AEM UEGO Wideband Kit was used but also the dyno operator used the tail pipe sniffer on all the runs.
Well josh, maybe it's a discrepancy in wording but if your talking ms45 then you shouldn't generalize with saying "supercharged bmws", as other has and I'm clearly trying to ease down the general crowd adding fuel to the fire when I posted clear information from other tuners because
Clearly "supercharged BMW" is varying in afr based on its platform. There is a general
Rule of thumb, but there are differences at fine lines. There's a lot more to tuning than only a target afr. Some have stated it is not difficult to tune these cars, and clearly they have not proven a point with their two hands. There's a lot of information missing, do you agree that any imperfections on tht engine or even your diagnostic tools will make it hard to get a tune right? I guess all we can do is wait for their dynos to be posted.

I have a few questions though....what compression was your motor before charging your car? Also how was the motor built after with a cometic gasket? Which motor was the dyno from
And where was the sniffer placed? Stupid question but have seen dyno operators forget to even secure it.

Ms45 is not easy to tune acknowledged by everyone, even why some go with standalone or piggyback. Who else has kits out for this ecu with that power goal? If you wanted to do something custom why not spend the money on sending it there in the first place...it would have cost less in the end and would be done right.

Last edited by jonny_blaze; 02-14-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #66
SM3turbo

My Ride: Turbo M3
Hey guys read this thread and it caught my attention. Im affiliated with CES Motorsport. I hate to see anyone go though something like this vendor or customer. Karl and Mike are truly great honest people, John and I have been doing business with Active for over 10 years now. We are a certified AA dealer and have installed many many of their supercharger kits from E36, E46, E90/92. We do have an in house dyno that helps us with custom applications, I have to say every AA product install we have done to date has not come back with any issues only more upgrades. We have multiple cars out there with years of hard driving and over 70-80K miles still going strong.
AA products and support are top notch!! Hope everything gets worked out.
SM3turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #67
Krystian_E46

My Ride: E46 M3,AA3 ZHP,S544D
Send a message via AIM to Krystian_E46 Send a message via Skype™ to Krystian_E46
ill have to chime in here when I get dyno readings and get some tests done on my AA 2.5 kit ZHP. AA wasn't able to help me with the info I asked for. Doing all research my self and all work at my shop.

Owner of many E46's :)
[Currently own 2004 M3, 2005 AA 2.5 Kit ZHP(SOLD), S54 Sedan, 01 330ci and 1 Coupe 1 Sedan 1 E46 M3 parts cars]

Last edited by Krystian_E46; 02-24-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Krystian_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #68
joshzhp

Anyone see a dyno sheet posted yet from a non-m Stage 2 car?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #69
joshzhp

Old 05-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #70
jonny_blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshzhp View Post
I have dynos, I am going to organize them properly and post em up tomorrow for you.

Last edited by jonny_blaze; 05-06-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #71
Miss325

My Ride: 05 325CiC Individual
I have an AA kit on my 325, and the initial tune supplied was far too lean. I got the technical print out from the dyno runs (not the graph, but the numbers at each rpm) and sent it to my local AA dealer, along with my comments and exactly what I wanted to achieve at exactly what revs. I re-installed my ECU and it was all running fine after that.