E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average. Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #41
MarcusLSB

My Ride: X5, CT200h, CLK63 BS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad @ Saad Racing View Post
Markus, you have a wonderful way of phrasing things Jason's ProEFI E46 M3, was the Saad Racing prototype kit, except that everything has been improved on our production kit. As for the car in Sweden, if it wasn't important enough to video, than its not important enough to mention here. For someone to claim a record they should be in front of a crowd, not have control of the lights and have a time slip and video to prove what they have done. I've said it in the Supra world and I'm saying it here. Its the only fair way to do it.
If someone were to claim a record in the 60-130 they have to submit a data sheet from the performance box before anyone would even think to listen.
I called it "Jason's ProEFI M3" simply because that's what everyone here knows it as. Even when it was Charlie's M3.. simplest way to clarify. Not taking away from your kit, as I know that the car was built by you. Apologies if it sounded that way.

I agree, its a bit obnoxious that the best 60-130 time and the best 1/4 time are both unfilmed and or poorly filmed and documented. But I also find that to be pretty common as far as the other side of the world is concerned. Russian/DragTimes is probably the only one who properly documents anything. Just seems they simply don't care.. take a look at Total Race (Jason's familiar with them) .. they pump out just simply awesome cars.. then post a crappy 10 second video and its the last you hear/see of it. Pisses me off as I'd like to SEE the 9.79.. even if its not my car.. I don't care.. as a enthusiast I want to see it! Same goes for merts 60-130 times.. wish we had better video of it, but he has submitted vbox data and it was verified. We all know that's not difficult to manipulate though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Performance View Post
lol @ 60-130 !!
Coming from a drag background, I get it.. but some of us only have one toy and we enjoy being able to drive it on the weekends, safely .. and when you start dipping into the mid 10's its time for a cage.. and slicks, and all sorts of other items that bastardize the streetability of the car, and ones enjoyment of it. Hence 60-130 times.

**** Saad has a Street Supra and a 8 Second Supra.. not everyone has the means for both... if I had to choose, and many people do.. between a fast drag car and a fast street car, I'd choose street.

If there's a better way of measuring real world performance of a STREET CAR I don't know of it.
MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #42
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: S600
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
I called it "Jason's ProEFI M3" simply because that's what everyone here knows it as. Even when it was Charlie's M3.. simplest way to clarify. Not taking away from your kit, as I know that the car was built by you. Apologies if it sounded that way.

I agree, its a bit obnoxious that the best 60-130 time and the best 1/4 time are both unfilmed and or poorly filmed and documented. But I also find that to be pretty common as far as the other side of the world is concerned. Russian/DragTimes is probably the only one who properly documents anything. Just seems they simply don't care.. take a look at Total Race (Jason's familiar with them) .. they pump out just simply awesome cars.. then post a crappy 10 second video and its the last you hear/see of it. Pisses me off as I'd like to SEE the 9.79.. even if its not my car.. I don't care.. as a enthusiast I want to see it! Same goes for merts 60-130 times.. wish we had better video of it, but he has submitted vbox data and it was verified. We all know that's not difficult to manipulate though.

Coming from a drag background, I get it.. but some of us only have one toy and we enjoy being able to drive it on the weekends, safely .. and when you start dipping into the mid 10's its time for a cage.. and slicks, and all sorts of other items that bastardize the streetability of the car, and ones enjoyment of it. Hence 60-130 times.

**** Saad has a Street Supra and a 8 Second Supra.. not everyone has the means for both... if I had to choose, and many people do.. between a fast drag car and a fast street car, I'd choose street.

If there's a better way of measuring real world performance of a STREET CAR I don't know of it.
I don't know about the 60-130, but I can tell you that the best quarter mile times have been filmed, and they are Saad Racing/ProEFI built cars. If anyone wishes to claim a quicker time let them come forward with proof, anything else would diminish what the rest of us are doing. When our cars ran 10.4 we did it multiple time in a row, not hard to film and not hard to prove. Without proof your just a bullshitter.
Saad @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #43
JR @ RS WORX
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: a car
Congrats guys!!! Can't wait to get my car assembled. I should be able to get most of the engine assembled this weekend! Not too much longer.
JR @ RS WORX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #44
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Location: Well, Dick, here's the deal: I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff.
My Ride: Is very FAST
Quote:

I do understand what you mean, unfortunately in this neck of the woods it is just 1/4 mile racing. If you suggest a roll on race with some of the locals, you will be called a few names with homosexual innuendos! Back in the late 80s and early 90s when I first started dabbling with supras and other turbo charged cars, highway racing was all that a turbo car could do. It took a lot of trial and error to get these cars to 1/4 mile well. Making the HP is easy but putting it down not just from a roll is the tricky part. I also do understand not wanting to put a cage in most of these cars. It is amazing how fast today's cars are! Many 100% stock cars now are capable of running times requiring cages!
Sound Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #45
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR @ RS WORX View Post
Congrats guys!!! Can't wait to get my car assembled. I should be able to get most of the engine assembled this weekend! Not too much longer.
Thanks JR! I'm looking forward to your car being done also. I know that you have a couple of options in your kit, like the air intake, that net will net you even higher numbers. Get it done because I can't wait to see it!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #46
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound performance View Post
i do understand what you mean, unfortunately in this neck of the woods it is just 1/4 mile racing. If you suggest a roll on race with some of the locals, you will be called a few names with homosexual innuendos! Back in the late 80s and early 90s when i first started dabbling with supras and other turbo charged cars, highway racing was all that a turbo car could do. It took a lot of trial and error to get these cars to 1/4 mile well. Making the hp is easy but putting it down not just from a roll is the tricky part. I also do understand not wanting to put a cage in most of these cars. It is amazing how fast today's cars are! Many 100% stock cars now are capable of running times requiring cages!
amen brother!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #47
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Location: Well, Dick, here's the deal: I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff.
Quote:
amen brother!
If anyone knows the trial and error part of getting a big turbo, small displacement car to 1/4 mile well it is you! Remember when we thought 10s were fast? LOL Now in some of the races we go to , if you are not in the 7s, you can't compete!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #48
MarcusLSB

Quote:
I do understand what you mean, unfortunately in this neck of the woods it is just 1/4 mile racing. If you suggest a roll on race with some of the locals, you will be called a few names with homosexual innuendos! Back in the late 80s and early 90s when I first started dabbling with supras and other turbo charged cars, highway racing was all that a turbo car could do. It took a lot of trial and error to get these cars to 1/4 mile well. Making the HP is easy but putting it down not just from a roll is the tricky part. I also do understand not wanting to put a cage in most of these cars. It is amazing how fast today's cars are! Many 100% stock cars now are capable of running times requiring cages!
I love 1/4 mile racing as much as the next guy.. but its a dying form of racing.. drag strips are closing down all day long out here on the west coast.. and trust me.. if its happening here.. it will eventually catch up to the rest of the country.

Go to your local drag strip.. you might see 2-3 modern cars running decent times.. the other 50 cars are all old muscle cars, and or a bunch of highschoolers seeing what their gutted k20 can do. Mile racing, and events like shift sector are whats in now. Like it or not.. and I really don't care much about either.. (i just go to hang out with friends) .. but there's no denying that drag racing is a dying sport. I also hate drifting, and that's obviously all the rage now as well.

I don't challenge anyone to a race, roll or otherwise, I could give a **** less if my cars faster or slower than someone elses.. I just go out to have fun. So far I've never lost at that.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:41 AM   #49
E85head

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by James @ Saad Racing View Post
I believe that number ($3095) does not include the ECU bracket, boost controller, ignitors for the stock coils and the injector resistors. Saad quoted the full kit with the above mentioned
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/7jlixzycbgr...7PPJDfiBQ&dl=1

Understand! found $3095 here in your brochure
E85head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:43 AM   #50
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Quote:
I love 1/4 mile racing as much as the next guy.. but its a dying form of racing.. drag strips are closing down all day long out here on the west coast.. and trust me.. if its happening here.. it will eventually catch up to the rest of the country.

Go to your local drag strip.. you might see 2-3 modern cars running decent times.. the other 50 cars are all old muscle cars, and or a bunch of highschoolers seeing what their gutted k20 can do. Mile racing, and events like shift sector are whats in now. Like it or not.. and I really don't care much about either.. (i just go to hang out with friends) .. but there's no denying that drag racing is a dying sport. I also hate drifting, and that's obviously all the rage now as well.

I don't challenge anyone to a race, roll or otherwise, I could give a **** less if my cars faster or slower than someone elses.. I just go out to have fun. So far I've never lost at that.
+1...60-130 and mile roll on races are taking the scene by storm. My theory is because the power outputs of vehicles today are so outrageous that a very small percent of them can put the power down in a 1/4 mile, and then by the time they do put 1200+ rwhp down on street tires the race is over. To win a mile drag you need more than a sh*t load of torque and slicks, peak horsepower generally is the focus there and that's where the dyno queens will shine. And we all know there are a LOT of dyno queens. With the mile drags focused on trap speeds more than time people have been building their cars for peak horsepower thus creating cars like the UGR lambos and Alpha GTR's etc, and 1500+ rwhp Ford GT's.

I'm just waiting for the west coast to stop being so greedy and start bringing these shiftsector events over to the east

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg

Last edited by 7to3_enthusiast; 03-07-2013 at 05:44 AM.
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #51
James @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by E85head View Post
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/7jlixzycbgr...7PPJDfiBQ&dl=1

Understand! found $3095 here in your brochure
Yes. That price does not include the boost controller, ignitors or injector resistors plus installation on the ECU bracket (which is what Saad is quoting).
James @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #52
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
Quote:
lol @ 60-130 !!
???
Old 03-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #53
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:

Strangely enough, the rage around here in the midwest has become 1/8th mile racing. With the ridiculous trap speeds these cars can now go in the 1/4 (around 200) 1/8th mile is becoming more and more popular. Most cars just to be competitive are in the 4s in the 1/8th! We are building 3 of them now!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #54
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:

Drag racing isn't going anywhere. The forms of racing that will endure will have some sort of measurement on them, without that, you can't judge how well you have done.

Now I just have to say something about your last statement. While I commend you on having fun with friends, I have to say, if all M3 owners thought like you this platform would go no where. It takes competition to promote any product. Be it a bike, roller skates or a car. How do you think the Supra got so fast? Was it from a bunch of guys standing around telling each other how awesome there rims look? I don't think so. Did someone say "hey, I set a new record the other day, you should have seen it" then everyone else says "man I would have loved to have seen that, maybe next time, but your on top congratulations". I don't think so. Its from setting up events, racing each other, and pushing the limits of the platform. Proving what you have done and being able to repeat it. Then and only then will the rest of the automotive world car or respect your platform.

If its true that you don't care if you win or lose then you should have a clean low mileage stock car, no shame in that. But if you modify it and make that statement, then I just have to say, I don't believe you

Last edited by Saad @ Saad Racing; 03-07-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #55
bigaldawgs

My Ride: BMW e46 & e36 M3
Send a message via Yahoo to bigaldawgs Send a message via Skype™ to bigaldawgs
Quote:
If its true that you don't care if you win or lose then you should have a clean low mileage stock car, no shame in that. But if you modify it and make that statement, then I just have to say, I don't believe you

Now... this is a fact!

Wish List: TURBO
bigaldawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #56
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaldawgs View Post
Now... this is a fact!
I would love to win, but trust me.. I'm not butt hurt if I don't. I wanted to build a fast car, for myself.. I care that its fast.. but I don't care if the jones's have a faster car. My goal is to build my car as fast as possible for the street, without sacrificing the enjoyment of the car. That's just me though. Now that noone's dragging the M3's here in the US I've pretty much lost interest. I'm not going to spend $100k again this year just to race myself.. :\
Old 03-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #57
PAT @ RS WORX
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: TT-RS & 740AWHP S4
Nice work guys! Motivates us to get ours together!
PAT @ RS WORX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #58
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
I would love to win, but trust me.. I'm not butt hurt if I don't. I wanted to build a fast car, for myself.. I care that its fast.. but I don't care if the jones's have a faster car. My goal is to build my car as fast as possible for the street, without sacrificing the enjoyment of the car. That's just me though. Now that noone's dragging the M3's here in the US I've pretty much lost interest. I'm not going to spend $100k again this year just to race myself.. :\
No reason for anyone to butt hurt if they lose. But if you represent the M3 platform and do it poorly you should be ashamed. Every car I build is for the street. They are all meant to be fast as hell and reliable. But that takes a lot of knowledge and that knowledge is gained at the track. My cars are not dyno queens. The car we are talking about in this thread can run a mid 10 second pass with its stock motor and do it all day long. I can drive it across the country and it has all its stock parts on it including air conditioning.

My understanding is that there is a drag event at MFest in May, is this not true? I'll be there to race, why don't you bring your car down? Lets invite other shops to compete so we can see who the best builders are, or should we just take there word on it?
Old 03-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #59
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT @ RS WORX View Post
Nice work guys! Motivates us to get ours together!
Hell ya, get it together! Wait until you see the cat back exhaust we are making
Old 03-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #60
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Quote:

My understanding is that there is a drag event at MFest in May, is this not true? I'll be there to race, why don't you bring your car down? Lets invite other shops to compete so we can see who the best builders are, or should we just take there word on it?
I doubt I'm the only thinking this, but I've been waiting for a turbo kit vs kit comparison .

I can see the aftermath of something like that getting ugly though.

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote