E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #41
Sleepersown

My Ride: Thinking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDiNfLuEnCe View Post
Can somebody provide the boost levels for the diffeent hpf maps, just looking for a comparison

Pump
Pump+meth
Race
Race +meth
I think it's 8 and 13 for their stage 2 kits. I have 16 and 23 for their stage 2.5 kit.

I have a DYNO* of those boost levels that is.

Last edited by Sleepersown; 03-05-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Sleepersown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #42
nnacpil

My Ride: 2006 BMW M3
^correct. 8lbs for pump gas and the rest is 13-14lbs of boost in stage 2

2006 BMW lllM3 SilverGrayMetallic/Cinnamon/Apex Arc-8
llHPF/ProEFI Stage 2.25 w/6766
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!
nnacpil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #43
yanksfan e46

My Ride: 04 M3
looks like a very nice well built kit.. definetly interested and maybe take a trip up to their shop to see the install.. Good luck MaxPSI!!

"It doesn't guarantee you a world championship. If you had a phenomenal football team and spent $200 [million], you could have a dynasty. In baseball, any team can beat any team on any given day. That's what makes baseball so great." GO YANKEES!!!!

I HAVE OEM STUFF FOR SALE PM ME!!!!!
yanksfan e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #44
b_hugie

My Ride: 2002 M3
I'll step in here quick. I just had my M3 shipped to New Jersey for the boys at Maximum PSI to work their magic on. Luke has been a pleasure to work with and I am excited to see the outcome! My car is an SMG, so they will likely keep it for a month or two to make sure everything works as desired.

I have my own dyno to do some personal testing, and I have no doubts the kit will not disappoint. I'll post up in here with some dyno sheets and driving impressions once I get the car back. I work in diesel performance, so I am no stranger to horsepower!

Thanks Maximum PSI!
b_hugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #45
bigaldawgs

My Ride: BMW e46 & e36 M3
Send a message via Yahoo to bigaldawgs Send a message via Skype™ to bigaldawgs
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hugie View Post
I'll step in here quick. I just had my M3 shipped to New Jersey for the boys at Maximum PSI to work their magic on. Luke has been a pleasure to work with and I am excited to see the outcome! My car is an SMG, so they will likely keep it for a month or two to make sure everything works as desired.

I have my own dyno to do some personal testing, and I have no doubts the kit will not disappoint. I'll post up in here with some dyno sheets and driving impressions once I get the car back. I work in diesel performance, so I am no stranger to horsepower!

Thanks Maximum PSI!

Can't wait to see the posted results!!

With this platform being out......I guess the days of the Supercharge e46 M3 is nearing the END.......

Wish List: TURBO
bigaldawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #46
luke@maximumpsi
Sponsor

My Ride: 750hp E36 NickG Tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hugie View Post

Thanks Maximum PSI!
I am excited to get your car in!! It should be a rather quick turn around on the build. We are just waiting on the clutch and the bushings to show up, then is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaldawgs View Post
Can't wait to see the posted results!!

With this platform being out......I guess the days of the Supercharge e46 M3 is nearing the END.......
Haha, I love the wish list. We can make it happen for you!

Luke King - Sales@maximumpsi.com
908-290-3571
luke@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #47
BaDiNfLuEnCe

My Ride: 04 m3, 06 jeep srt8
Me and couple friends went out for a couple runs... About 20 of us... Definetly had everyone suprised... Have some call outs to attend to.. All motor old school golf, an e90 m3 and hopefully my friend brings out his gtr again. Definetly puttin this m3 to use.. Ill try to get some runs on video..

[/IMG][/URL]
BaDiNfLuEnCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #48
BMW E465

My Ride: 1dirty5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDiNfLuEnCe View Post
Me and couple friends went out for a couple runs... About 20 of us... Definetly had everyone suprised... Have some call outs to attend to.. All motor old school golf, an e90 m3 and hopefully my friend brings out his gtr again. Definetly puttin this m3 to use.. Ill try to get some runs on video..
BMW E465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #49
6spd_legend

My Ride: acura legend 6spd
This is awesome. Luke/Mike and the rest of the guys @ MaxPSI are definitely putting in work!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #50
Ispeed

My Ride: 2005 M3
Send a message via AIM to Ispeed
the times posted are about the same as a GTr with a mid pipe & intakes
2009 RR Sport
Ispeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #51
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ispeed View Post
the times posted are about the same as a GTr with a mid pipe & intakes
Time yes, trap speed, no.

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:31 AM   #52
OzJustin

My Ride: E46 M3 (soon)
MaxPSI - Is your kit compatible with RHD M3's?
OzJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:20 AM   #53
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
No, the current hardware will need to be changed. Please contact us if you would be interested in shipping a car over to fabricate the rhd components.
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #54
OzJustin

My Ride: E46 M3 (soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi View Post
No, the current hardware will need to be changed. Please contact us if you would be interested in shipping a car over to fabricate the rhd components.
Thanks Mike. I'm not in a position at this stage but will watch any RHD developments with interest. The HPF RHD kit has certainly generated much interest.
OzJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #55
NickG

My Ride: 2001 330ci turbo
So Mike, how feasible would it be to get a wrecked M3, swap in a RHD steering column, rack, and brake booster, and modify the kit for RHD cars?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #56
daemonicus

My Ride: batmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG View Post
So Mike, how feasible would it be to get a wrecked M3, swap in a RHD steering column, rack, and brake booster, and modify the kit for RHD cars?
doesn't HPF run the steering column right in between each manifold (one bottom mount, one top)?

Nick, while you're in this thread, i asked this a while back and never got an answer. what programming, if any, is in place as a failsafe? is there anything in the DME that would do something, if say, a sharp boost spike occured?
daemonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #57
NickG

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonicus View Post
doesn't HPF run the steering column right in between each manifold (one bottom mount, one top)?

Nick, while you're in this thread, i asked this a while back and never got an answer. what programming, if any, is in place as a failsafe? is there anything in the DME that would do something, if say, a sharp boost spike occured?
Normally, there are airflow limits in the DME. Airflow = boost. Flow too much air (ie, too much boost) and you'll set a fault and put the DME into limp mode. This kit was designed to operate safely on 8.5psi of boost with 93 octane fuel. BUT, we also wanted the kit to put out more power if higher octane fuel was used (ie, the 600+rwhp with 100 octane and 13psi that was reported in another thread).

And herein lies the problem, with a decision to be made......

In order for the DME to support high octane with 13psi boost, means it can't detect whether the boost you're running is 'normal' or 'abnormal'. If you've filled up with 100 octane, then 13psi is 'normal'. If you're on 93 octane and your boost controller fails and you hit 13psi, that is 'abnormal'. The DME can't distinguish between those two scenarios.

So since the majority of customers want to turbo their S54 because they want POWER, we decided to relax these airflow checks and allow the DME software to support the high octane/high boost condition without needing a reflash......just fill up/turn it up and go!

The DME will still detect a failed mass air meter, but it won't throw a fault for an overboost condition, since it really can't tell if that overboost was intentional or not.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #58
FragNasty

My Ride: Car
Could overboost only be permitted if certain controls are activated? Like pressing the M button? I suppose that would depend on the DME being able to detect the control. Comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG View Post
Normally, there are airflow limits in the DME. Airflow = boost. Flow too much air (ie, too much boost) and you'll set a fault and put the DME into limp mode. This kit was designed to operate safely on 8.5psi of boost with 93 octane fuel. BUT, we also wanted the kit to put out more power if higher octane fuel was used (ie, the 600+rwhp with 100 octane and 13psi that was reported in another thread).

And herein lies the problem, with a decision to be made......

In order for the DME to support high octane with 13psi boost, means it can't detect whether the boost you're running is 'normal' or 'abnormal'. If you've filled up with 100 octane, then 13psi is 'normal'. If you're on 93 octane and your boost controller fails and you hit 13psi, that is 'abnormal'. The DME can't distinguish between those two scenarios.

So since the majority of customers want to turbo their S54 because they want POWER, we decided to relax these airflow checks and allow the DME software to support the high octane/high boost condition without needing a reflash......just fill up/turn it up and go!

The DME will still detect a failed mass air meter, but it won't throw a fault for an overboost condition, since it really can't tell if that overboost was intentional or not.
FragNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #59
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
You can use an electronic boost controller like an Eboost 2. If there is an overboost situation it will default to wg spring pressure.
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #60
NickG

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragNasty View Post
Could overboost only be permitted if certain controls are activated? Like pressing the M button? I suppose that would depend on the DME being able to detect the control. Comments?
We already have plans for the 'Sport' button